Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckyprimo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a problem with a certain room. So, whenever I try loading up the game and going into that particular room the tiles automatically switch between like 4 different sets of tiles not only that all events and my characters are frozen and can't do anything while the room is flashing different tiles. Is there any way I can fix this or what is causing this problem. Thank you for your help.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
do you have any custom scripts in your game?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With your character frozen, it sounds like you have an autorun event on that map that isn't finishing. And it sounds like you're using some kind of tile swapping script, and that the autorun event is telling it to swap between them.

Luckyprimo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
here's the thing though I haven't touched the scripting at all since working on the game. Just adding events really, it could be an auto run event though I'm going to go check. 

Luckyprimo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was able to figure out the problem though. It turned out I put the tiles in the animation section which made it change into different tiles. I really don't know what the A section is used for really so if anybody would be willing t point me in the right direction it would be really appreciated.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, that makes sense. TileA1 is used for animated autotiles, it's usually used for water and/or lava.

Please put tiles in their appropriate slot corresponding to their name (TileA1, TileA3, TileB etc.).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, the A tiles are almost all autotiles (apart from A5). They're the GROUND tiles and will replace anything currently on the map. The B-E tiles go on top of them.

Take a look at the default tilesets to see what goes where in the A tiles. Each one behaves differently when you map with it, so while the B-E tiles are interchangeable, the A tiles are not, and they MUST go in the correct slots.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Also, please don't double post. Just edit your last comment instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just graduated from high school yesterday!
I accidently wipe out my entire hdd...
Hey everyone, I'm going to do winners announcement post for the OCCIII after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.
3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpMePleaseAAAA