shininblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Does anyone know what i may be doing wrong in this scenario.

Im using Whtdragon seagull sprite set at a random movement around the map and its functioning properly like any other sprite
set to random movement. but it's animation often moves backwards in the same motion.

So to simplify what im saying, the seagul moves well randomly and turns by itself well but here and there it flies backwards when it changes it's direction, sort of like moving backwards 1 space while facing the same direction.

Is the sprite made like that? or is there a way i can fix this?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This needs to be moved to a Support forum, but you need to tell us what engine you are using first.

Please also attach a screenshot of your event so we can see the move route you have set up..

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does anyone know what i may be doing wrong in this scenario.

Im using Whtdragon seagull sprite set at a random movement around the map and its functioning properly like any other sprite
set to random movement. but it's animation often moves backwards in the same motion.

So to simplify what im saying, the seagul moves well randomly and turns by itself well but here and there it flies backwards when it changes it's direction, sort of like moving backwards 1 space while facing the same direction.

Is the sprite made like that? or is there a way i can fix this?
Ah, I see the problem. WhtDragon's had an off day and arranged the seagull sprites in the wrong order. It happens sometimes. The order should be 3 pointing down, then 3 going left under it, 3 going right under that, and 3 going up. The left and right are in the right place, but the seagull here goes up when it should go down and vice versa. It can be fixed quickly, I'll see if I can edit it on Gimp.

WhtDragonSeagullsNew.png

That should do the job. My Gimping skills aren't great, so the alignment might still be a little off, but the seagull ought to fly in the right directions now.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Should probably also let @whtdragon know, if you didn't already, so a fixed version might get posted :biggrin:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

though maybe it's more a resource thing than anything wrong with the event itself by the sounds of it. Until the OP comes back and provides an update, it's hard to tell.

shininblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Thanks so much lol, i kinda had that feeling because the way the animation was moving was irregular sprite pattern, i used his other bird sprites which worked pefectly, but now i can use the seagull too :)
Ah, I see the problem. WhtDragon's had an off day and arranged the seagull sprites in the wrong order. It happens sometimes. The order should be 3 pointing down, then 3 going left under it, 3 going right under that, and 3 going up. The left and right are in the right place, but the seagull here goes up when it should go down and vice versa. It can be fixed quickly, I'll see if I can edit it on Gimp.

View attachment 202362

That should do the job. My Gimping skills aren't great, so the alignment might still be a little off, but the seagull ought to fly in the right directions now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?
No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
umememe