Rate Each Game out of 5!

Discussion in '2014 Indie Game Maker Contest' started by C-C-C-Cashmere (old), Jul 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mesonyx

Mesonyx That Guy Who Made That One Thing Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the review!

And I absolutely agree with your critiques (and so have several other people) -- slow starting pace, linear levels and the annoying removal of dashing.

All three of these were implemented due to time constraints (dashing caused a weird bug with stealth that I didn't have time solve) and will be rectified in the final version -- exploration, for example, was cut to ensure judges got through the entire game with time to spare.

As far as the slow intro -- do you think additional chase sequences in each nightmare would adequately liven things up?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  2. Ralpf

Ralpf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I never submitted a review for your game did I.....Anyway no point in repeating what everyone else has said, and it has been a few weeks since I played it, so it's just gonna be a mini-review.

The pacing was slow at the beginning, but once the game proper started it was very enjoyable. The story was a little bleak, and normally I can't stand that (not one for unhappy stories in general, unhappy moments are fine but generally unhappy stories don't work for me normally) but it was well enough done that I enjoyed it. On the bold point you made I think that would be helpful.

I would like to see a little more backstory, there is a lot of story there that is just hinted upon, I think the game could be expanded. 4/5 Best game I have played from the contest simply on the merits of it's story, could be great with better gameplay.

3. nhubi

nhubi Title goes here Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    I can't see it hurting, but as with all things use it in moderation

No problem, not everyone is going to like everything, it'd be a boring world if they did. Yes my biggest issues is lack of characterisation in both front and back story. I don't feel like I got beyond, this is a party of high level out to defeat the bosses in regard to who they were at the moment and I didn't get much in regard to how and why they became those people. Perhaps I was expecting too much, it was only an hour game after all, and it didn't fit with the central concept as outlined.