Rate Each Game out of 5!

Discussion in '2014 Indie Game Maker Contest' started by C-C-C-Cashmere (old), Jul 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Natoril

Natoril Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Here goes my first reviews ever. They're probably a bit short. Sorry.

Okay, so I spent the last 2 hours on Tower of 1000(?) Floors.

It's like Children of Mana. I think it's awesome. Like, a 4.5/5 or something. Yes, it has some minor bugs (like the bosses changing sprite on touch. And whenever I flee, the enemy-party gains 1 member before it disappears. Stuff like that.) but overall I enjoyed spending my two hours with the game. And I didn't even make it to floor 10, but that's probably my fault.

You are a... guy who has to clear the floors of the tower from demons by doing various things. Sometimes you have to make it to the door in less than 100 Steps, sometimes you have to lighten all the candles, sometimes you have to defeat all the enemies or a boss. The floors are randomly generated. By clearing the floors you gain money, but also stones and wood. With the stones and wood you can go back to the outpost and build houses like an inn to heal up, a blacksmith to buy weapons, a church to recruit an Acolyte (He can heal. That's useful. Trust me.). I think this game is very reccomendable and very underrated.

Another game I played yesterday was Listen.

The Story about living and dying is nicely done. It's not as epic as "To the Moon", but you wouldn't expect that, right? The story can be split in 3 parts, and in each part you get to solve a puzzle. They can be tricky, but I guess if they weren't tricky I'd be bored. I think what stands out most about this game ist the atmosphere. They put a lot of work into that and it surely pays off. If you're all in for a sad story, great atmosphere and some puzzles, this is worth a shot. It's just a pitty that it seemed rather short, but that's due to the 1h rule... So, I'd give it a 4/5.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  2. Tenchizard

Tenchizard Veteran Veteran

Thanks for the info. I guess you really put a lot of thought into your combats then, which is really nice. It's just that sometimes what seems like an obvious strategy to you,  is hard to come by for the players, and that's why I mentioned it in the review. But I really love knowing those insider bits of mechanics, because there's always room for improvement!

3. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Definitely, I agree! Before the release I had some folks test the game and things that seemed obvious to me (such as jumping up to climb the first railing) were something where a lot got stuck, so I had to place arrows etc. Live & learn. ^_^ I would've loved to add some kind of Beastiary to the game with a list of the enemy's skills and requirements, or maybe an optional menu during battles that shows the enemy's possible actions. But, well, only one month to make a game... Ha.

And actually I was designing the battle system with a longer game in mind where you fight the same enemy a couple of times, giving you time to learn their skills and adjust your strategy, but obviously that doesn't work for a 1-hour game, hence the replay incentive I added.

Giving Soul Echoes a download now! Exciting! :D

Reviewing while playing: Soul Echoes

This music reminds me of a famous classical piece but I can't name it... Something about morning something. I like that there's a Credits on the title screen, but a bit awkward I have to select just Escape to go back.

Ooh, a custom face graphic? At least I haven't seen this one before. I really hate that background graphic, though. It's used so much. Do people realize it was just a Photoshop cloud render with differently colored layers put on top of each other? Ah well.

Lol, I'm Game Over by selecting 'no'! Interesting choice. So this game will make me game over if I select the wrong choices? Hopefully there's an Autosave in there.

"Sigmund Freud, analyze this, analyze this!"

Wow, that's a lot of equipment and characters right off the bat. Not going to bother with that for now. Worldmap's a bit empty. And I can't stand that I have to keep holding Shift to run, but I can't blame the game for that as it's a VX (Ace?) standard.

This graveyard's very colorful. Maybe a fog would've helped and a desaturation, unless it's supposed to be colorful, in which case okay.

Lightning beats fire? Interesting, slightly illogical choice of elemental weaknesses but perhaps done to limit the amount of elements.

Woah, random battle. Ooh, the skeletons are elemental. I like that.

Aaand that's a lot of skills right off the bat as well. Would've liked to see the enemy's HP. Also wasn't I supposed to be able to switch character during battles? I don't see that option anywhere.

So far a pretty generic story of the undead rising.

