Rarely closing MZ when opening a file selection window.

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Sometimes RPG Maker MZ will close when you open the file selection window. Whether it's a character for an event or a tileset.
I can’t catch the reason, because it happens chaotically. RPG Maker MZ just closes without any errors and naturally does not save what you did in the project.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MZ Support. Thank you.

I suspect this is actually related to something else, e.g. anti-malware or OS security feature. Since it is not reproducible I think you will get better responses here.

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
[move]RPG Maker MZ Support[/move]I suspect this is actually related to something else, e.g. anti-malware or OS security feature. Since it is not reproducible I think you will get better responses here.
Do you know how much fuss it takes to disable the standard antivirus in Windows 10. And I don't install third-party antiviruses. Standard antivirus with standard settings.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you know how much fuss it takes to disable the standard antivirus in Windows 10. And I don't install third-party antiviruses. Standard antivirus with standard settings.
Windows has many security features besides antivirus: restricted folders (e.g. Program Files), Ransomware Protection (e.g. Documents), Data Execution Prevention (DEP), etc. It could also be a background application interfering, e.g. an automatic file-sync system. It might even be something like a registry glitch or a rare hardware fault, in which case a system restart may help.

For diagnosis/reporting, maybe try this (quote source):
Please attempt to obtain an error report from the event viewer by following these steps.
  1. Type event viewer in the search bar in the bottom left corner of your desktop. (Win 10)
  2. Open the event viewer and start MZ.
  3. Attempt to replicate the crash/lag you're experiencing.
  4. Check to see if any errors pop up.
You can either post the results here, or if you prefer, you can submit a ticket to support here with the crash report:
https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/contact-us
Or maybe someone else has had a similar issue and will have some advice~

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Windows has many security features besides antivirus: restricted folders (e.g. Program Files), Ransomware Protection (e.g. Documents), Data Execution Prevention (DEP), etc. It could also be a background application interfering, e.g. an automatic file-sync system. It might even be something like a registry glitch or a rare hardware fault, in which case a system restart may help.

For diagnosis/reporting, maybe try this (quote source):

Or maybe someone else has had a similar issue and will have some advice~
Similarly, another person has such a problem. I have RPG Maker MZ installed on Steam. Naturally, this is the Program Files folder. And the project itself is located in a separate folder not associated with Program Files or any other system folder. I repeat that the problem is not permanent. Appears occasionally. RPG Maker MZ freezes for a split second and then just closes. It is when you open the Character or Tileset selection window.

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have exactly the same problem. Steam is installed in c\games. The error is very rare. I don't have any antiviruses, except for the built-in one.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trashcanislandd