Real Futuristic Sprite, Battlers, Facesets Resource Pack?

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
First of all, I am not sure if this is the right place for this kind of question, thus I decided to put it here. Hopefully, I am not wrong.

Second, I don't mind paying, as long as it is what I needed (with good price lol).

I have been looking for futuristic resource pack (sprite, battlers, and facesets), and all I get was:

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/frontier-works-futuristic-heroes-and-bgm

it is nice and dandy, I mean just take a look at the sample images!

So, what's the problem?

Well...they are not really futuristic. At least in my opinion.

example?

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/rpgmaker.assets/product_sale_images/images/medium/FW01_Sample04.png?1398446184

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/rpgmaker.assets/product_sale_images/images/thumb/FW01_Sample02.png?1398446137

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/rpgmaker.assets/product_sale_images/images/medium/FW01_Sample06.png?1398446222

They looks good, seriously. But they still looks like something coming out of Suikoden and some other Middle Age's Fantasy Story. Let alone being "futuristic", they can't even be called "modern"...

Now, if you guys know any other place where I can buy some kind of futuristic sprite,battlers,facesets resource pack, please tell me. Or if you yourself created something like that, I would be interested to buy.

Surely I will always be interested in something free (who wouldn't?) but there is always reason why paid resources are usually better than free:D.

Thanks for at least reading!

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thalzon has some excellent battlers, including a variety of robots and other futuristic things.

In the Future Tiles pack, there are definitely some futuristic sprites, but not many characters unfortunately.

As for battler backdrops, there are some very nice Sci-Fi ones in the store, but those are mainly suited for being in space. 

Other than that, I'm looking forward to this information as well.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First, define what is Futuristic for you... We could have different notions of the future. Is it something like Star Trek-ish thingy? Star Wars-ish thingy? Post-Apocalyptic thingy? Robotic Future thingy? Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
First, define what is Futuristic for you... We could have different notions of the future. Is it something like Star Trek-ish thingy? Star Wars-ish thingy? Post-Apocalyptic thingy? Robotic Future thingy? Etc.
I know that noone can predict future. But if I am being asked how future will be, there will be 3 possible routes ahead (naturally): advancement, degradation, or nothing happened (especially if it is something in the near future).

For "advancement" routes, space colonization theme such as mass effect, star trek, etc are good examples. You could put robotic future here.

For "degradation" routes, post-apocalyptic and apocalyptic theme will fit this route. You could put dark future theme and also that robotic future theme in here.

For "nothing happened" routes, that's easy.

You show me Fallout 5: New York, I am going say:"that's futuristic".

You show me Mass Effect 5, I am going to say:"that's way too futuristic!"

You show me Resident Evil 7, I am going to say:"well,....I think it is kinda futuristic"

You show me Robotic; Notes, I will say that it is futuristic.

But surely if you show me: https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/rpgmaker.assets/product_sale_images/images/medium/FW01_Sample04.png?1398446184, https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/rpgmaker.assets/product_sale_images/images/thumb/FW01_Sample02.png?1398446137, and https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/rpgmaker.assets/product_sale_images/images/medium/FW01_Sample06.png?1398446222, I will firmly say that they are not futuristic, at least for me. It is not that they are bad looking though. Just personal view on things I guess.

Now, which futuristic style I am looking for?

Uh....great I haven't really thought of that.

I love something post apocalyptic and something star trekish I guess. Combination between two will be nice. Hmmm, I remember there was a movie that combine those two in one, what is it again?

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Blade Runner was more of a dystopian future but the narrative clearly showed Star Trek tendencies in that universe.  There is clear mention of other world colonies and the stirring speech by the main villain clearly shows humanity is venturing to the stars. 

Actually a fair number of sci-fi movies and books have Earth becoming a dystopia or near dystopia (Star Trek being the notable exception) and the outer space colonies becoming the forefront of human progress.

So really a good futuristic set of sprites and such would include:

- Robots

- Spaceships

- Dystopian Future Police State members

- Energy weapons

- Scientific Labs

- Aliens

- Futuristic Buildings

For the Dystopian aspects, you can mostly re-use the torture tiles and sprites because, even if humanity had FTL drives, nothing's to say a dystopia wouldn't gladly re-use Middle Ages era tech for its torture.  Or, better yet, if I portrayed that in an RPG, is if the torture happens behind closed doors, with only the results shown to the player...

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Blade Runner was more of a dystopian future but the narrative clearly showed Star Trek tendencies in that universe.  There is clear mention of other world colonies and the stirring speech by the main villain clearly shows humanity is venturing to the stars. 

Actually a fair number of sci-fi movies and books have Earth becoming a dystopia or near dystopia (Star Trek being the notable exception) and the outer space colonies becoming the forefront of human progress.

So really a good futuristic set of sprites and such would include:

- Robots

- Spaceships

- Dystopian Future Police State members

- Energy weapons

- Scientific Labs

- Aliens

- Futuristic Buildings

For the Dystopian aspects, you can mostly re-use the torture tiles and sprites because, even if humanity had FTL drives, nothing's to say a dystopia wouldn't gladly re-use Middle Ages era tech for its torture.  Or, better yet, if I portrayed that in an RPG, is if the torture happens behind closed doors, with only the results shown to the player...
Not sure about the aliens stuffs(since I am talking about human here lol), but yea, weapons are important, even if they are not energy weapons, at least most percentage of the weapon they use should be something modern, near future, and so on..and surely, they shouldn't be able to do something "LOTR/HarPot style magic". but then it is just my opinion though

Middle age torture in the closed door in futuristic/dystopian/post-apocalyptic era? Hmmmm. It works, but in the long run, you are going to need more assets I think.

I will go check Thalzon's resource now.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

hmm one of those days where there's a lot to work on with my game... annnnnd I have no idea what I wanna do. most of it tho, involves drawing lol. either enemies or NPCs.
I'm going back to the default RTP, in the interest of getting it done. FSM is lovely but slow to work with and has tall doors. And switching to tall sprites would mean a lot of franking, and also the horses will be small.
I think I developed a stalker trauma (stalkerfobia?) because of my previous work publishing games on Steam. :(
RIP, MeatLoaf :( Hot patootie, bless his soul, he really loved that rock 'n roll.
Psychronics Games is doing a livestream about my game in a bit... And I will do a video about his game after that.
Watch their stream with us on youtube!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadajuice