[Rant] youtube's removal of dislikes will seriously hurt the Tutorial Community (2ND UPDATE)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Censorship at its finest. Doesn't surprise me coming from Google.

GodCiunas

The Idea Guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To be honest i dont think it matters much. There is a large variety of human hatred removing a button wont change it only how it is expressed and usually the comment section is almost already chalked full of it even on videos that are correct and easy to follow. Reasoning. Human iq varies and belief ect. Ppl believe and follow what they want. You can tell a person dont walk in 2 traffic or they could die. Still ppl do it everyday. U could fix there computer they go home download crap break it and u get a bad review because theres no way they did anything wrong.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Apparently, some huge giant family friendly movie making company with themeparks started to be miffed at rotten tomatoes and reactions to its trailers on YouTube to the trailers of every IP they wasted. So the theory is that instead of getting ratioed, they invested money to... well shut up the dislikes and then, everyone is shutted-up! :|

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Isn't there an option to use emojis in your comment, including the "Thumbs Down" one? That's what I'd do.

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think really, in light of the circumstances, the only reasonable, responsible course of action is to skip directly to the part where we buy and delete the whole damn internet. WHO'S WITH ME!?

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a chrome extention called "Return YouTube Dislike" and it brings back the dislike count since it was never outright removed, just hidden from public view.

Also I recommend this video from EmpLemon on this subject:

48Tentacles

Entertainment and Escapism Consigliere
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Short update: say goodbye to the API to get info about dislikes. The devs completely closed it so this means you cannot get any accurate info about dislikes. Even if you choose to use the extension the closest thing you will get are archived dislikes.

Party's over.

Last edited:

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Removing dislikes from youtube is mostly commercial, regardless of what I'm about to say or anything anyone else wants to say. Dislikes hurt ticket and product sales, and everyone in tech and hollywood rub shoulders. And aside from this sentence, I'll avoid talking about the political associations, which also exist.

Yeah sometimes a lot of people come together to dislike something. It can seem sucky to the people responsible for making the thing. But you know what? That really and truly is a lot of people who dislike the content and are merely giving that feedback. The claim of brigading or whatnot is fairly nonsense. It might seem daunting to get 1 mil dislikes to a few hundred likes, but that really is just feedback.

At this point, "hate" is practically a meaningless term on the internet. It can mean a blade of grass tickled someone's foot the wrong way, and of course that means that a certain set of people will regard that blade of grass as a bigot of some type. I know this because I am always the one who is defending points of view of groups from the ire of other groups, even in times where I disagree with the view I'm defending. I seek to understand people more than categorize them. It's not the easy path, so few people take it. I've been called a lot of things for explaining the reasoning of something someone else has already decided is (or was told to think is) unreasonable.

Removing the information altogether is the product of a child's mind. 'You won't play the game I want to play, so I'm taking my toys away!' It's mostly confirmation for me that most people my age and younger rarely ever mature into adulthood.

Ultimately, Youtube needs viable competition, and that has less to do with people using those platforms and more to do with people not using Youtube. Frankly, I don't see that happening. People are too lazy to change habits or deviate from convenience, which is also the reason why Amazon will continue to destroy small businesses, consumer moderation, and craft.

Wow, this thread got me ranting too!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.
Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishm