Random Item Prefixes & Suffixes

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by DreamX, Feb 28, 2016.

1. mobiusclimber

mobiusclimber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For some reason, when I go to the equipment screen, it doesn't show the stat changes. If I'm in the item screen, it will, but not on the equip screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, what is a good way to write a description that will work when it gets randomized. All the prefixes and suffixes will contribute their description text but it mostly just looks like a jumbled mess or a run-on sentence. Any good way to change that? Also also, I'm trying to get font color to work with this but even though I can change the font color, I can't see a way to make it so that, say, if it has both a prefix and a suffix, it's one color, but if it's a prefix only it's another color and if it's a suffix only it's a different color - basically a color coded tier system for the weapons. It seems to just take one color or the other.

[edit: I have fixed the issue with the equipment screen but it seems like AGI, LUK, MHP and MMP aren't working. No idea what I'm doing wrong.]

[
    edit: I need to just copy and paste code for awhile. XD Looks like I messed up the formatting on some of the code. Be careful not to capitalize something that isn't supposed to be capitalized, I guess.]

[
    edit: One good thing though, I've kind of figured out what to do about item descriptions. Apparently, the regular item description goes first, then whatever's on the first line for any of the pre or suffixes, then whatever's on the second line. So long as you keep either pre or suffix on the top line, and the other on the bottom, you can do all kinds of things.]

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. beibs

beibs Warper Member

First Language:
    Portugues
    Hi
    Can someone tell me how I can use the new weapons icons on a window or scene I created?

3. Valancourt

Valancourt Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Can you remove that plus or minus number at the end of each weapon's or armor's name?
    I don't want it say like, Masterwork Longsword of Fire +55, I just want it to say Masterwork Longsword of Fire.

4. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Valancourt Go into the plugin parameters and make this part blank. That should be what you're looking for.

BLANK.png

5. Narch

Narch Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi everyone and @DreamX

I was wondering if there was a way to disable temporarily the plugin to give the player a Stock (default) item.

There's a command to achieve that on the Yanfly Item Core, but I can't get it to work with the prefixes/suffix so I guess it has to do with the DreamX plugin.

I'd dig such an update, or a way to achieve this without having to make a stock item in the database.

Really great plugin anyway, cheers.

6. arekushisu

arekushisu Warper Member

First Language:
    Fran├žais
    I have a problem... I don't know why, every items with a Suffixe that give <prefixSuffixParameters: MHP 1|10> or whateve param gives "Undefined" at the end of the weapon's name... Someone know why ?

And is there a way to give random special parameters ?

Like %cri, %cev, %pha ect...

7. RainbowGrenade

RainbowGrenade Paint Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This plugin is amazing! It really is just what I needed. I do wonder if there's a way to increase/decrease the amount of a base item's effects? Specifically, I'd like to make a base item that is, say, "potion". What I'd like to do is have a prefix like "weak". which will determine the strength of it's suffix, which would be "of health" or "of mana" or whatever. Essentially, I'd like to be able to alter the effect's value regardless of what it is. Whether it's recovering hp or mp, the prefix would adjust it by +/- some%. I'm not sure if it would even work, but I was thinking, it would be kind of a neat thing to be able to do. Even if you disregard the suffix, and just make it so the prefix directly changed the base item, it would be just as useful. I apologize if this is already possible, and I just missed it in the instructions. Either way, thank you so much for providing this plugin to us!

8. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    how does it work exactly? Is there an easy way to test it? Do I just put a simple sword on enemy drop list, and then it'll drop with the prefix/suffixes?

9. huangpeifeng

huangpeifeng Warper Member

Have you solved it? I have the same problem.

10. Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi all and @DreamX, I know you can add augments with a note tag such as this:

<Prefix Suffix Augments>
    Glyph 17-19 50% 20-23 26 50%
    Orb 50-56 25% 7 50%
    </Prefix Suffix Augments>

My question is whether there is a way to add a slot like Glyph or Orb using Prefixes or Suffixes? I would really like to have the functionality to have base items become capable of being augmented items and later imbued with Glyphs, Orbs and other various items.

If anyone knows of a way to accomplish this please message me or post it here. Thank you for your time.

11. Magistar

Magistar Grand Author of Worlds Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I'm getting an odd error that doesn't seem to have an online help for.

This.processESTier2Notetags2 is not a function

Turns out it is a problem with one of yanfly's plugins, though I'm not sure which one. I did find out it's none of the "core" plugins.

Suggestion: allow for item/weapon/armor name coloring via your plugin.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  12. nitriso

nitriso Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Does anyone know how to make the prefixes/suffixes show up in text? For example, the player opens a chest and finds a short sword. It will randomly become a "strong short sword of smiting" via the plugin. How can I display to the player, "You have received a strong short sword of smiting" instead of just "You have received a short sword" when they open the chest? Do I need to somehow save each prefix/suffix into a variable? If so, how? Thank you for your help!

13. Famicon80

Famicon80 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Say I wanted to reference this item's traits elsewhere, how would I reference the new weapon/armor/item created from this plugin? Do I have to cycle through the party's inventory to find it, or is there a simpler way?

14. Leidz

Leidz Villager Member

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, i've spawned a randomised weapon into storage chest with Wayne warehouse Storage chest plugin, when i spawn directly the weapon in the chest , she spawned with just "axe" on name, vanilla weapon without modifier. Seem weapon wait to be in player inventory to be randomised...
    Any way to "pre load" weapon without using the player inventory?:/

15. Jenova

Jenova Because you are...a puppet! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone know if there is a way to change the color of an affix? I only want the affix changed, not the entire weapon name color.

I do know about <Text Color:x> already, but that changes the entire weapon name color. I want JUST the affix.