yomaniac

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am trying to make a mechanic where the player needs to rapidly press a key on the keyboard to continue the game, if they fail then it's game over. Anyone know how to do this?

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure. With a loop, input button, variable play and maybe show picture it can simply be done.
Give me a minute...

EDIT : There are two mostly used type of mashing button QTE.
- The simple type is to satisfy the mashing quota. ex : Reach 10 tap in 2 second. Fail if times run out.
- The struggle type is to struggle for certain duration. ex : Keep tapping button for 10 second. Fail if you stop for 0.5 second.

This one is the basic event for the simple type.
event.PNG

Note that I put script Input.isTriggered('ok') as the condition to avoid player holding the button.

* Including animated pic may involve the use of second page event.
* Including the use of bar may involve the use of plugin.

Last edited:

yomaniac

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't get it. What button would I press and how would I put a message that tells you to rapidly press the button?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!.
Just read the forum rules just for kicks and rule 14 reminds me of this:
150.jpg
I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC based success/fail (modified by player skill). Before, it required a certain flat amount you had to meet, but with rolls, it offers more freedom. For instance, you can repeatedly try to unlock a door instead of just not meeting the requirement to unlock it.
Since we get very close: If you want to enjoy the advent calendar as it is intended, wait til your date and the day in the URL line up, so you have the final day on actual christmas and not the day before... time zones ;3
1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SauloRPGMaker