Really needing Quicksand animated tiles.

Blureinade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am asking nicely for quicksand animated tiles that I can place on a desert based map and animates sucking the sand alike falling off a mountain while testing the game or their is a option to make the default sand into quicksand by doing events and scripting?

Blureinade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I don't mean these for walking into. I actually mean quicksand tiles like Final Fantasy chimney smoke animated tiles. Quicksand like in Final Fantasy VIII D District Prison, background animated tiles, not like doors.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Have you tried recoloring the whirlpool tile to match the sand tiles?

Blureinade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not exactly, that either. But good idea. I really really mean, is that I like a tile for each square that the sand falls downwards (like a avalanche) as I intend to put it in a map with a big hole in the centre as if the sand sucked the desert and leaving a black gap within the area unveiling a secret, pretty much a event effect idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Well, you could also try recoloring the animated water tiles, too, if you need a larger area than a single tile.

Faye Valentine

The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
He means something like this 
hE81DPy.png

But for VX Ace. 

These kind of edits are not easy to make in the VX/Ace RTP graphics. Best you can do is to re-color some autotiles and apply a texture with photoshop... or try to edit the autotile i have posted. 

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think the water would help. It sounds like he wants it animated so that it opens onto a black space/void that the sand is being sucked in. At least, that's what I understand.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A water tile could make a quicksand texture but if you wanted it to flow in only one direction per tile that's a lot more complex. You'd need multiple water tiles to pull it off and a good understanding of the way those tiles work paired with a lot of shift clicking to map it. Events are probably the way to go with this one.

What tiles are you using? Ace's RTP?

Blureinade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using the basic sample VX Ace tiles that are whirlpools and water.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Apoc made quicksand. No reposting. I do not have commercial info handy atm. I have particular permission to post this. :0)

quicksandtile_zps9f0ad564.png

quicksand2tile_zps6e137e0f.png

I have no concept what this can possibly mean.

"animates sucking the sand alike falling off a mountain"

***********************edit**********************

I re-read your avalanche concept into darkness. You probably want to be more specific. Is it a hole in the ground? How big? Is it a cliff? Which way does it face? How wide?

Devil's in the details.

" put it in a map with a big hole in the centre as if the sand sucked the desert and leaving a black gap "

This makes me think you want edge animation all around, so you should say how big, etc. Also you should show which tiles you want to lead up to the hole (show a screenshot)

Also, perhaps a parallax background (like a fog) of sand, constantly moving down, is really what you need.

RYU (White Pastry Shop) Must Have read your mind!

http://www5.hp-ez.com/hp/white-patisserie/page3/bid-388137

(all the way down for tiles)

http://www5.hp-ez.com/hp/white-patisserie/mapsozai5

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
Hello! Thank you for visiting my Page! ✅
I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PsYcHiC_PuSsYcAt