Read text files for gameMessage on RMMZ

Kryzalid

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Dear all,

I found some exciting stuff with RMMV about calling external files for text messages. I want to use it on RMMZ, but i can't find a working solution with the plugs for MV.

I don't have the skills to rewrite the plugs i found into MZ. So i tried to use XMLHttpRequest, but i don't have any result on MV. Probably because my code is wrong. Do you guys have any solution or idea to be able to call external files for the text messages on MZ ?

I think for game development, having dialogs putted into text files is so much easier and comfortable for revision. This kind of feature should be integrated in the core system of the engine.

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well NWjs has complete support for the node apis, so you can use the fs module to read a local file, and store in an in-game variable and call that in the message, but if you want to do it for all the messages you'd need a better system.

You'd need to be able read the file and separate the messages and read them individually possibly using regular expressions, unless you'd create a different file for each message but that is just impractical and messy.

The best way would be writing something that utilizes JSON objects which is certainly possible.
I would write this plugin for you as it is fairly simple, but I do not have the time nor do I own RPG Maker MZ. Maybe someone else in the community can write it for you or if you decide to write it yourself I'll be happy to offer guidance.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
maybe this plugin. hope this help.

Kryzalid

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Guys, thank you so much for such interesting replies.

So far i'm happy with my map systems, trying to make something too avoid that Rpg maker Mv looking.
I'm going to check your notes and links in details and let you know.

I'm going to check your notes and links in details and let you know.

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antrixdoesstuff