知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there,

I'm wondering how I would go about implementing a cancel option in Yanfly's Save Core plugin to replace the delete option as I don't want to have a delete option there. I currently have Hime's pre-title events plugin and their save sync plugin which is great but there's an issue when I save in-game, return to the title screen, and if/when I choose to delete a save file it does so but I'm able to still access the save menu from continue which I don't want; instead, I'd like the message to show "no saved file data found". This doesn't happen to be an issue if there is no save file data, just when there is saved data and the player chooses to delete their save file for whatever reason.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's wrong with the solution I provided you in the other thread to remove the Delete option? You already have a cancel option via the Escape button - is there some reason you specifically need to have the word on the screen the user can scroll to and select?

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like for the delete command in the save menu to be replaced with 'cancel' since there'll be an empty space there where 'delete' is if we remove it. I know the player can just press a button to go back but I'd also like to have 'cancel' shown where 'delete' is once it's removed.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ask only because it requires writing some amount of code to add that command when it's entirely likely that no one will ever actually click it (I know I wouldn't scroll over to it instead of just hitting a button, would you?).

Edit: So I was able to hack it easier than I thought :wink:
Go to line 1293 and change onActionDelete to onActionCancel. Then change the name and description of the command in your plugin parameters.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IntoTheDrink