Aaaand 2 of my characters are dead with 1 having 90 HP left. What the? Followed by an even larger boss battle? Oooh, you have to scroll left to "Party" to switch characters. Should've been pointed out. Gosh, just too many skills and characters. I feel like I should spend 10 minutes just going through all of them to see what I should use. I have no item to revive my dead characters... Oh great, pressing right skips my character's turn. That makes sense. Now 2 are dead again. Oh great, the enemies can revive each other. Do I have anyone left to switch to?

Also some spelling errors e.g. "Dispel your enemies enhacing magic."

And I'm dead. That was short-lived... errr.

2/5

​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downloading Morendah: Search of the Cure (?).

Reviewing while playing: Morendah: Search for a Cure*

Huge download. Better be showing in the game! Oh great, it comes with an installation. It's a contest game; it could've done without one, so I don't have to go through the motions of uninstalling it afterwards.

Hmm, no intro music. A bit of awkward mapping. Punctuation errors. The little kid's sprite went to a different location for a split second. Oh hey, I recognize that face graphic. ;)

What's up with the *name* thing used in the message box? Bit confusing. Name should've been put in a separate box. As it is, it looks like it says:

"Grandpa and his doctor had an idea on how to find that cure..."

instead of: "Grandpa said: 'and his doctor had an idea on how to find that cure...'".

Oh, a face graphic from Beyond Reality. So it's an RTP thing. Alright. Text is cut off on the right occasionally. 

Oooh, I love the ship "map" coordination thing, but I have no idea what I'm doing as the controls weren't explained to me. I can't seem to land anywhere. :'D Oh I see, I'm forced to land on Sang-something-something. 

God, can someone please make an auto-running script for everyone with VX (Ace?) to use? Thank you.

What am I supposed to be doing again? I'm in a forest now. Oh right, collect some random items. Forgot that part as a lot of random terminology was thrown at me. Oh Frick nooo! Random encounters. Personal bias against those, they're so annoying if I'm not already emotionally involved with the story.

Standard attack animations are a bit long. Omg 5 battles already. I'm just trying to get to the bloody flower across the river! ...6. ...7.  Oh, hey, a spider. At the flower! Oh for God's sake, I needed to buy the scythe from the shop. I can't go through another 14 battles going back and forth to get this flower. Quit.

2/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reviewing while playing: Rozen

Spent 5 minutes running around talking to random NPCs to find a search party. Then I got stuck in the house next to a nerdy girl in glasses because the house's exit takes you back upstairs and you can't leave.

1/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reviewing while playing: Dust to Dust

Oh my God that title screen. I'm in love. Mysterious introduction text and great music.

Original graphics! Yes! Lol, the music resets. Bug. I'm walking on top of the NPCs. If intentional, it still looks weird. And the walking animation is hilariously bad. Still, appreciate the original graphics. Someone is with me but I'm not seeing him/her.

Nice, a custom menu system. Ring CMS, right?

Ooooh, I'm a little girl. And I'm carrying a toddler on my back. I thought that was a backpack.

Very interesting, unique story. I just read through the "Encyclopedia" to learn more. I don't even do that in The Elder Scrolls. Haha, love the dialogue and the fact that switching characters changes it. Very good.

A bit confused about Rakota's gender. The name sounds female and he/she just complimented a guy on his/her appearance, but he/she seems to be a guy? 

Unique battle system. Let's see how she plays. Selecting targets is very sloppy because they're by name instead of sprite. When they all 3 look the same but the names are different, it doesn't help. The "bonus damage" target system seems to be flawed. I couldn't get 1 proper hit in, they all missed.

Aaand Rakota's a guy, cool.

I love this game! Although it's getting a bit slow while trying to get money. Plus I heard about that after I spent all my money in the shop, which ain't that smart. Going to finish it later because I have to drive to Germany, but finally a game that I really love so far. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    Tenchizard likes this.
  4. Tenchizard

Thanks for taking the time to play my game ^_^. Now I can explain the reason after some of our design choices:

First of all, there's no autosave... because that's something I didn't even know that could be done. There are some conscious choices the player can take during the game, and they affect the route you take. So I didn't feel like handing everything out for the player continually. 

Sorry for the lack of messages about changing the party. It was so obvious to me that I didn't even think that it would be hard for some people to discover. Also, our testers found out about that directly, so we didn't even consider it needed fixing. Now that we have submitted it, there's been a couple of people telling us of it, so we'll fix it for sure, so thanks again for the feedback. There are already 3 tutorial messages to help the player the first time around... and they are all optional. I'll just be sure to add that info.

Lastly, It's a pity you found the combat too difficult (or glitchy) for your tastes, but I can assure you that you didn't even see what the plot of the story is. It starts generic and direct so the player knows where to go first... but that's it. The combat has been designed to be challenging from the start, but I didn't want to make a gigantic tutorial to show the player what to do every turn. I prefer to think that the game is made for people who enjoy finding good tactics with all the elements given to them.

Oh, and thanks a lot for the tips about the cemetery and the graphics. I'll take that into consideration for other projects :)

5. Diego2112

Diego2112 The Gaming Gamer Who Games Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Pretty much had no choice on the RTP and whatnot.  Sorry that I have no talent, skill, or contacts for art, so pretty much have to use what DLC and RTP I have.  I'll bear in mind in the future not to bother without using original graphics (so don't expect much more out of me-I do not art.  I cannot art.  I suck at art, and I have very few friends who have the time or skill to art for me.  As to COMMISSIONS, I have no money.  Oh well.).  Sorry, I did warn people of spelling and grammatical errors.  Never been my strong suit-never has been, never will be, rather unfortunately.  I don't grasp some of the rules and whatnot.  

The title screen has music.  Not sure what's going on there.  Plays on my computer, my wife's, my parents, and everyone else that I tested it on as well.  /shrugs

I'm also not great with scripts, so have NO idea how to make names appear above text boxes-I don't know if the actual program can do that as is-was learning as I went along.  If I had longer to fool with it, maybe.

As to the scythe, there's one in a chest for them what actually explore, but hey, I suppose exploration in an hour long game is minimal at best.

In summation, I pretty much figured it would suck, but I did what I could with what (limited) skill and time I had.  My hope was that it would be alright, but I reckon that was a foolish one at best.

Sorry to disappoint.

Between this review, and the way the whole "People's Choice" thing has gone so far, may just go ahead and say hell with it, throw in the towel.

6. Makio-Kuta

Makio-Kuta Canadian Goose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I haven't got around to playing your game yet, so I can't comment on it specifically but nah dude, you're looking at this wrong. It's possible to make lovely things with the RTP. A lot of people turn the stink eye towards it because it gets bad rep being used in a lot of nub-games, but it's not inherently bad. It can be used bad, it can be used well. Learning to use it well when it is all you have access to is key.

The idea that you need to have access to an artist just to make something good is bull. Do you have an art program that supports layers? Using the RTP well can be something as simple as stacking available elements together in new and interesting ways. Or colour edits, small things that even those with no real art backgrounds can learn to do. Don't give up just because you aren't an artist or don't have one at your beck and call.

Art was not always an element in gaming. Text based games, ASCII art games - these are where games stem from. I still enjoy playing these sorts of things from time to time, and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

If art is not your strong point, find what is and play it up! Learn do to the basics so you can get seen without being slapped with the 'oh this is RTP' label, but work more on improving your own strengths and gain attention through them.

Venka and Galenmereth like this.
  7. kartersaint

kartersaint Ornate Brain Veteran

First Language:
    English?
    Being worried about the game would be full of RTP?

Don't worry. Put extremely well-drawn illustrations at EACH CHARACTER. Make the storyline that NOBODY MAY THINK IT BEFORE. Put PERFECT SCRIPTS THAT AROUND 70+ TO THE GAME.

If the game gratifies all these demands, then I bet the game can beat all games and Enterbrain will be proud of your work. 

8. Makio-Kuta

Makio-Kuta Canadian Goose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You forgot one key thing in there, kartersaint. Gameplay. You need gameplay so hypnotizing that the players NEVER WANT TO STOP.

All I want to say is - having a weakness in one area, should not be enough to make you swear off game making. :)

But I digress, this is a bit off topic.

Indrah likes this.
  9. Tenchizard

Ok, after seeing your post I decided to download and play your game, so I could give you a review.

And being fair... it is not the best game out there, but it is YOUR game, and if it's finished, you've done a great job. So don't be sorry for disappointing, and learn as much as you can from it. 

But now, a little more detailed review:

So you used RTP's and all those typical tilesets... I don't care. They have nice graphics and they can be used creatively. The problem is that you should have tried to keep coherence. The main character face is too different from the rest of the party, for example. Or even from his game sprite. Couldn't you have done the rest of the party in the same style? That would have been a nice touch (even if the NPCs were all RTP ones, they'd be different at least).

Then, about the galaxy map: why limit the player to that star path? The ship doesn't really follow it, I guess that because of the size of the tiles, and it gets a bit awkward. I think that if there were no star path it would be a bit better.

And for the planets themselves... I landed on the sunflower one, and I must recognize your tile choice may not have been the best. The trees have a lot of black space in them that contrasts too much with the rest of the map. I know tileset have these problems... but maybe you could have done something else. 

And finally... combats. They are bland. Using level 1 characters in a 1-hour game is boring. Fighting every 10 steps is horrible, because you just pick your hardest hitting party members and smash the accept key until they're gone :p And if you get to the flower (and I knew I had to get that scythe because of what I read up there), and then you don't know how the hell to get out of the planet... it's discouraging :/ And that's where I stopped playing.

Story was not really drawing me in... maybe not my thing :/ or maybe you should work on your writing skills and try telling the story in another way to make it much more interesting. Say something about the characters. Don't get too deep in the cliches. Or go the other way around and embrace them fully and over the top. Your choice.

So, as I said... your game may not be the best. But that shouldn't stop you! You can do better ones!

EDIT: oh, and I haven't forgotten what I said of reviewing Sunken Spire! But it's too big a game and there's more I need to play until I can review it properly :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  10. kartersaint

kartersaint Ornate Brain Veteran

First Language:
    English?
    Yeah, the thread is about Rate the games out of 5 (Seeing less than this number lol). But this is a kinda off topic. So I won't continue. 

11. Cabygon

Cabygon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Again >_> going to post this here(with some modifications because of the nature of this thread) just to make sure you read it Xeno.

I think it's also something people as developers potential or not should probably keep in mind.

The way I see it is, there are people out there who like your game. Seeing you say such things about it now, would make them pretty sad don't cha think?

All these people here are taking the time out of their busy day to play each others games, taking the time to give each other reviews, constructive or lack there of, the thought counts. They tried the game. The game peaked their interest enough to give it a shot. So take the critique and maybe improve on what you've got or keep the lesson in mind for the next game if you go on to make one. That's what this thread is all about. It's a sharing of opinions and information that can be helpful.

Think about why you made the game in the first place. In the end if it's going to be a fuddyduddy contest in terms of votes so be it. But at least theres people playing our games and enjoying them (though there will be people who hate them too) and that's enough for me. The vote glitch that hit you so badly today could easily hit one of the rest of us tomorrow. In the end, it's the judges final decision we ought to look forward to ^^ not some popularity spam contest. Honestly the hooha that's been going on has been a lil disgusting leading to desperate people spamming other peoples games with their own games(as if they had absolutely no faith in what they took the time to create why create it at all) as well turning comments into a convoluted mess. >_>

So hang in there. Don't let your fans down. Have some pride in being a developer, it's not an easy path, but it's a rewarding one when you know you've made one person's day brighter with a game you made.

Sorry went a little off topic with this, but felt it had to be said.

12. Tenchizard

I just posted a big review on their post, but I'll write a mini review here for Sunken Spire, as promised:

Beautiful graphics and good sound and music, the overall presentation of the game is great. It's very well written, with good characters and exposition, and an interesting story. 

Combat is ok, but it gets repetitive soon after getting to the Spire that names the game. It has kept me playing for almost 2 hours, so it's not that much boring... but could have been better.

I think the best part of the game are how well defined are the characters. Even not knowing them from their original games, bot Elsa and Alma are interesting, each with her own personality. And being an RPG, it's nice that you got that so well.

So, I'll give you a 4/5. A very good job :)

Fomar0153 likes this.
  13. Werebunny

Werebunny Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Now... everybody deserves an opinion, and certainly it is within your rights to check out instantly after the very first bug you find especially with all the games... but seriously here, there are two tiles to leave the house, and the bug is only on one tile (which is why it got missed). Yes, I know that it should still be fixed. But it would have taken you 5 seconds to walk back down and try the other tile before instantly concluding you're permanently stuck, then giving it a 1. That's just my two cents on your two cents, maybe you didn't think of trying the other tile, I don't know, maybe you just didn't care for the atmosphere and looked for a first out, but it's pretty apparent you didn't even give it a good try.

We fixed it in the no-rtp version of our game.

14. Volrath

Volrath Knight in Sour Armor Degica

First Language:
    English
    I know everyone's jumping on this, but I want to add 2 cents because I've been there. I envy people with enough talent to produce quality art themselves. ArtBane and I are always relying on other people to pull this off. But we didn't start off with connections, not many people do.

I doubt anyone remembers this, but the very first demo of Master of the Wind that we put out in 2005 had NO battlers for the main characters. Not RTP (since none of those even slightly resembled the characters) just nothing. Boxes with their names on them. But we still did it because we were having fun putting the game together. About a year after that, ArtBane got to be friends with Enkur (IRL) and we had an artist. After that, it was a matter of just being visible in the community for a long time. Every other artist who has helped us on MotW, Labyrinthine Dreams, X-Noir or World Remade is someone we've met on the internet. I think the major reason they were willing to contribute is that we developed a reputation for finishing things, regardless of the art situation. People know their time won't be wasted. So deciding not to work at all until you have all the art you want is the opposite of what you should be doing. Finish stuff with what you have, make it good and over time, it will be easier to coordinate some art assistance. I know it's hurtful when people dismiss all your work just because of an aspect that you have little control over, but you gotta build up a body of work anyways. People notice that stuff...eventually.

15. Zorax87

Zorax87 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    A pixel-hunt, even if it's just one of two tiles, can be incredibly frustrating to people. Especially when you graphically appear to be right. When you're playing a game from a list that is likely to have a lot of games with game-breaking glitches, it's quite easy for someone to jump to conclusions without testing all other pixels. However, I've not played Rozen yet so I'll have to wait until I do before giving further comment.

16. Ralpf

Ralpf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would like to weigh in too, I have played a bit of your game, I haven't had to time to finish it yet, I landed on the first planet found the 500 (currency, don't remember what you used) went back to town, bought some more stuff, went back in got the scythe in the box (I think it would have been very helpful to have an NPC somewhere that mentioned you would need the scythe, would save potential frustration) at that point I had to leave. I would say that he was definitely right when he said your standard attack animations were over long, but that is easily fixable. On the RTP, I see that as a non issue, I would avoid that horrid forest tile (This guy has a better version), but everything else in the RTP is good and it comes down to how you use it.

I plan on getting back to your game and giving it a proper review, but I wouldn't get discouraged. 30 days is a very short time to make a game, I have played 5-6 of them, one was very good, the rest were simply good attempts, and that is to be expected with the deadline.

Also if you feel you have some skills but not enough to put together a good game (and only you can answer that question), then find some people around here that have the skills you lack and try to work together on something, game devolopment is rarely a solo affair.

17. dinkledaberry

dinkledaberry Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Olde Englishe
    Just played Little Briar Rose.

Holy crap I love the art. The stained-glass effect worked very well and gave the game it's own feel. A wonderful way to use the VX Ace engine as an adventure game format. I was really impressed! Only cons I can think of are a lack of sound effects and too much backtracking (although that's pretty much a problem many adventure games face). A very rewarding experience. 4/5

That's all I had time for today though. Working OT at my job today. Sigh...

18. Tommy Gun

Tommy Gun ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    There already is! Yanfly's system options lets you turn on "dash" by default, and the player can switch it on or off. I use it in my game, and have it set to dash by default. Perhaps you'd like to try it? :)

19. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Added another 10 games to the list.

Beyond Reality – Hotfirelegend

Buntoki - Csg

Charon’s Sabbath – Synonysis

Clad Generation – LuckyCassette

Crimson Story – teamcrimson

Darkness of Hope – rondchild

Densetsu no Kusoge - Ratty524

Dictionary – endriu

Disaster on Aero VI - MobiusXVI

Earth Under Attack - Dekita

Eden – aspirestudios

20. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Got a few more reviews to add to my ever-growing list.

Firstly, here are the old ones from the previous post:

I've tried out a number of games already. Although I've tried many of these prior to the final submission, this is something I'm going to keep in mind in the scores, so I won't base these on the minor bugs which would've been fixed in the final version, but more on whether the game captivated my interest and kept me engaged, how good the atmosphere was, how well the visuals and music worked together, how fun the game mechanics were, and so on. I'm also basing the score on the game's current state and content, so I can't base it on what the game can potentially be in the future, though I might update the reviews if I get to try the future revisions of the game.

I'm posting honest reviews here. Just to note in advance, I do not want to slam any game or to discourage any developers. Instead I hope this feedback proves useful. These are just short reviews. The longer ones I've left on the respective game threads.

Goblin Noir - A great idea to play as a character who isn't human but in a non-fantasy setting so to speak. So far the game doesn't have all that much content, but the idea seems very promising and I really loved the verbal battle system. 4/5 though the score could get higher as more of the game is made.

Ashworth - A well-executed atmosphere and a healthy number of jump scares are ought to make you jump out of your seat and to feel uneasy by the time you've completed the game. Although the horror element is lost a bit in late stages when there are lots of battles with the monsters, the game still keeps you playing to the end to find out what's going on all along. If you like horror and/or PVGames art style, you should check this out. 4/5

Egbert - I don't think there's a thread on this game here, but I came across this on RMN and the idea of playing as a vampire's son seemed rather interesting. The game's visuals give a great atmosphere to its gothic setting whilst the story is kept mostly lighthearted. Admittedly I haven't managed to get to the end of this due to being stuck in one of the dungeons, but from what I've played so far it's not bad and worth a try. 3/5

Jungle Rescue - I really liked the setting of this game and the concept. The stealth aspects of the game are done pretty well, though there have been a lot of times where I simply had to close the game and start over from a previous save due to failing not to be seen so many times, and fighting enemies directly is usually very undesirable. I admit I got frustrated a few times, but maybe because I am bad at stealth games. Those who do like stealth games might enjoy this more. 3/5

Disaster on Aero VI - The idea of being aboard a spaceship was pretty much what got me to try the game. The puzzle mechanics are done really well and there's a lot of technical knowledge involved, which clearly shows the developer has done the research, but my main gripe is that the game often feels confusing and unrewarding. Getting things right never really brought forth any reward. I think this game can be made good with some updates and some players might really dig this, but it's not so much for me. 2.5/5

Beyond Reality - First of, it must be very hard to come up with an entire story that will fit in an hour and plays like an RPG, but this game does this very successfully. Though it doesn't necessarily excel at any aspect, it's a nice game that doesn't really have any gameplay issues and introduces some interesting characters in the process. Some of the pacing could use some work, and the dialogue was a little strange at times, though it seems to me anime lovers might be more into a game like this where dialogue is kept to a less serious tone. I'd say this game is worth a try. 3.5/5

Vultures - A rather fun arena hack and slash with a really beautiful art style. At the moment there isn't all that much to this game, but with future updates this could be very promising. 3.5/5

Aesparia: The Fallen - This game really blew me away. It managed to be strong in every aspect - an incredibly fun battle system that requires strategy, brilliant level design with nice visuals, and fantastic music choices. The game builds up to a climax at the end really well, and aside from a script error (which has now been fixed) there haven't been any problems with it at all. I don't see there being much point to reserve a 5 star rating for some unattainable idea of perfection, so I shall give this game a full 5/5.

Earth Under Attack - A side-scroller space shooter created in RPG maker VX Ace? Sounds unbelievable, but it's true. This game really does shine with its fun gameplay mechanics, a nice art style, and a crazy (yet doable) level of challenge. I think this game has a potential to score higher and to be one of the best entries, though at the moment it has a number of bugs, one of which prevents the players from getting past a certain point in the game, and so I'll have to keep the score fair and to give it a 4/5 as it is in the current state.
    And here are the new ones:

It Lurks - Atmospheric and well-executed. Although it's a horror game, it's more about simply solving the case and fighting occasional battles. The battles are pretty fun and require strategy, and the story is nicely concluded for this chapter whilst at the same time leaving the audience with a hint of more to come. 4/5

Sunken Spire - Based on the 2.5 hours of it that I've played, the game has a brilliant presentation with great character art and mapping, as well as very catchy music. The characters are developed well and are fun to follow. The whole experience is only brought down by way too frequent random battles, most of which can't be escaped, and a somewhat lacking battle system that tends to feel repetitive from time to time. 4/5

Crimson Story - This game easily has one of the best-looking art styles in this contest, painting everything in a beautiful combination of red, black, and white. The gameplay itself is an average 3rd person hack and slash, and although limited, does deliver some fun. There's definitely potential here. The game just requires some polish. 3.5/5

Once again, the longer reviews are on the game topics themselves. Might also make updates to some of the previous reviews now that some of those games have been updated.