RhuneEmbah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,
I have this idea but have no idea how to implement it. In my game day and night have different enemies depending on whether its night or day, animals and human enemies during the day and monsters at night, but what i want is a system where when you enter into a battle against a monster there is a random chance that you'll come up against a mutated version of a regular monster (different skills, health, mp and different appearance.). I know that there is a great community here and i know someone out there can help me implement this. I don't know if I explained this very well but I can give you more info if you need it.

Thanks everyone.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You might be able to use Yanfly's Swap Enemies plugin for this: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/17/yep-45-swap-enemies/

Alternatively you could have a troop event with Condition: Turn 0 and Span: Battle (i.e. run once per battle, before the first turn) to randomly transform an existing enemy or make a hidden one appear, e.g.
Code:
◆Control Variables:#0001 random variable = Random 1..5
◆If:random variable = 1
  ◆Comment:1/5 chance to encounter mutant in place of enemy #1!
  ◆Enemy Transform:#1 Monster, Mutant Monster
  ◆
:End
Turn 0 happens after the "Monster emerged!" message, though, so this may not be ideal. :kaoswt:

RhuneEmbah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Caethyril thanks for the reply ill definetly try your idea about the troop event see how it feels and if its not what im looking for i'll try yanfly's plugin and see if that is better. Very helpful thanks.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Firefox pointed me to a little inspiration: https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/writers-maps

So, I shared. :D
To be released 2021/10/21
Now that I made this "What the MZ RTP is missing" spreadsheet it's itching me to fill some the gaps D:
Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...
I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majinludde