Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would like to know how can I read a certain saved file's switches and variables' value. For example, I changed the value of variable 1 to 90. After that, I saved it. On the title screen, I am trying to read that saved file's variables or switches and store it to a value in Game System or Game Temp for example.

My question is, how can I read a certain saved file's specific variable ID / switch ID and store it into another created variable?

Thanks in advance.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
var data = JsonEx.parse(StorageManager.load(savefileId));
// data.switches -> switches

// data.variables -> variables

Afterwards, do with it whatever you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milena

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yay, thanks, this helped a lot. All I have to do is to loop it to check each and every value to see which switch is turned on :D

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay, thanks, this helped a lot. All I have to do is to loop it to check each and every value to see which switch is turned on :D
If you are looking for a specific switch, and know its ID you can just do

data.switches.value(IDHERE);
To get the value.

Milena

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay here's a problem. What if I want to check a certain switch on ALL existing saved files? How can I do that? Because it throws me an unexpected end of input when a saved file is not existent. So my problem is, how can I check ALL existing saved file's specific switch ID?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Code:
DataManager.loadGlobalInfo();
This gives you an array containing the header (what you can see in the save/load screen) of all existing savefiles.

Milena

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I see. What is the proper check for this?

Parsing the JSON depends on which index my commands are placed. For example, command1 is switch 1. However, I want to load all existing saved files and load to see if switch value is on.

Will I have to store this 

DataManager.loadGlobalInfo()on a new array? If so, how can I completely loop it to check them individually if such switch is on?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Started playing Danganronpa 3 in French - Eyes started bleeding in less than 5 minutes - Installed English text instead.
Why, translator, whyyyy???
-_- Now we have punishments for skipping meals, specially breakfast. At least let me sleep on Fridays -_-
colorize an old sketch
Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
Why most of games like to give a horrible control to an aircraft vehicle? can I get a simplified control that does not require me to roll first just to change my direction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insani1022