FREE Rebellion of Gilfer's Bay ACT 1|| Male & Female voices needed!

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Kokoro Hane, Nov 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kokoro Hane

Kokoro Hane Overly Ambitious Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace

Synopsis:
    Final Pirate Haven: Rebellion of Gilfer's Bay is a direct sequel to Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale. The first game was an entry to So Bad, It's Good! Jam 2017, taking first place, and had purposely horrendous and minimalistic maps and events. The sequel will improve upon maps and events, but to keep in the spirit of things, still retain that so bad, it's good charm, just aiming to be 10x better than its predecessor.

Nobody has recollection of the past events since Amina reset this world. No Name master, whom took Moses' place and was bestowed the gift of Crystal Captor by "Xander"--has been defeated. Now Xander, whom now has been restored to his true name (coincidentally Moses as well), is recovering from the illness No Name cursed him with, and can now peacefully live in peace, with Amina's hand in his. With the world their people originally came from destroyed, the two agree upon residing in this world and live out in a tent not terribly far from Gilfer's Bay.

The Reeve family are carrying on as usual. Moses Reeve is training hard to be the best pirate he can, but failing miserably at the hands of his trainer. His mother Callie is both worried and disappointment in his lack of improvement. Captain Bobby and his crew, despite stricter regulations against pirates, have managed to haul in a ton of booty into the bay to keep the pirate way thriving. Mr. Cabbage is still growing cabbages. Jackass once again gets adopted into the Reeve family. And the dazzling Mona (no longer dead since the world's reset) has her crazy tea-loving mind deadset on romancing The Dominator.

But, trouble is brewin' once again, and Moses and Amina will have to again bestow their powers upon Moses Reeve to aid in saving the bay and his fellow pirates.

Oh, and, two Elven scholars who have traveled to Arseland with a mission of their own may come across a vital connection crossing paths with the Crimson Eyed couple. As well as learn of a most exotic prisoner, delivered to Master Potato from Queen Gale of The Kingdom Of Red (so if you played Journey of The Scroll, your questions from the ending shall be answered).

The game will be featuring fully voice acted cutscenes and will be split into two acts. It will be 2-3x as long as the original, with a more indepth story but maintaining its ridiculous humour along the way. There are plans for the gameplay to have more things happening, like completing small missions and exploration, but it is still going to be more heavily story-driven rather than gameplay driven.

ROLES NEEDED:
    Most (possibly all) of the original voice cast will be reprising their roles, so this is a list of new characters (whether minor NPCs you talked to in the first game that had no cutscene screentime or completely new to the story entirely) that need voices! Beneath every character is the audition lines for you to record to be considered for the part. Please have a decent microphone---I MAY accept headsets if they can be cleaned to sound OK, and please no puffs and peaks. Also, only apply if you are OK with minor cursing (nothing harsh--just hell, etc light stuff like that)

*Note on accents; whilst I love when an accent is authentic, if you can feign it, go for it! ^^

[ male ]

[​IMG]
    Jared Loco
    Young adult (medium or medium high range)
    Accent: American or Canadian
    Minor reoccuring role

Has a sort of "cool guy" aura about him. Can be irritable. Is a bit of an idiot (was given a wooden sword so he doesn't hurt himself).

"Would you please stop running around? It's giving me a headache..." [annoyed, feeling slightly ill]
    "Keep talkin' and I'll cut off your tail." [irritated, harsh, said to crewmate Nyaara]
    "I was gonna whack 'em down, but you said to avoid conflict." [as-a-matter-of-fact tone, said to the captain]
    "Imprisonment does weird things to your mind."

[​IMG]
    Sid
    30s (medium or medium high range)
    Minor reoccuring role

Procrastinator. Often left out of voyages due to not showing up. He can be very whiney at times.

"He just left me... he took everyone else but me!" [about to cry]
    "Moses, you think your father doesn't need me part of his crew no more? I mean... he brought everyone else along but me! What's even more insulting...? ... is he also brought that new guy who is forced to carry a wooden sword because he's an idiot!" [seethes at the end]
    "I'm so lonely..."

[​IMG]
    Larry
    Middle-aged (medium or medium low range)
    Accent: Any
    Minor reoccuring role

Handles maps. Fairly good navigator. No outstanding personality. Indirectly insulted his Captain and now gets ignored by him.

"Captain sir, I'm afraid this bad weather might do for the worst."
    "The... Calla Lily...? You named this ship after a freakin' FLOWER? What a joke of a name for a fine ship!"

[​IMG]
    Carl
    40s/50s (medium or medium low range)
    Minor reoccuring role

Always at the pub in Gilfer's Bay. Talks with a slight drunken slur, always complaining his drinks aren't getting him drunk--to which the barista has to remind him that every type of drink he orders never had any alcohol in it.

"Oi, what's the matter with this 'ere rum? It's not giving me enough buzz 'cept for the momentary bubble of carbination."
    "Ya mean we get no ale?!" [loud, appalled]

[​IMG]
    Lawrense
    Late 20s (medium high range)
    Accent: British

One of the squadron leaders under The Dominator, whom is bent on obliterating pirates. He infiltrates Gilfer's Bay. Often speaks very harshly and often yells.
    * Note: Is supposed to have a similar voice to Terrence, so you can try out for both roles!

