terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I honestly have no idea what's going on ToT I put one thing in the editor but it looks weird in-game!

Screenshot%2015_zpsvwsoj3yd.png

Screenshot%2014_zpstbzfp3ht.png
Please help me. It's making the map look weird! I don't know if this is supposed to happen or how to fix it. The only map plugin I have is Kaus Overlay for lights in certain locations, but that can't be the issue as I turned it off and it still messes up what I'm trying to do.

Pardon the ugly mapping, it's a WIP. I only noticed the issue because I periodically play test to check how the lighting plugin looks.

Last edited by a moderator:

tati light

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This happens to me when I use a tile over a tile that has a star (above player). The only way I found to overpass this bug is to create an event with the tileset tile you want and set as above character as priority.

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
:( what an odd bug! Ah well. . .

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not a bug. If you don't want a tile to display, don't map with it.

If you put down two tiles and one of them (either one) has a star, it is going to show on top. If you don't want it to, either change the passability so it's not a star, or use the erase tile (top left B tile) to get rid of it, and then replace it with just the one you want.

If you put down 2 B-E tiles on top of each other, they will both be used, even if one completely covers the other. If you then put down another B-E tile on the same space, the bottom one will be removed and the two highest ones will be used, IF the new one is different to the top one.

tati light

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry to disagree, but it could be seen as a bug, since you can see in the editor, and when you play test it's not there (because it's below).

I think the editor preview should reflect the final result, otherwise could mislead the new users like me. I just noticed it was the star by accident, but it's really strange to see your tiles in the editor, and not in the play test.

I understand that it's not a bug because it's the intended behavior, but I still believe the editor should reflect the accurate preview.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The editor shows the last tile you placed. We already asked if they can change it so an earlier-placed tile with a star gets shown on top, and they said it would be too difficult.

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I understand. Though it is misleading for them to have it show a certain way in the editor but not ingame :/

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah. I've seen a few posts about similar issues, and totally agree. I wish they could make the editor display the same way as in-game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadlightBC