DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.6: Compatibility with Yanfly's Item Core. Previously, if you had independent items on, items with affix/prefix might be added to the party if one actor in the database (who may not even be in the party) had it as starting equipment. You probably shouldn't be using items with prefix/affix notetags as starting equipment, though.

I made some other changes under the hood and issues with Item Core may not be completely resolved, so I also left in a link to v1.5b just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Hmm weird thing happened after further testing.. a sword with the affixes did the salvage process, but then didn't disappear (= endless salvage). 

Weird is, that other swords worked like they should. I'm using the same pre/suffixes and all were monster drops.

That sword dropped using v1.5b. I saved the game afterwards and updated the plugin but still couldnt salvage it. 

Don't know if the update simply prevents it from dropping at all?

Also dont know how to reproduce that error.. Since then every item worked as supposed

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Awesome plugin! Definitely using this!

However I see a small problem. With all the different attributes you can add to a weapon/armor with this plugin there is no way to show all the stats added in the item info window, so people don't know what the new affixes are actually doing.

I have already requested this in the JS request section but no one has answered, so I thought I would ask you directly. 

Is there a way you could make a plugin or add to this one the ability to somehow show the attributes added to items when looking at them in your inventory?

I hope I was clear :p

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm weird thing happened after further testing.. a sword with the affixes did the salvage process, but then didn't disappear (= endless salvage). 

Weird is, that other swords worked like they should. I'm using the same pre/suffixes and all were monster drops.

That sword dropped using v1.5b. I saved the game afterwards and updated the plugin but still couldnt salvage it. 

Don't know if the update simply prevents it from dropping at all?

Also dont know how to reproduce that error.. Since then every item worked as supposed

It might be something to do with v1.5b. I'll look into it.

However I see a small problem. With all the different attributes you can add to a weapon/armor with this plugin there is no way to show all the stats added in the item info window, so people don't know what the new affixes are actually doing.

I have already requested this in the JS request section but no one has answered, so I thought I would ask you directly. 

Is there a way you could make a plugin or add to this one the ability to somehow show the attributes added to items when looking at them in your inventory?

Right now no, other than directly changing the names of the prefix and affix items to be more descriptive (ie. Speedy (+10 AGI) as a name). But in an update sometime I'll have the prefix and affix items that were used to make the new item saved onto the item data, so that way you could reference it in another plugin. I might try making a plugin for that, but it'd pretty simple like just putting some more information into the item description, because I'm not adept at window plugins yet.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses

Well, I wanted to wait with my answer to see what DreamX gonna say ^^

As I encountered the same issue.

What I do, is implement an item (a book) which - beside others - contains the descriptions of the pre- and suffixxes, so the player could look them up.

Maybe not the best solution, but probably better than nothing :)

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi DreamX :)  Thanks for the reply.

I have a suggestion that may resolve the item info issue using Yanfly's Item Core plugin.

With Yanfly's plugin you can add any text to the info window using note tags. The only problem is that your plugin erases the note tags on newly created items. So is there a way to pass on the note tags from the affixes items into the newly created item instead of erasing them?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I have a suggestion that may resolve the item info issue using Yanfly's Item Core plugin.

With Yanfly's plugin you can add any text to the info window using note tags. The only problem is that your plugin erases the note tags on newly created items. So is there a way to pass on the note tags from the affixes items into the newly created item instead of erasing them?

The latest versions actually do not erase the notes or notetags of an item (besides the affix/prefix notetags from the base item, those are erased so prefixes/affixes aren't applied more than once), but Yanfly's Item Core plugin scans the notes at the start of the game AFAIK, and not in the middle of it. So I have made a function to rescan item core notetags when the new item is made.

v1.7 - Compatible with Yanfly's Item Core notetags.

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Awesome, it's working perfect! Exactly what I need. Now I can put note tags in both prefixes and suffixes and they show up nicely in the info window. Nicely done!

Thanks so much for this amazing plugin... just perfect! And thanks immensely for listening to our requests. You are awesome... THANKS SO MUCH!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.9 - The descriptions of the base item, the prefix item and the affix item are now added together.

v1.8 - Compatibility with Yanfly's Auto Passive States & Buff States Core.

Awesome, it's working perfect! Exactly what I need. Now I can put note tags in both prefixes and suffixes and they show up nicely in the info window. Nicely done!

Thanks so much for this amazing plugin... just perfect! And thanks immensely for listening to our requests. You are awesome... THANKS SO MUCH!

Thanks, no problem. I am happy to help.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So if i buy a item from the shop it will get a random prefix and affix rolled into it but i dont know what it will be so its more like a gambler, any plans on making the items roll beforehand and have the pre and affixes shown in the shop window?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So if i buy a item from the shop it will get a random prefix and affix rolled into it but i dont know what it will be so its more like a gambler, any plans on making the items roll beforehand and have the pre and affixes shown in the shop window?

