mididragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What if you started as a random character, having the ability to obtain super rare characters or normal one's

so..., the idea is for: party members, bosses and, maybe even the story to be chosen randomly.

maybe your first play through

your a legendary hero bent on taking down a dragon king who's trying to destroy the world

or you get to be the dragon king trying to destroy the world.

Maybe your a man who does everything he can to save his wife.

the possibilities could be endless,

and the adventure could be breath taking.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This sounds like it's inspired by the Roguelike play mechanic.  The core parts of this mechanic are:

- Death is always permanent (there is 1 save file only, to make it harder)

- Dungeons and items are randomly generated

- Character is randomly rolled (player has more control in later Roguelikes but still the base character is rolled randomly)

Either that or it's sort of like a human-based Pokemon game "Gotta collect 'em all"

Personally, it wouldn't be my thing.  I like a more story focused RPG, and when you have a lot of randomization, it's much, much harder to make an actual story out of it.  Sure you can have an end goal, but the rest of the game won't, well, flow towards that goal.

mididragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
i see what you mean lol

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.
Bendyizzt wrote on staggqueen's profile.
Hello Newcomer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarcezPedro