mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason, when I go to the equipment screen, it doesn't show the stat changes. If I'm in the item screen, it will, but not on the equip screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, what is a good way to write a description that will work when it gets randomized. All the prefixes and suffixes will contribute their description text but it mostly just looks like a jumbled mess or a run-on sentence. Any good way to change that? Also also, I'm trying to get font color to work with this but even though I can change the font color, I can't see a way to make it so that, say, if it has both a prefix and a suffix, it's one color, but if it's a prefix only it's another color and if it's a suffix only it's a different color - basically a color coded tier system for the weapons. It seems to just take one color or the other.

[edit: I have fixed the issue with the equipment screen but it seems like AGI, LUK, MHP and MMP aren't working. No idea what I'm doing wrong.]

[
edit: I need to just copy and paste code for awhile. XD Looks like I messed up the formatting on some of the code. Be careful not to capitalize something that isn't supposed to be capitalized, I guess.]

[
edit: One good thing though, I've kind of figured out what to do about item descriptions. Apparently, the regular item description goes first, then whatever's on the first line for any of the pre or suffixes, then whatever's on the second line. So long as you keep either pre or suffix on the top line, and the other on the bottom, you can do all kinds of things.]

Last edited:

beibs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
Hi
Can someone tell me how I can use the new weapons icons on a window or scene I created?

Valancourt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you remove that plus or minus number at the end of each weapon's or armor's name?
I don't want it say like, Masterwork Longsword of Fire +55, I just want it to say Masterwork Longsword of Fire.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Valancourt Go into the plugin parameters and make this part blank. That should be what you're looking for.

BLANK.png

Narch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone and @DreamX

I was wondering if there was a way to disable temporarily the plugin to give the player a Stock (default) item.

There's a command to achieve that on the Yanfly Item Core, but I can't get it to work with the prefixes/suffix so I guess it has to do with the DreamX plugin.

I'd dig such an update, or a way to achieve this without having to make a stock item in the database.

Really great plugin anyway, cheers.

arekushisu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
I have a problem... I don't know why, every items with a Suffixe that give <prefixSuffixParameters: MHP 1|10> or whateve param gives "Undefined" at the end of the weapon's name... Someone know why ?

And is there a way to give random special parameters ?

Like %cri, %cev, %pha ect...

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is amazing! It really is just what I needed. I do wonder if there's a way to increase/decrease the amount of a base item's effects? Specifically, I'd like to make a base item that is, say, "potion". What I'd like to do is have a prefix like "weak". which will determine the strength of it's suffix, which would be "of health" or "of mana" or whatever. Essentially, I'd like to be able to alter the effect's value regardless of what it is. Whether it's recovering hp or mp, the prefix would adjust it by +/- some%. I'm not sure if it would even work, but I was thinking, it would be kind of a neat thing to be able to do. Even if you disregard the suffix, and just make it so the prefix directly changed the base item, it would be just as useful. I apologize if this is already possible, and I just missed it in the instructions. Either way, thank you so much for providing this plugin to us!

chengsta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how does it work exactly? Is there an easy way to test it? Do I just put a simple sword on enemy drop list, and then it'll drop with the prefix/suffixes?

huangpeifeng

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have a problem... I don't know why, every items with a Suffixe that give <prefixSuffixParameters: MHP 1|10> or whateve param gives "Undefined" at the end of the weapon's name... Someone know why ?

And is there a way to give random special parameters ?

Like %cri, %cev, %pha ect...

Have you solved it? I have the same problem.

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all and @DreamX, I know you can add augments with a note tag such as this:

<Prefix Suffix Augments>
Glyph 17-19 50% 20-23 26 50%
Orb 50-56 25% 7 50%
</Prefix Suffix Augments>

My question is whether there is a way to add a slot like Glyph or Orb using Prefixes or Suffixes? I would really like to have the functionality to have base items become capable of being augmented items and later imbued with Glyphs, Orbs and other various items.

If anyone knows of a way to accomplish this please message me or post it here. Thank you for your time.

Magistar

Grand Author of Worlds
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm getting an odd error that doesn't seem to have an online help for.

This.processESTier2Notetags2 is not a function

Turns out it is a problem with one of yanfly's plugins, though I'm not sure which one. I did find out it's none of the "core" plugins.

Suggestion: allow for item/weapon/armor name coloring via your plugin.

Last edited:

nitriso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know how to make the prefixes/suffixes show up in text? For example, the player opens a chest and finds a short sword. It will randomly become a "strong short sword of smiting" via the plugin. How can I display to the player, "You have received a strong short sword of smiting" instead of just "You have received a short sword" when they open the chest? Do I need to somehow save each prefix/suffix into a variable? If so, how? Thank you for your help!

