Random Encounter Events

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

In RPG Maker, you can set up your maps so that the player will randomly encounter enemies. You can choose what enemies will be present on the map, what regions they will be available in, how often they will show up, and so on.

During the game, the player can then explore your maps and randomly encounter enemies.

However, what happens if you wanted to have some more control over the random encounters? What if you wanted to increment some variables depending on what you encountered? Or perhaps give the player a chance to skip the encounter by pressing a certain sequence of buttons in time!

This plugin gives you the tools to apply your eventing knowledge towards random encounters as well.

When the player runs into a random encounter, a common event of your choice will execute, before the battle begins.

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks

Last edited by a moderator:

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome stuff!

wsensor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I could see something like this being used so people could not farm too much in certain areas. Could be used in many different ways.

IE: Killed too many of a specific mob it either dies out or slowly repopulates based on variables.

IE: Killed too many prey animals increases chances to find preditor animals instead (could be a special starved one if done correctly) since you removed the food supply to them.

IE: Specific mob is rare due to another animal pop killing them off. Just hunt that mob instead and don't kill (run) from the limited mob could lead to increasing its population.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I made a small update to the plugin.

The instructions say to use this to cancel an encounter

$gamePlayer.cancelEncounter()But the code I wrote was using the name `clearEncounter`I've updated it to reflect the instructions.

I could see something like this being used so people could not farm too much in certain areas. Could be used in many different ways.

IE: Killed too many of a specific mob it either dies out or slowly repopulates based on variables.

IE: Killed too many prey animals increases chances to find preditor animals instead (could be a special starved one if done correctly) since you removed the food supply to them.

IE: Specific mob is rare due to another animal pop killing them off. Just hunt that mob instead and don't kill (run) from the limited mob could lead to increasing its population.
Hmm, so if I used variables to store the "population" for each area, I could increase or decrease the number of encounters for that given type of enemy.

Which gives me another idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.
The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guangdi