"You're all still lowly rats..." [said harshly under breath]
    "You filthy little... I-I mean! My fellow swab! Haha, how lovely it is to see you!" [tries to recover after almost blowing cover]
    "You 3, stay back or I slit her throat!"
    "I'll do it... I'll shut this port down... I did it to Toiling Port in Dammer dayum, Chelsea's Hub in the Redderick Isles... now Gilfer's Bay will fall!" [manic, yelling]
    "I'll find you.... I will tear all of Arseland apart and find you! And if you are not here... I will toil this entire planet 'till you are brought to me DEAD!" [is injured, struggling at the beginning only to get louder and harsher by the end]

[​IMG]
    Terrence
    Late 20s (medium high range)

A Guardian of the Gates. He doesn't care about The Dominator's order against pirates, nor does he care if pirates thrive or not, he just wants to find his sister Sharon. Speaks in a soft, eloquent tone.
    * Note: Is supposed to have a similar voice to Lawrense, so you can try out for both roles!

"My alliegence is sworn to Lady Jathena, not him. I am breaking no oath."
    "These...? These are people, let them go!" [what he tells Lawrense when presented with pirate prisoners]
    "This is nothing more than a power trip. That's all you want. This isn't in the name of justice, it's all about you. All I asked of you was to ensure our sister's safe return. But you betrayed me."

[​IMG]
    Bradley
    Young adult (medium high or boyish range)
    Minor reoccuring role

Originally from Toiling Port. Had to move to Gilfer's Bay (which he thinks sucks). Very irritable.

"Gilfer's Bay really sucks. I hate this place." [disdain]
    "This is how we got caught in Toiling Port!" [annoyed, panic]

[​IMG]
    Squadron Trooper
    20s/30s (any range)
    Small part in ACT 1 only

Comes looking for pirates one day when sent to inspect Gilfer's Bay.

"We already talked to suit guy over there, now we need your statement."
    "Are you sure there ain't any swabs around?"
    "B-But you're a Commander, a Guardian of the Gates under oath!"

Thief (Extra)
    Any range
    Any accent
    If cast, your audition lines will be used automatically

A thief wanting to steal Mr. Cabbage's cabbages.

'Well lookie here, fresh lettuce!"
    "Whatever, hand them over kid!"
    "GIMME DAT LETTUCE!"
    "Gehhh...!! You wretch!"

[ female ]

[​IMG]
    Sharon
    Late 20s (medium to medium high range)

Wanting to live a free life, Sharon leaves her life as a Gate Guardian and becomes a pirate. Often mistaken as squadron due to her attire. She is the youngest of a set of triplets (the others being her two brothers, Lawrense and Terrence).

"Arrest him! He's my brother trying to take me away from pirate life!" [accusatory, shouted]
    "And to think, I came here because I felt sorry for you."
    "You'd actually harm your own sister? We were born together! Triplets! You, me, and Terrence! If only we were twins instead... if only you were DEAD!" [angry, breaking down]
    "Tch... you b*stard... this is all YOUR fault!" [bitter, spiteful]

[​IMG]
    Blondie
    Young adult (medium to medium high range)
    Minor reoccuring role

A barista at the pub of Gilfer's Bay. She often has to keep telling Carl that the drinks he is ordering contains no alcohol.

"Because that's sparkling cider, sir. Not rum."
    "And you're one to talk, Moses. You're as sober as a bunny! Ironic for a boy whose middle name is Vodka."
    "It's only the rum and ale that ISN'T contraban..."

[​IMG]
    Denise "Smartass" Lawrence
    mid-30s (medium or medium-lowish range)
    Accent: Scottish preferred, British is OK too
    Minor reoccuring role

An airship captain whom hasn't been able to sail the skies due to a former crewmate crashing her ship.

"What we do here is not THAT illegal... I mean, we steal, bootleg, and counterfeit...and resell... but that's all. No drugs or nothin'."
    "Bloody hell! And I had all me dried fish bet on him."

MY ROLES/POSITION: Mapper, eventer, writer, director, voice actress

HOW TO AUDITION & DEADLINE:
    Anyone, whether you've voice acted before or not, are welcomed to try out! Simply record your auditions lines in either .wav, .ogg, or .mp3 format. Title your file "CreditedName_CharacterName" and e-mail it to me at kokoro_hane(at)yahoo.com (just replace 'at' with @ ) with the headline "(Character Name) Audition".

The deadline is Nov.18th! (subject to extension)

Thank you, and I look forward to your audition! Also note whilst this is ACT 1 auditions, most them will reappear in ACT 2, but the ACT 1 script is done, so upon cast, you will receive your script immediately.

Art resource credits:
    Default RTP
    Chocolate Mint

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    phamtruong1992 likes this.
  2. J-G

J-G Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What if your not sure what role to pick? Not sure which I would fit best. Can I just send an audio of my voice and you decide which character it would suit best?

Kokoro Hane and phamtruong1992 like this.
  3. Kokoro Hane

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's best to record for a character, as the only way I can really decide is to hear how you portray that character. You can audition for as many characters as you want. If I feel your voice is more suited for someone else, I can always recommend you try for another. But I like to hear how one portrays a character, as not only does a fitting voice matters, but their inflection of the voice--as that really showcases someone's personality.

J-G likes this.
  4. J-G

J-G Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I will try to send a few between today and tomorrow

Kokoro Hane likes this.
  5. Kokoro Hane

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    TODAY IS THE LAST DAY! Keep sending in your wonderful auditions~

Definitely in need of more for our female characters and Carl, and would love to hear more Terrence and Lawrense too!

6. Kokoro Hane

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Auditions are now CLOSED! Thank you to all who has auditioned, I will listen carefully to each one and make a decision as soon as I can! All auditioners will be e-mailed when the decision is made.