That is a good idea and something I'd like to do in some form. I should let you know though, unless you want the item to get randomized every time you open the same shop (doesn't seem ideal to me), that this would probably need to involve making shops persistent, which in default Rpg Maker MV they are not. It may require another plugin to truly make things match. If you know of a persistent shop plugin let me know, and maybe I can try something.

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi DreamX :)

Just thought up another idea that may make your plugin even more awesome!

Would it be possible to include an "item rarity #"  note tag to go along with the affixes so when an item is created affixes with the lowest rarity have a greater chance of being chosen over ones with higher rarity?

For example in my game I have created "normal, magic, rare, epic and legendary" items which are created based on affixes, but as it stands now, each rarity has the same chance unless I add copies of a same affix ID to make one weight more than another which makes for incredibly long note tags.

I hope I made myself clear?

Again thanks so much for your time and your great plugin!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.10 - Fixed an issue where you could not equip prefix/affix items from a previous save, if you were using Yanfly's Item Core. Very important to update!

Hi DreamX :)

Just thought up another idea that may make your plugin even more awesome!

Would it be possible to include an "item rarity #"  note tag to go along with the affixes so when an item is created affixes with the lowest rarity have a greater chance of being chosen over ones with higher rarity?

For example in my game I have created "normal, magic, rare, epic and legendary" items which are created based on affixes, but as it stands now, each rarity has the same chance unless I add copies of a same affix ID to make one weight more than another which makes for incredibly long note tags.

I hope I made myself clear?

Again thanks so much for your time and your great plugin!

No problem, that's a good idea and I'll work on it.

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Awesome :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure if this if possible as i haven't really looked through much code outside the combat stuff but is there a way to like read the notes data from the prefix and affix and add them to the base weapon during creation if you could this could open up a lot of compatibility and make it so if you had lets say other plugins that added traits to items via note-tags you could use them with this and get even more interesting effects on your gear.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure if this if possible as i haven't really looked through much code outside the combat stuff but is there a way to like read the notes data from the prefix and affix and add them to the base weapon during creation if you could this could open up a lot of compatibility and make it so if you had lets say other plugins that added traits to items via note-tags you could use them with this and get even more interesting effects on your gear.

What do you mean by adding them to the base item? I do add the notes and notetags from the prefix, base, and affix items to the new item that is made from them. The base item in the database is not altered.

In regards to compatibility with notes and notetags, it depends how the other plugins read the note data. Yanfly's plugins seem to read notes on load-up. So I had to make a compatibility patch for Yanfly's Item Core, because this plugin creates items mid-game and adds them to the save file.

If a plugin loads the notes or notetags dynamically mid-game, then my plugin should probably be compatible without needing to do anything extra.

So I would suggest trying this plugin with others and letting me know if you find something incompatible, then I can make a patch to make it compatible. Other than that I don't believe I can do anything, because I don't have control over other plugins.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
how about YEP.Life Steal

Could you make it add the life steal trait to the weapon if i put the note-tag in the on the prefix?

oh and Element Booster

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am pretty sure they should work. The way DreamX has made his plugin, now the note tags from both the prefix and suffix are added to the created item so they should work. This is how I'm making the item info to get displayed using Yanfly's Item core's note tags for text.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.11 -
Compatibility
Now compatible with all Yanfly plugin notes/notetags as of 3/19/16.

Percent Chances
Use <prefixAffixChance:x> with x being the percent chance of getting that prefix or affix.
Example: <prefixAffixChance:25> for a 25% chance.

Every prefix/affix with the same percentage gets added to the same percentage pool.

A random number between 1 and 100 will be generated and the lowest percentage pool that the random number is less than or equal to will be chosen.

For example, if the pools are 10%, 20% and 30% and the random number was 15, you get a prefix/affix from the pool with percentage 20%.

If you get over the highest percentage, you will get one of the prefixes/affixes from the highest percentage pool. Having a combined percentage (total of all chances for all prefix/affix choices for a base item) of 100 is recommended but not required.

If none of the prefix or affix items for the base item have a chance notetag, then the item will be randomly chosen as normal with each prefix or affix having an equal probability.

If at least one but not all of the prefix/affix items for the base item has a chance notetag, then the prefix/affixes that don't have a percent notetag will be assigned the default chance specified in the parameter for this plugin.
-
Error Handling
If you use the wrong notetags for the prefix/affix (like IDs that don't exist), the player simply doesn't get an item instead of the game crashing.

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Wow! This was quick!

Thanks for all your hard work. Can't wait to try it out!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digimon