Reading that inspires you

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by kovak, Sep 5, 2017.

1. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd like to recommend and get some recommendations since i have like 4 ~6 dead hours at work (hospitals are kinda dead sometimes if you know what i mean).

So i'll list here some manga and comics that inspires me when making rpgs...and a small summary that may make you interested or not.

Dungeon Meshi - A manga about a party that has no funds for food has to cook monsters that they defeat or perish because hunger, hunger never change. All for the same of their friend who was shallowed by a red dragon.

The Wicked The Divine - In our modern days a few people are turn into gods in exchange of a shorter lifespam, though they aquired divine powers they also has to follow rules or will die. Divinity also has a bigger price, the more you live, the insaner you get.

Tower of God - A story about a orphan who enters in a mysterious tower so he could see the real stars at night and to look for his only friend in the world. Each floor is filled with life and is as big as Russia. "He who reaches the top of the tower will be the king and ruler of it".

The Promissed Neverland - Kids are raised in a orphanage, they are well cared and makes regular IQ tests and are healthy and happy. They are adopted when they get older...to be turned into meals for monsters who rules the outside world.

2. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I generally get inspired by stuff like science and psychology. Learning an interesting fact about some animal for example, or something about space travel, can get cool ideas running through your head. And psychology is just pure awesome on every level that helps you understand how human minds work, which can in turn help you with character development.