Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you try in test battle?
Sometimes loading saves dont have updated data.

King David

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you try in test battle?
Sometimes loading saves dont have updated data.
Did it by battle test, still 100 attacks in a row, tried changing AI Style to Gambit, as if i understood that is suppose to do actions in order and it didnt either.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
with plugins, battletest becomes unreliable.

battletest uses shortcuts to go to the battle directly, and in some cases those shortcuts bypass plugin initialisation. Which means that then the battletest works without the plugins functioning.
and from your reports, that is exactly what happens to you because by default if attack has an AR 9, then any skills AR 6 and lower will never be used.

Since you need the plugin to rewrite how the AR functions, that means you have to use testplay, new game and then an event to trigger the battle for testing.

King David

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
with plugins, battletest becomes unreliable.

battletest uses shortcuts to go to the battle directly, and in some cases those shortcuts bypass plugin initialisation. Which means that then the battletest works without the plugins functioning.
and from your reports, that is exactly what happens to you because by default if attack has an AR 9, then any skills AR 6 and lower will never be used.

Since you need the plugin to rewrite how the AR functions, that means you have to use testplay, new game and then an event to trigger the battle for testing.
Only did that last test with battletest ever other time was in game battles.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try Only having venom. If that works, try adding another skill, like "wait and see".

King David

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With just having Venom: Rated 1, then it does Venom every time. Not sure if the plugin is working, could you show maybe how to set a different command you know that works (ie Gambit mode) and see if that works?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
from what you said, it is most likely that one or more of your plugins are malfunctioning due to compatibility issues.
in such cases we need to see screenshots of your plugin manager to see all your plugins and their order, as well as the version number of your project's rmmz_core.js file.
to get the version number, go to your projects js folder and use a text editor to open rpg_core.js, the number at the end of the title line is the version.

King David

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
from what you said, it is most likely that one or more of your plugins are malfunctioning due to compatibility issues.
in such cases we need to see screenshots of your plugin manager to see all your plugins and their order, as well as the version number of your project's rmmz_core.js file.
to get the version number, go to your projects js folder and use a text editor to open rpg_core.js, the number at the end of the title line is the version.
1638010886031.png

cant see a file called rpg_core in js folder
1638011042113.png

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so, I've done a bunch of testing with your project.
This is the result:
When Attack is set to Priority 1 and Venom Priority 9(with the Notetags we setup previously),
Attack comes out 10% of the time.
When Attack is set to Priority 9 and Venom Priority 1(with the Notetags we setup previously),
Attack comes out 100% of the time.

I've tried several configurations, but Enemy AI favors Attack over all others(unless conditions are placed upon the skill).
I even created a new skill which acts as Attack, but the results were the same.

---

So, as a simple option to get your desired result, I have this solution:
Firstly, I reset the Venom Skill back to Special and added TP cost.
Venom.png

Then, adjust Zombie skills to this:
Zombie.png
Changing Venom Condition to include a Switch.
VenomSwitch.png

Next, setup Battle Event conditions:
BattleEvent.png
Variable.png
Variable range 0 ~ 9

ConditionalBranch.png
Conditional Branch is 5(or any single number withing the range) is picked, is 10%.
You can change the percentage by increasing the Variable number range.
0 ~ 4 = 20%
0 ~ 9 = 10%
0 ~ 19 = 5%
ETC...

Conditions.png
Every turn will run this event.

(Popup to show when Venom gets activated in this demo only)

King David

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NaosoX Wow that is so much work you did, thank you so much. :blush:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My brother keeps saying," Women in his story act crazy because women are crazy." That's one way to make sure that the only woman in his life will be the retirement caregiver nurse that has to change his bedpan.
I have uploaded my Pastel Life tileset to MV resources on the forum.
The set is made to be Easy to Edit and absolutely Child Friendly.

The set is far from finished, so there will be updated coming up...
Here is a little preview, though.
Should've seen this coming, but if I wanted players crafting equipment, I should also have a bestiary ready.

C'mon Marx, you played Monster Hunter...!
After a long absence I am back
Sigh gonna have to scrap a big thing for my battle system but that's fine, I can event it all just gonna take more time than I'd like. But that just leaves room for more cosmetic stuff so it's not the worst thing in the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinnam