Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
So out of nowhere, MV started acting strange. I've been using it all day so far without issue but now, seemingly random during any "scene" transfer (whether it be going into a menu or loading a new area via door/transfer/etc). Sometimes it crashes and sometimes it doesn't but it's always the same error message as below. I already went through and made sure my plugins were up to date.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

EDIT: I can replicate this by very quickly entering and exiting the main menu over and over until I get the message. Does this just have to do with memory or something?

Attachments

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you screenshot the consol log? when you get the error to narrow down the error you have?
only with that error messege is something that can go into multiple ways.

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
can you screenshot the consol log? when you get the error to narrow down the error you have?
only with that error messege is something that can go into multiple ways.
Is this it? (I dont know why its saying it cant load the "Loading.png" because I have a "Loading.png" in every folder just to be safe)

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loading need to be in the system folder only, in case you made a custom loading page, make sure it's .png and not .PNG
all extension should be lowercase.

From the look on it, you use SRD SuperToolEngine, do you use any draw text image in that tool?
if so, you might made a mistake on it. and how do you run it? through playtesting?

in case they are correct, someone else can narrow down the issue further, but I saw someone before with the same canvas
error as well, but it would be hard to find where on this forum.

can you show the plugin list so we can check if they are in order? (this can sometimes plays a roll, but not all ways if they are correct.

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Loading need to be in the system folder only, in case you made a custom loading page, make sure it's .png and not .PNG
all extension should be lowercase.

From the look on it, you use SRD SuperToolEngine, do you use any draw text image in that tool?
if so, you might made a mistake on it. and how do you run it? through playtesting?

in case they are correct, someone else can narrow down the issue further, but I saw someone before with the same canvas
error as well, but it would be hard to find where on this forum.

can you show the plugin list so we can check if they are in order? (this can sometimes plays a roll, but not all ways if they are correct.
oof. The File Extension WAS in caps. I changed it to lower case and now I don't seem to be getting the issue, atleast, I can't seem to replicate it anymore but it may pop up again.
Any idea why it only started doing this after months of never happening before?

Also the only thing I've ever used SRD for was to change the look of some menus. Never for anything else, really.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sometimes using it can gives those errors, but idk why it just happend after month if you used .PNG,
but I cant recall why now.

if you make changes or customizes tileset, windowskin, loading screen etc etc, make sure its .png in lowercase
to avoid capitical extensions :)

if it happen again, make sure you post the console log error which is more reconizeable where the issue may hide :)
and more to a straight answer you looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamSlither