Real romance vs Fantasy romance

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by kovak, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Btw, you could also read some short romance novels written by female authors, to get another point of view.

2. Astel

Astel The (grey) knight with that funny look Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It certainly doesn't help that in my relationships, they played the card "you should already know" and the "there is nothing wrong" before everything comes crashing down after asking 10 more times "are you ok? what's wrong?" :kaoswt2:
    It could be that I'm far too emotionally stunted, but certainly sometimes isn't easy... :kaoswt:

As for the topic at hand...i don't have any ideas... for my stories I copy and paste anime romantic relationships :kaohi:

kaukusaki likes this.
  3. eluukkanen

eluukkanen Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Depends on what sort of romance you are interested in having to your story. Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen (female writer) is all about fancy people trying to get wed. While it is about practicalities and shows the time and age, I believe it could give you input on female mindset in romance.

4. mcoorlim

mcoorlim Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm a professional author and I've had a lot of relationships of different kinds, but I'll be honest: I can't write romance. Last time I tried, it turned into a cyberpunk thriller by the time I was done. Maybe I could if I'd read a lot more of the genre and had a feel for the formula, but I'm not going to try writing it again, because it's important to know and accept your limitations.

kaukusaki likes this.
  5. joombo

joombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I prefer real
    tired of fantasy

kaukusaki likes this.
  6. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    imagine the perfect romance for YOU. Your perfect dude/chick/whatevs trying to woo you and your responses to MR/MZ/ZE Perfect. Romances are personal wankfests anyway so run with it.

I'm in the same boat as @mcoorlim.
    However I have hacked my way into it like a melodramatic soap opera and it worked but I despised it and kicked it to the curb. Also my personal romantic life sucks so I can't draw on that... (I'm selfish mean emotional and hate children. Yet I still get dudes in my face why tho ugh)

VioletSpark likes this.
  7. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't imagine romance about me and another person...it's complicated.
    Or i fall in the deep hole and then cry a river cuz i was not accepted and then take months to realize that it had nothing to do with me, that i was fine and the other person is the wrong one, the "it's not you, it's me" situation, or i just do bare minimum for maximum results and things goes smooth till i get bored and wait till the person gets bored too.

I'm not the kind of person to be used as the basis for romance stuff at all.

kaukusaki likes this.
  8. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My game is literally a romance game, so yeah, if you have any specific questions, shoot.

Just stay away from the dark hellhole that is TRP or any PUA stuff.

I also recommend Romancing The Beat, a short guide on how to write your romance. I'm very happy I purchased it. It's short, but it gives you bullet points on how to plot out your romance and make it engaging.