Random map encounters instead of battles?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Owellow, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Owellow

Owellow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there any way to set up a system similar to random battle encounters where after so many steps (or time or whatever) the player is teleported to a different map? When they walk off that map they are teleported back to where they were.

I would like to get specific with it and designate where they go based on the map tile they were standing on.

Think fallout 1 and 2 world map encounters.

So basically instead of a battle, they end up at a, let’s say, small map with a little caravan. When they leave that map, they’re back where they were on the world map. Next time it might be something else, one of like 50 pre made random maps.

It would be nice to have random battle encounters run alongside as well. I have some ideas, but what do you guys think is the most efficient way to do all this?

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You could run a parallel process event in the overworld which checks stepcount, or checks if player is moving and have your own stepcount etx

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    tsukihime has a plugin that allows you to run a common event at random encounters, and you can decide to have the random accounter or not in it. You can use this with a fake troop to set up the encounter tables, and if the common event gets one of the fake ids it redirects the encounter, otherwise the fight is on as usual.

4. Owellow

Owellow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is the resort if something cooler isn't discovered. Thanks! :)

5. Owellow

Owellow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was wondering if that plugin could accomplish this. I must have not looked deep enough. Thank you.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if I remember correctly you need to give a command to abort the combat sequence or something like that, and that is listed near the bottom of the plugins help or description. I know it is possible because I specifically looked for a way to have the common event chose between aborting or continuing the fight (in my case it was supposed to be for cancelling fights against too weak enemies to prevent the player from being battle-spammed.
    But I don't remember the exact way I found in the plugin

Owellow likes this.
  7. Owellow

Owellow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok sweet thanks I'll poke around with it soon. Much appreciated!