totalwarANGEL

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello there! :ehappy:

After lurking around here, I've decided to post something.
I am working on a game for quit some time and maybe never finish it *lol*. While developing I wrote some plugins for myself. This one here is the first I thought maybe someone else could need that.

I searched the forum but found nothing with "random" in the title so I think there isn't anything like that out there. But man's bound to make mistakes so I am sorry if I overlooked someone.

As you can tell from the headline, I wrote a plugin for random treasures.
Link: Random Treasures

Terms of Use:
1. You are free to use this however you please. You don't even have to credit me because there is propably something better out there. ;)

In short: You can define up to 5 levels of rarity for items, armors and weapons and put those "treasures" in the respective lists. Each higher level is less likely to be selected (a propability of 1/2n+1 to be precise). If you don't want rarity just put everything in the first list. Addidionaly random money can be put into the chest. The command will also take care of displaying an configurable information message about what has been found.

You can make use of the plugin commands in chests (or anywhere else plugins can be called).
See the comments in the file for more information.
The plugin should be compatible to everything because it doesn't overwrite anything. It just adds.

If you like it, you're welcome. If not... also ok for me.

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One point of correction on compatibility: due to the different ways of handling plugin commands, the ones in this plugin wont work in MV.

totalwarANGEL

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
One point of correction on compatibility: due to the different ways of handling plugin commands, the ones in this plugin wont work in MV.
Thank you. I will change that in the description.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished v0.1 of FOSSIL. It's a plugin that lets you use MV plugins in MZ without editing them by making them use new functions.

I have about 40 plugins tested and working so far (including chrono engine and some other big ones). I hope that the community will pitch in and help improve it, so we can use all the old plugins in MZ. :)
I really lack discipline and find myself far too often giving into or at least seriously considering the temptation to start a new project rather than following through on a WIP that's no longer a shiny and new idea.

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for making themselves follow through with things instead of doing this? Like that actually work?
I'm starting the "Switches lesson" on Learn MV today, what would you like to learn about them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galbador