Thinking of what to do next
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks awesome! 

Are there plans to combine this with a crafting system (Yanfly's Item Synthesis or Vlue's Crafting, etc.)? I really would like to be able to have players choose to craft a Sword of Fire or of Ice based on recipes and ingredients rather than being randomly chosen.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1.12 - Fixed bug with Yanfly plugin note parsing.

This looks awesome! 

Are there plans to combine this with a crafting system (Yanfly's Item Synthesis or Vlue's Crafting, etc.)? I really would like to be able to have players choose to craft a Sword of Fire or of Ice based on recipes and ingredients rather than being randomly chosen.

I'll work on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 The only reason im still using Item core is to get the random variance on equipment, if you could make it so i can use a note tag like <ATK:30%> in a base item, and now that item could now spawn with somewhere between +30% ATK or -30% ATK that would rock and lower my plugin count.

Also thanks for all the effort you are putting in your updating at a fairly brisk pace hopefully your having fun with it and not burning yourself out. XD

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Today I updated the plugin from 1.7 to 1.12 after the affixes were different in the aftermath window than on the actual item.

However, since then I encounter a new problem :(

Everytime an Item with affixes is being dropped, this error message appears :x

chaos.png

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Today I updated the plugin from 1.7 to 1.12 after the affixes were different in the aftermath window than on the actual item.

However, since then I encounter a new problem :(

Everytime an Item with affixes is being dropped, this error message appears :x

Try the latest version, 1.12a and let me know if it fixes it for you.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Hi! Ty, no more error.

The other problem, however, still exists.

While Aftermath shows "Sapphire Sword of the Imp", In inventory it's a "Heavy Sword of Piercing" 

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edit: v1.13a - Also fixes drops when you're not using Yanfly's Victory Aftermath.

Hi! Ty, no more error.

The other problem, however, still exists.

While Aftermath shows "Sapphire Sword of the Imp", In inventory it's a "Heavy Sword of Piercing" 

v1.13 - Fix drops mismatching what is displayed in the battle result.

The only reason im still using Item core is to get the random variance on equipment, if you could make it so i can use a note tag like <ATK:30%> in a base item, and now that item could now spawn with somewhere between +30% ATK or -30% ATK that would rock and lower my plugin count.

Also thanks for all the effort you are putting in your updating at a fairly brisk pace hopefully your having fun with it and not burning yourself out. XD

Sure, I'll work on this.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Working perfect again. Ty so much for providing those fixes so fast!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.14 - Fixes an issue with unequippable armors when loading a save.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm so Yanfly item core plus your plugin makes saves unload-able somehow, something isn't saving properly took a few attempt to reproduce i just spawned some items equipped them fought a battle saved and tried to reload and couldn't.

Also Yanfly equip core in combination with this plugin sometimes returns an cannot find the etype of undefined error when reloading a save.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm so Yanfly item core plus your plugin makes saves unload-able somehow, something isn't saving properly took a few attempt to reproduce i just spawned some items equipped them fought a battle saved and tried to reload and couldn't.

Also Yanfly equip core in combination with this plugin sometimes returns an cannot find the etype of undefined error when reloading a save.

I'm not able to reproduce this error.

Are you using the latest version?

Are you trying to load a save after having changed other plugins?

Is this plugin underneath all Yanfly plugins? That's important.

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is exactly what I am looking for, but I can't seem to get it to work. I put in the example, <prefix:2,4,8,12,26> <affix:7,2> in the sword notes, but it only produces the item in the screenshot instead of the fiery sword.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize you had to put the prefixes and affixes in as separate items. Is there a way to make it so you can get a random bonus amount from a set value of a parameter defined in the item? EX: Fiery Sword of Might + 10-20, Fiery Sword of Magic + 5-10. Also, any chance of making a future extension to make this script work in shops, so that you purchase random equipment?

Anyways, great script!

rpg maker mv screenshot.jpg

watermark

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi DreamX, so far your plugin's working great in my game! I do have 2 suggestions though:

1. Right now there is no good way to find out what I got out of a treasure chest. There should be a message tag that works with Yanfly's message system to show items acquired. E.g. /dxw[0] will show the first weapon generated with icon.

2. A <level x, y> tag for prefix/affix's that requires the average level of the party to be between levels x and y before the prefix/affix will be included in the pool. Use Case: Level 1~3 parties should only get 'Crude Sword' with no enchantments while Level 10~12 parties will get 'Masterwork Sword of Fire'. To do this right now I must make multiple copies of the base item 'Sword' with different settings and combine it with other game variables. Doable, but messy. And a nightmare when you need to change a parameter with lots of base items. If you can implement the level tag, I can just have one copy of the base item and not have to worry about characters getting under or overpowered copies.

hopefully these can be implemented. Thanks!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to make it so you can get a random bonus amount from a set value of a parameter defined in the item? EX: Fiery Sword of Might + 10-20, Fiery Sword of Magic + 5-10.

v1.15 -

Adds random parameter bonuses.
* Here is an example of how to add random bonus parameter values. Put this in
* a prefix or affix item.
* <prefixAffixParameters: ATK 5|10 DEF -10|20>
* We put the name of the parameter first, then the range of possible values.
* The first number (5 for ATK or -10 for DEF in this example) must be equal to
* or less than the second number (10 for ATK or 20 for DEF in this example).
* Here are the parameter names: MHP, MMP, ATK, DEF, MAT, MDF, AGI, LUK
* If you want to guarantee a certain value, it is better to just use the
* database.
* For the plugin parameter "Bonus Parameter Text", here are the text codes:
* %1 - The + sign if the bonus is positive.
* %2 - The highest value of the random parameter bonuses applied on the item.
* Can be negative.

Also, any chance of making a future extension to make this script work in shops, so that you purchase random equipment?

Anyways, great script!

I'd like to do the shop thing, but I've kind of been waiting for @Tsukihime's shop plugin to get released. The way I assume people who want the random items in the shop is, you check back in a store every so often and there's different randomly generated items. This requires some sort of persistence. Otherwise, you could just open the shop over and over again in just a few seconds and get different items every time. I could probably whip a small persistence script easily enough in the meantime just for the random items, but it's likely to be rendered obsolete by a bigger, more comprehensive shop plugin.

That said, if there's actually another persistent shop script out there that people are already using, I missed seeing that and I could just make a compatibility patch for that instead.

Richard John S

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX Thanks for pointing it out, I missed that. Also, It seems I'm using v1.14. It's been a long night lol! That would be great if items randomly regenerated after a certain amount of time for shops, I'm thinking Might and Magic. I'm down for waiting for the the shop plugin. Thanks again, man. Keep up the good work!

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
1. Right now there is no good way to find out what I got out of a treasure chest. There should be a message tag that works with Yanfly's message system to show items acquired. E.g. /dxw[0] will show the first weapon generated with icon.

You could just use an item popup plugin and delete the message :)  

I am using this one for example: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-treasure-hud/

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi DreamX, so far your plugin's working great in my game! I do have 2 suggestions though:

I'll put that on my todo list. Try Henryetha's suggestion though, if you think it fits your game.

2. A <level x, y> tag for prefix/affix's that requires the average level of the party to be between levels x and y before the prefix/affix will be included in the pool. Use Case: Level 1~3 parties should only get 'Crude Sword' with no enchantments while Level 10~12 parties will get 'Masterwork Sword of Fire'. To do this right now I must make multiple copies of the base item 'Sword' with different settings and combine it with other game variables. Doable, but messy. And a nightmare when you need to change a parameter with lots of base items. If you can implement the level tag, I can just have one copy of the base item and not have to worry about characters getting under or overpowered copies.

hopefully these can be implemented. Thanks!

v1.16 - Adds custom requirement notetag. Uses javascript. Since I used a snippet of code one of Yanfly's plugins, you must also credit them if you aren't already.

