Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This little problem of mine is over my head. I've tried to find other forums that discuss the matter, and though they have shed insight, it has not solved my problem. I am attempting to set up an item in my game that is called 'Coin Pouch.' It is tied to a common event that is supposed to randomly determine how much money is in the coin pouch. It randomly determines it just fine. And adding it to my gold is no problem. The problem is I am using Yanfly's 'More Currencies' plugin for Silver and Copper in addition to Gold. In trying to add the random silver/copper variables to the variable that keeps track of the total Silver and Copper, it doesn't work.

Not sure if this is required but here's the link for Yanfly's More Currencies: http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/22/yep-060-more-currencies/

And a screen shot of what I have set up so far:

Coin purse.PNG

GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're messing with your party currency pool by doing that.

change it:
" \i[314]s = random silver
random silver += \i[314]s "

for it:
"\i[314]s += random silver".

Do the same for copper.

Last edited:

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This little problem of mine is over my head. I've tried to find other forums that discuss the matter, and though they have shed insight, it has not solved my problem. I am attempting to set up an item in my game that is called 'Coin Pouch.' It is tied to a common event that is supposed to randomly determine how much money is in the coin pouch. It randomly determines it just fine. And adding it to my gold is no problem. The problem is I am using Yanfly's 'More Currencies' plugin for Silver and Copper in addition to Gold. In trying to add the random silver/copper variables to the variable that keeps track of the total Silver and Copper, it doesn't work.

Not sure if this is required but here's the link for Yanfly's More Currencies: http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/22/yep-060-more-currencies/

And a screen shot of what I have set up so far:

View attachment 86613

It should be #20 = random 0...20
#15 += #20
Text: Party gain \V[20] Silver

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
GuanyuMaker and Isabella Ava thank you both so much for your speedy replies! GuanyuMaker, I got the pouches working using your suggestion! Thank you! They are adding together quite nicely and not overriding each other, like I feared. In regards to messing with the party gold pool, I'm going to have to do more testing to find out how badly it is. I am trying to simulate random loot when searching through objects like barrels, boxes, cupboards, etc. With this proof of concept down, I can start refining it. So again, thank you both so much!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jekken