Famicon80

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Say I wanted to reference this item's traits elsewhere, how would I reference the new weapon/armor/item created from this plugin? Do I have to cycle through the party's inventory to find it, or is there a simpler way?

Leidz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, i've spawned a randomised weapon into storage chest with Wayne warehouse Storage chest plugin, when i spawn directly the weapon in the chest , she spawned with just "axe" on name, vanilla weapon without modifier. Seem weapon wait to be in player inventory to be randomised...
Any way to "pre load" weapon without using the player inventory?:/

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the color of an affix? I only want the affix changed, not the entire weapon name color.

I do know about <Text Color:x> already, but that changes the entire weapon name color. I want JUST the affix.

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So, this is very weird...

I get weapons and armors with more than 1 suffix and prefix... This with the latest version. Does anyone know a possible solution?

I was using version 1.13 prior to getting the new update and it worked, except there was a very rare bug where armors and weapons would show up as 0 quantity and you could not equip them or sell them...

So any help with any of these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:
Nevermind... Just had to put everything in a single line instead of several.

Last edited:

adder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spain
Primarily Uses
Have you solved it? I have the same problem.
I have the same problem as @huangpeifeng and @arekushisu, but something tells me that after such a long time and in view of the absence of @DreamX it will be difficult to solve it.
Does anyone else happen or know where the problem is?
All help will be well received.

Greetings and good day.

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Everyone,

It seems that the pluggin was not updated in a long time but I have a problem with a very basic use of this plugin, I wanted to ask what I am doing wrong.

I created a Augment in my Item list (Item Number 0501) :

<Augment Attach: Bonus>
ATK: +1000%
Price: +100
Cannot Detach
Change Suffix: Strong
</Augment Attach: Bonus>

And a Sword for the test :
<Prefix Suffix Augments>
Bonus 501 100%
</Prefix Suffix Augments>

<Augment Slots>
Bonus
</Augment Slots>

But when I loot the sword in a chest, there are no augments on it. But If I loot the Item 501, I can add it to the weapon manually.
Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you very much and stay safe !

bishiba

Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello!

Loving this plugin, but I am interested in a feature. I have different qualities that can be applied to an item. Each of them will obviously change the weapon/armor's attributes in some way. But atm I am only having static changes. I was hoping there was a plugin I can combine this with, or if I can use some feature that already exists but that I am unaware of that will increase the main items i.e. ATK stat by 20%.

I am thinking of using the preset trait of increase ATK by %, that does apply the % change to the entire actor's ATK value instead of just the items ATK value.

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT(Solved)
Within the plugin in the "Affix Effects" section I found it. I used the information to make below. i am unsure about what the params are but I assume 3 is DEF since 2 is ATK and that 9 therefore is MMP. Correct me if I am wrong though.

The script below will increase all the base parameters by 10%. By setting the var Bonus to 1.1 you can copy paste it into different affix items and then just change one value to change the overall bonus value.

<Prefix Suffix Effect>
var Bonus = 1.1;
newItem.params[2] *= Bonus;
newItem.params[3] *= Bonus;
newItem.params[4] *= Bonus;
newItem.params[5] *= Bonus;
newItem.params[6] *= Bonus;
newItem.params[7] *= Bonus;
newItem.params[8] *= Bonus;
newItem.params[9] *= Bonus;
newItem.price *= Bonus;
</Prefix Suffix Effect>

Best regards,
Bishiba

Last edited:

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to make the prefixes/suffixes show up in text? For example, the player opens a chest and finds a short sword. It will randomly become a "strong short sword of smiting" via the plugin. How can I display to the player, "You have received a strong short sword of smiting" instead of just "You have received a short sword" when they open the chest? Do I need to somehow save each prefix/suffix into a variable? If so, how? Thank you for your help!
So, I've been trying to think of a way to do this. I feel like if the ID of the last item received could be obtained (through script or otherwise), then that ID can be pulled up with a message command if you use Yanfly's Message Core or another plugin with the same function. The only problem is I have no clue how to get that ID. I'll update if I can figure it out.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm seeing my god daughter's school play next week. Being the mild agoraphobe I am this makes me nervous. Thus I had a dream that it was actually a plot by my best friend to take me clubbing at an establishment where it is customary to throw a harpoon at staff members to reward good service.
Praise be to the game make!
I need help on what I should add to this fighter game.
Should I add:
Rain
Sleet
Snow
Leaves
Wind
If you can come up with anything else let me know.
Final day of the kickstarter campaign and my team and I decide to cap it off by doing ... musical numbers online.

These are clearly definitely My People.
6 hours and 35 minutes until it is December first here :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lnaunboq