* Here's an example of how to add a custom requirement to a prefix or affix
* item. You'll need a bit of javascript knowledge.
* <Prefix Affix Requirement>
* $gameSwitches.value(1);
* </Prefix Affix Requirement>
* This will require that switch 1 is on.
* Here's an another example using a function provided by this plugin.
* <Prefix Affix Requirement>
* DreamX.RandomPrefixAffix.averagePartyLevel() > 5 && DreamX.RandomPrefixAffix.averagePartyLevel() < 10;
* </Prefix Affix Requirement>
* In this example, the requirement is that the average party level is above 5
* but below 10.
* Another function provided by this program is
* DreamX.RandomPrefixAffix.averagePartyBattleMemberLevel
* It returns the average level of all of the battle members in the party,
* instead of the whole party. You can use this function the same way as above.
* If you're having trouble with javascript, I recommend either asking in the
* thread for this plugin or somewhere else in the javascript section, or google
* it, etc.

@DreamX Thanks for pointing it out, I missed that. Also, It seems I'm using v1.14. It's been a long night lol! That would be great if items randomly regenerated after a certain amount of time for shops, I'm thinking Might and Magic. I'm down for waiting for the the shop plugin. Thanks again, man. Keep up the good work!

Ah, you didn't actually miss it, I made the update after you posted. No problem and thanks.

Richard John S

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX Alright, I got all working nicely. Luvin this so much. I did my own scripts with random loot and special bonuses for VX and ACE but I just don't know how to do Java... So, this is like the king of scripts IMO. Just one more quick request. This one might be a little tricky. Would it be possible to add a + to price per point of parameter that is added. Right now when you sell say a sword of might + 10 vs a sword of might + 30 it is the same price. This might work well with the status affects too: sword of poison 30% vs sword of poison 80%. Would it also be possible to make it so we can put in a range of ids instead of separate ids like <1-19, 22-35, 44-60, etc>.

Again, good job on this! :D

watermark

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX Wow that was lightning fast! Didn't expect a fix that soon. It's working perfectly, thank you!

@Henryetha Thanks for introducing me to the Mog stuff! I didn't know there were so many amazing plugins.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DreamX Alright, I got all working nicely. Luvin this so much. I did my own scripts with random loot and special bonuses for VX and ACE but I just don't know how to do Java... So, this is like the king of scripts IMO. Just one more quick request. This one might be a little tricky. Would it be possible to add a + to price per point of parameter that is added. Right now when you sell say a sword of might + 10 vs a sword of might + 30 it is the same price. This might work well with the status affects too: sword of poison 30% vs sword of poison 80%. Would it also be possible to make it so we can put in a range of ids instead of separate ids like <1-19, 22-35, 44-60, etc>.

Again, good job on this! :D

1.7 - You can now add item ranges instead of having to do them one by one.
Like this: 5-10
In that example, item ids 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 will be added to the pool.

You can now apply a custom js effect from a prefix/affix item.

* Here's an example of how to add a custom effect to the new item from the prefix/affix item.
* You'll need to know some javascript.
* <Prefix Affix Effect>
* var atkBonus = Math.floor((Math.random() * 100) + 50);
* newItem.params[2] += atkBonus;
* newItem.name += " +" + atkBonus;
* newItem.price += atkBonus;
* </Prefix Affix Effect>
* In this example, we are applying a random ATK bonus between 50 and 150 to
* the new item and also adding that bonus to the name of the new item. In
* additon, we also add to the price the ATK bonus.
* Here are the variables provided to you by plugin for these effects:
* item - the prefix/affix item the effect is taken from.
* baseItem - the baseItem.
* newItem = the new item to be created.

I'm actually considering axing the specific bonus parameter notetag because this seems like a more elegant and versatile solution. The bonus parameters can be done with simple javascript. I'm interested in what you think, though.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dankim633