Brigg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have been randomly encountering a glitch that I have been unable to recreate on my own. A black border about 3 tiles thick will sometimes wrap my screen when loading into a new map. If I try to walk to the tiles beyond the black border, the player walks off-screen. 

I've tried to go fullscreen and minimized to attempt to fix it, but it does not work. The only thing that has worked is, save, close it out, and reopen it continuing that saved game. When it loads, the glitch is gone, and black border is gone. I could always add 3 tiles to the outsides of all my maps, and then fix all the events (a nuisance), but I shouldn't have to.

This started working shortly after installing Yanfly's Ace Message System. Although, the Message System does give you some capability to adjust widths and heights, but because of the randomness of the glitch, I don't feel it's the Script. But I could be wrong of course.

Here's a couple screenshots to give you an idea:

This is the glitch encounter:

This is without the glitch encounter:

Thanks for any help.

Brigg

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please post the screen resolution you're using (it is changed in yanfly's core script) and the map size.

Also please LINK to the used scripts, especially the ones used for fullscreen.

There are several possible causes for this, the most common one being a map smaller than the screensize.

Brigg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Yanfly Core script hasn't been altered. It's still set to the Yanfly default of 640x416. I never bothered to alter it to 640x480. 

The map sizes I've noticed the problem on are 928x736 (29x23) and 1824x864 (57x27). Much larger than the screen resolution.

Script LINK's I'm using:

https://github.com/Archeia/YEARepo/blob/master/Core/Ace_Core_Engine.rb

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17078211/Scripts/YEA/Ace_Battle_Engine.rb

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17078211/Scripts/YEA/Visual_Battlers.rb

https://github.com/Archeia/YEARepo/blob/master/Core/Ace_Message_System.rb

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/2707-autosave/

While randomly going into different maps, starting the battle processing, accepting missions to recreate the problem, I walked into a map that I had just been in, and the map loop was suddenly turned on. It's probably a related issue. Thought it might be of help. The more info, the better.

The map with the loop is a 544x416 map based on the default minimum map size.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Brigg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
I don't need help with a script.

I need help resolving my map from "randomly" changing resolution or looping.

Please and Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
those problems could only be caused by scripts, sou you indeed need help with a script - help to identify which script(s) cause the problem and to correct those scripts.

Brigg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heh. Well technically, everything is run by scripts.

I realized I forgotten a script.

http://pastebin.com/4pAz9KG5

It dawned on me while trying to recreate the problem and noticed it seemed to happen when I finished a quest. When I Save, the issue is corrected. 

Hope that info helps.

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, it's Yanfly Core Engine

If you did not change the configuration, then that script is resizing your resolution.

To fix this, enter the Yanfly Core script and find RESIZE_WIDTH and RESIZE_HEIGHT.

Change RESIZE_WIDTH to 544 and RESIZE_HEIGHT to 416 (which I think it is by default)

At least I hope it's the problem

Also, if you know a bit more about scripting, you could find Graphic.resize_screen part and delete it, unless you want your screen resized

And I'm not sure why is it happening sometimes, and not all the time ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Brigg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, it's Yanfly Core Engine

If you did not change the configuration, then that script is resizing your resolution.

To fix this, enter the Yanfly Core script and find RESIZE_WIDTH and RESIZE_HEIGHT.

Change RESIZE_WIDTH to 544 and RESIZE_HEIGHT to 416 (which I think it is by default)

At least I hope it's the problem

Also, if you know a bit more about scripting, you could find Graphic.resize_screen part and delete it, unless you want your screen resized

And I'm not sure why is it happening sometimes, and not all the time ...
Thanks, KockaAdmiralac :D

I altered the screen resolution to 640x480 (Yanfly had it set to 640x415 by default), and it seemed to fix the black border issue, but now all my older maps that are set at 544x416 loop automatically. Is there a way to fix this without increasing all my maps to 20x15's? It's doable this way, it just means a lot of repositioning of events and transfer locations. And again, when I hit esc (Cancel), the loop turns off displaying the map as I intended.

If I change the resolution to 544x416, it's not nearly as appealing as the 640x480.

Edit:

Altered the screen resolution to 544x416 then back to 640x480 and the black border is back. Esc still fixing it tho. Something about exiting out of the menu is resizing it to where it's supposed to be without the black borders. Is there a way to set the default game resolution to 680x480 and remove the yanfly ace engine resize code?

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, for the deletion of the resizing code

Enter the script editor and click CTRL+SHIFT+F

In the box that appears enter

Graphics.resize_screenuncheck all the options below and click SearchThe window with search results will appear.

You may find somehing like :

Graphics.resize_screen(RESIZE_WIDTH, RESIZE_HEIGHT)Click on it and it will take you to the line in code where it appearsMark that line and click CTRL+Q

The line will turn green and the screen won't be resized.

But, for the 680x480 you can't right now do that.

The screen can be resized to a max of 640x480

But, there is a project that is currently in making of edited RGSS301.dll that will allow higher resolutions.

I forgot the link to that post, sadly, but you can search the forum, I think the post is posted by Hotfirelegend

And also no, for the loop.

Loops are a normal thing when resolution is resized.

You will need to change all your maps.

But it isn't THAT BIG problem.

I had about 180 maps when I realized I wanted bigger resolution, and I had it done in about 10-15 minutes!

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You should not have any problem setting the resolution to 640x480. Yanfly included the fixes for any map/event placement issues in his script, so even if the map is smaller than the minimum tile dimension of your game's screen, there shouldn't be any black border issue. It is still recommended to set your maps to the tile minimums, because any custom script using screen_x and screen_y to position something will get their positions wrong.

Yanfly's Core Engine must be at the top of your custom script list (so, right below the "Materials" section).

Make a full search (CTRL+SHIFT+F) for this line in your script editor:

Graphics.resize_screenYou will see a list of your scripts where this line is present.
Write that list down here in the same order as you see them in the search results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenBratva