RMVXA Rave Heart (Demo available!)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Starmage, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi guys!! Here's another update on the demo for Rave Heart!

Changes:

- Most arena enemies have been dramatically nerfed.

- Fixed some more tile-set bugs that I missed at some comfort rooms.

- Fixed a bug where the shuttle will sometimes appear as a car in one of the maps in the demo.

- Fixed an unpassable tile found at Dorado.

- A few more story continuation from previous version.

Also, some screeny for you guys:

Poor Veronica, forced to marry the crazy Star-Raiders' leader. Veronica has no say in this cause she was intentionally muted. xD (And yes, that's a wedding in a dance club.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Jayje likes this.
  2. Imadeanaccountjuattoaskthi

Imadeanaccountjuattoaskthi The In Between Veteran

Can't believe I'm saying this but you're updating your game too fast! It hasn't been 1 months since the 4.0 update, slow down so we don't have to download a brand new game every 5 seconds. About the game itself, great premise, cool characters, but I'm not feeling them. They lack a certain "je ne sais quoi"to make them feel more human; unique.

Starmage likes this.
  3. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi @Imadeanaccountjuattoaskthi ! Thanks so much for checking out the game, and I'm glad to hear your feedback! ^_^ Well, haha, I promised myself version 4.5 will be my last update for a long while! xDD :) And also, I understand that you may not feel for the characters yet, as I'm still doing my best to improve their character arcs and development as the game goes on! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the matter!! ^_^ :) Hope not to disappoint when the game is finished! ;)

EDIT:

Here are some new wonderful LPs done by Nikorasu and Chibievil for the latest demo! (Version 4.5). Do check 'em out guys!! ^_^ :)

Jayje likes this.
  4. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello everyone! Just had the honor of @Dutch Power Creations and @Studio Blue giving amazingly detailed and helpful feedback for Rave Heart demo 4.5 in their LPs, check 'em out guys! ^_^

Jayje and starlight dream like this.
  5. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Thank you for the mention and glad I could help :)

starlight dream and Starmage like this.
  6. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Of course, Dutch! ^_^ I am very thankful to receive such great help from you for the game's development! ^_^ :)

starlight dream likes this.
  7. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Currently working on the Kunian Planet: Vismel's wildlife!! XD :) Hopefully Chad can keep up with their culture in this planet xDD

[​IMG]

Stay tuned, as demo version 5.0 is coming soon! ;) It will have a huge overhaul for the prologue's writing, as well as many significant changes, and more story content! ^_^

Jayje likes this.
  8. cradth

cradth :) Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Love the characters! and hey, the maps are pretty neat. I like it.
    Surely I'll give the demo a shot. :)

Starmage likes this.
  9. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello @cradth ! Thanks so much for your kind words! ^_^ :) And I hope you'll enjoy the demo once you try it!! ^_^ :D

cradth likes this.
  10. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    *downloading the file atm*
    I'll spend tonight relaxing and playing your game demo. :) I'll let you know what i think once I finished it. :D

Starmage likes this.
  11. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That's awesome, cradth!! ^_^ XDD Yay!! Take your time with the game, cradth! :D Enjoy! ^_^

12. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It was a fun ride. I like Klein's character, and the battles are really quite well balanced so far.
    Melee for robot-type, and telekinesis attack for creatures blend so good into the fight. I mean,
    you need to learn the basic fundamental and apply them in the fight or the characters might suffer.
    My poor Klein has 1/4 HP left on the second fight.XD The maps also are pretty neat! I love it!

Starmage likes this.
  13. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @cradth - Thank you so much for playing the game and for your kind words! ^_^ :) I'm so glad you enjoyed the battles!! :D Haha, yep! The battle system is fairly simple, but it is designed to be fast-paced and engaging with how you make your choices! ^_^ :) It's also a good timing because I'm now ready for a new version of the demo!! :D

Hello everyone!! I am very pleased to present to you all a very big update along with the downloadable new demo: Version 5.0! :)

There have been tons of changes and improvements from the previous, as seen in the changelog. All of this isn't possible without the help and kindness of everyone who gave their support, wonderful feedback, suggestions and criticisms! :) They are always a huge help to my development of this game! :) So thank you, thank you, thank you soooo much for everyone who gave their honest feedback as well as their support! This goes out to all the people who LP'd and reviewed my game! ^_^ And of course, people who shared their support and comments of the game is so much appreciated! :D

Now, without further ado;

[​IMG]

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/q3kr9y2brlc3vs5/Rave_Heart_Demo_5.0.rar/file

Version 5.0 changes:

- Shuttle's sprites have been reverted back to the Space cars.

- Fixed a few typos and grammatical errors.

- Healing items' recovery power has been slightly increased.

- Victory music has been changed.

- Klein's "Kinetics" has been renamed to "Psionics".

- Ellemine's skill "Alter" has been renamed to "Conversion". Icon has also been changed.

- Intro Area has been improved with an added little exploration, dialogue reworks, and some lootable chests.

- Prologue's story and narrative regarding Ellemine's Psi-Exams have been reworked completely in respect to the image of sovereignty.

- Going near the Rave Palace waterfalls will now play some sound effects.

- All music in the game that are .mp3 files have been converted to .ogg files.

- 1 hour of additional gameplay/story content.

Hope you all enjoy!! ^_^

Jayje and cradth like this.
  14. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!! Here's Toasty's amazing and very helpful First impression video for Rave Heart's recent demo version; 5.0! ^_^ :) Check him out guys, and I hope you enjoy! ^_^

Jayje likes this.
  15. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi all! I know I've been gone and haven't been posting some news about my development of this game as of late! But no worries, I do not intend to stop! ^_^

I was busy with some real life stuff, and I'm also currently working on a collab project with @BerryB on the RMN Twisted Fairy Tale Event here: https://rpgmaker.net/events/halloween18/ . I'm also very excited to share with you guys this collab project soon as we wil be releasing the game either this Oct. 29 or 30. :) Then I can start working on Rave Heart once again. xD :)

Rave Heart is currently on private beta test phase, and I have wonderful and trusted people playing the private beta right now. :) If you wish to give me the honor of being one of my private beta testers, please do not hesitate to ask! ^_^ With that said, I will no longer be uploading Public demos for download. :)

For now, here's a little screenie sneak peak of what's to come! XD
    [​IMG]

atoms and Jayje like this.
  16. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love your story and character designs/background. Scifi is one of my favorites genres and I like all the different alien races that are blended in this. Looking forward to playing the demo! :)

Starmage likes this.
  17. onipunk

onipunk Archmage of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Liking the look of this a lot, I very rarely see sci-fi RPG Maker games I like but I'm really into what you've done here. If I was to suggest one thing, maybe change the name of the Aryans? As a word used in our real world it's loaded with history and very specific connotations and none of them are good.

Starmage likes this.
  18. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @JAD94 - Thank you so much for the kind words! ^_^ I'm glad you liked the alien races! I love sci-fi too! I hope you'll enjoy the demo! XD :)

@onipunk - Hi onipunk! Thank you so much for checking out the game and for your support! ^_^ I also appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding the usage of the term "Aryan". :) It's already been discussed quite a lot already in the discord servers, and you weren't the first who shared concern regarding the term's usage of this game. But this will be helpful, as this gives me the opportunity to address this concern on this thread, should other people share the same concern as you. :D With that said, I decided to keep the term for reasons I'll reveal below. :)

I'll quote/copy-pasta my response here from another concerned citizen back in RMN if you do not mind! ^_^ :)

Thanks so much for bringing that up! As this gives me an opportunity to answer this concern here in my page for other people who are curious with the usage of the term. In the very decision that I used the term "Aryan", I actually was referencing the real life alien species "Pleiadians" Since their alternate name was also "Aryan" as seen here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alleged_extraterrestrial_beings

I drew inspiration from the Pleiadians as an alien race for their peaceful and loving nature, as well as their very spiritual and technologically advanced traits.

It was only until this was heavily discusses on the Discord servers, when one of the members (Drass) kindly notified me of the negative connotations of the term. I was heavily shocked, since I never knew that until then. X( After heavy research and discussions with the members of discord, I came to a final decision, that I will continue using the term "Aryan".

My reasoning was:

1. I do not want to give in to the Nazis reality that they own the term or that they think it is the perfect race that humans should become.

2. The Nazis no longer have power over anyone in this world, for, they are long gone and their horrors buried with them.

3. I wish to recover the honor of the term, wherein it was used as an alternate term for the "Pleiadians", an alien race that was far from the evil Nazis in the first place. I read a lot of books about the alien races when I was a child, this is why it is a heavy influence on me and the development of this game.

In the end, I will still take part of my responsibility in making a disclaimer that no terms are used as a means of offending nor looking down on anyone of a specific group or ethnicity. :)

In addition with that, the word "Aryan" also had indo-iranian origins, which was far from the evil movement of the Nazis. ;)

Hope this helps clear things up, onipunk! :D Thanks so much once again! ^_^

JAD94 likes this.
  19. Kokoro Hane

Kokoro Hane Overly Ambitious Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Whoa, whoa, whoa....

You will be making a commercial game? And it looks this fabulous? I am also loving the sci-fi setting and the list of races, it seems very enriched. When I get the time, I'm going to have to play the demo! ^^

Starmage likes this.
  20. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Klein means small in Dutch, just so you know lol
    Other then that it's looking good! :)

Starmage likes this.