GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It doesn't seem possible without a plugin to reset levels to 1 while keeping stats, I would like someone to please design a plugin that adds a new option in thew events menu that will reset the player's level and keep a certain % of your stats I would like the ability to customize this but a solid 30% inheritance rate is good enough.What made me want this plugin? I have loved Disgaea's and Mabinogi's reincarnation and rebirth systems they add and extremely unique form of balanced also rewarding yet fun form of replay value that always makes the game age well when you wanna fresh start and play the game again later I also liked how Disgaea used this reincarnation to make not only replay value rewarding but add even more extra fights and content that could only be beaten by properly using the reincarnation system and getting laharl top notch in stats before facing enemies like Baal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The first and second can be already done with events.

For the first, remove the actor from the party and then add the character again with the 'Change Pary Member...' event command, but check the button 'initialize' when adding the character back to the party.

For the second, just use the event command 'Change Level...' and reduce the level by 99 (assuming you're not using a plugin to increase the max level, if so, just call the even more times until all levels are removed).

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The first and second can be already done with events.

For the first, remove the actor from the party and then add the character again with the 'Change Pary Member...' event command, but check the button 'initialize' when adding the character back to the party.

For the second, just use the event command 'Change Level...' and reduce the level by 99 (assuming you're not using a plugin to increase the max level, if so, just call the even more times until all levels are removed).

yeah but I wanna keep a % of stats from the old game a balanced amount like 30% carried over to the new game. The 3rd part is the most important.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
yeah but I wanna keep a % of stats from the old game a balanced amount like 30% carried over to the new game. The 3rd part is the most important.

I'm just saying that 2 of the 3 things you want don't need a plugin, so instead of asking a plugin that do 3 things, you can ask for a plugin that do only 1.

With 3 things, you're just adding unnecessary complexity to the plugin, wich make less likely someone will take the request.

The simpler the plugin request is, the higher is the chance of someone taking the request.

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm just saying that 2 of the 3 things you want don't need a plugin, so instead of asking a plugin that do 3 things, you can ask for a plugin that do only 1.

With 3 things, you're just adding unnecessary complexity to the plugin, wich make less likely someone will take the request.

The simpler the plugin request is, the higher is the chance of someone taking the request.

Ok ill remove those.

Done.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Just one thing. Is the reset one-time-only or can be done as many times the player want?

If it's a one-time-only, you could manage that using a passive state and a plugin that allows states to add flat stats.

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just one thing. Is the reset one-time-only or can be done as many times the player want?

If it's a one-time-only, you could manage that using a passive state and a plugin that allows states to add flat stats.

as many times as the player wants like Disgaea's reincarnation system but instead of being triggered by using the dark assembly its triggered every new game plus and stacks up stats each time. 

(sorry about the grammar i was called away from PC and I was in a hurry to not keep you waiting)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamicon