Reasources

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I have a really important question. I have been working on my game for a while and the main problem is, I don't have many resources to call my own. While I do have people helping me with soundtrack, I was wondering how to could get help with making an original tile set pack. Where would I go to possibly get help with these things?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

General Resources is where you share resources, so I'm moving this to Resource Support.

I'm not 100% sure if you're looking to make tilesets yourself or if you're looking for someone to make them for you. Could you clarify what you mean?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you looking for a complete collection of original/custom tilesets, or do you only need a few tiles to cover what's missing in your game?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's nothing wrong with using third party assets and default assets. You can still make a great game. But yes, having original assets can help.

As for tilesets, if you want to make them yourself, you'll need some art skills, know how to use certain softwares, and have a lot of time. If you want to commission someone, you'll have access to the more advance classified section of this forum when you become a veteran member of this forum (30 meaningful posts).

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey everybody, sorry I didn't respond right away, I've been really busy. So I understand that getting help from other people on the forums requires me to be a veteran so it'll probably take some time. I was also wondering if anyone knew what software I could use in the mean time with my current team? Thanks!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Whiteemerald Actually you don't need to be a veteran to get help. In fact, all of this forum, except one part, is accessible for everyone. You'll see that people here are really welcoming and try to help everyone to the best of their capabilities.

The only thing that requires you to be a veteran (having 30 meaningful posts or more) is the classified section. The classified section is where monetary transactions take place: some people make some offers and others make requests. That's where you'd want to go to commission someone in exchange for money to create what you need.

Since you don't have access to the classified section yet (and for good reasons trust me, too many people have invested lots of money into a project they never finished because they weren't experience enough in game making), the alternative is trying to recruit a team for your project. There's a section on this forum that you can access for that. Although it's not commissions, you might be able to recruit a team or join one.

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ohhh. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I have also heard a lot about the problem with allowing people to have access to that part of the forum at some point also. Thanks a lot for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanaDMF