Murderous Gentleman
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace.

Synopsis:
An amnesiac awakes from a coma and is told that she has been under for quite some time. It is the distant year of 2038, and Japan has seen some major innovation in the last decade; augmented reality is now mainstream, judges are now AI as to not have any kind of agenda, and learning can be done instantaneously through booths that transfer information directly into your brain (but for a considerable fee of course). Most of this technology isn't used by your average joe though, many workers lost their jobs due to the dominance of automation and have turned to crime and gangs. The police are now even more corrupt than before, forging evidence to trick the Judge AI System into giving incorrect verdicts as well as many other underhanded and illegal tactics.

Aster -- the amnesiac mentioned before -- wants to return Japan to its former glory, even though she can't remember a thing about it, she's heard anything is better than this dystopian future now called modern day. Aster know that she doesn't have much once she wakes up, all she was given is her name; Cecilia Aster Fate, a disgraced attorney forgotten through the passage of time. Aster wants to prove her now good intentions, and to do so, she'll fix the legal system and find out about her past in the process.

...Just who were was she before collapsing into a coma?

Vincent Rivales

Rival Prosecutor

Melanie Oma

Unkoku Koerner

To be announced soon...

To be announced soon...

There will be three different types of gameplay in REB:A.

The first
will be the investigation sequences that will function similar to those of the Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth games, but with a bit of an update. There will be four different ways to navigate:

Walking:
The most basic way to navigate the world. You can talk to people while walking because you're eye-level with them.

Crouching/Investigating: A bit more time-consuming way to navigate. Instead of standing up straight, you will be crouching close to the ground. In this status, you will be able to search for clues and investigate your surroundings.

Crawling: The slowest way to navigate. It allows you to fit in between small gaps and traverse areas such as air vents.

Running: The fastest way to navigate. It will only be used during action scenes, which will be scripted events that occur every once and a while. It cannot be used outside of action scenes.

The second will be the talking sequences that will function similar to those of the mainline games. If you walk up to an NPC during an investigation and select talk, you will be brought to a face-to-face conversation with them. Three options will appear:

Talk: You select a topic to talk about and learn information from them.

Present: You select a piece of evidence to present to them to see what they know about it. May lead to more topics to talk about.

Leave: You leave the conversation and continue investigating.

The third will be the courtroom sequences that will function similar to those of the mainline games, but with a twist. The courtroom is an entirely virtual one being projected by futuristic projectors. Meaning that the people in the gallery, prosecutors and even the judge can be AI programs or not be there in person. That leads to the most ambitious gameplay element in this game:

Project Your Argument: You and the prosecutor will be turned into a giant virtually projected version of yourselves if you reach a stalemate during a trial. You will then be prompted to "Project Your Argument!" The prosecutor will start to bombard you with questions and you'll have to systematically disprove their points one by one. When you present evidence, a virtual version will be shot out of the projector behind you a hurl towards the prosecutor and cause them to stagger back if you're correct. If you are able to disprove all their points, their virtual counterparts will fall over and shatter into a million pieces. The same will happen to you if you are unsuccessful.

Other classic gameplay elements such as Testimony and Cross-Examination will make a return but updated. Side note, the introduction of augmented reality will open up the possibility of some pretty interesting breakdowns.

None yet...

None yet...

Synopsis: The first case. After awaking from your coma, you are greeted by the director of the hospital, Melanie Oma. She introduces you to the staff of the hospital and answers your lingering questions about the state of the present day. After a few days of rehab, tragedy strikes. You find the charred remains of the doctor inside of a blazing office, which is now in a state of disarray and is ready to collapse. The police have evidence that points you be the murderer, so now it's up to you and your dismissive lawyer, Vincent Rivales, to prove your innocence.

Planning:
100%
Prolouge: 20%
Trial Former: 0%
Trial Latter: 0%

Synopsis:
To be revealed after further development.

Planning:
75%
Day 1 - Investgation: 0%
Day 1 - Trial: 0%
Day 2 - Investgation: 0%
Day 2- Trial Former: 0%
Day 2- Trial Latter: 0%

Synopsis:

Planning:
25%
Day 1 - Trial: 0%
Day 2 - Investgation: 0%
Day 2- Trial Former: 0%

Synopsis:

Planning:
55%
Day 1- Trial Former: 0%
Day 1- Trial Latter: 0%
Day 2- Trial Former: 5%
Day 2 - Investgation: 2%
Epilouge: 0%

Writer: Doechano

This position is pretty self-explanatory. I will be the lead writer, but if I get into a funk or something, I could open it up to more people.

Character Artist: Needed

This position would be for those who want to draw either the face-to-face encounter characters or the investigation characters.

Location Artist: Needed

This position would be for those who want to draw either the face-to-face encounter locations or the investigation locations.

Concept Artwork: DetectiveWhite

The art for the boxart and character bios.

Composer: Needed

This position would be for those who want to compose pieces for this game's OST.

Programming Assistance: Needed

This position would be for those who want to help me with the game's programming, I'm not exactly an expert. At the moment, this is the most important position.

Playtesters/Proofreader: Needed, but not a priority.

Every few months or weeks I might have something I want to proofread or playtested.

If you are interested in the concept and want to help me make it a reality PM me or email me at rebirth.aster@gmail.com.

There will be at least one update every Friday, but probably a few in between.

19/09/21: Launch of the thread. Created some fancy new graphics. Added a character bio for Aster and Artemis. More to be added very soon.

19/09/27:
Working on 8-directional player movement with an additonal number of frames in each animation.

19/10/05: Basic movement is now completed. Plot elements and characters have been fleshed out a bit more.

19/10/11: This week has been the most producive yet. Even more plot elements have been planned. Case 1 & 2 have been established beyond just the basic idea. A few scenes have been written out, but changes are to be expected. Hopefully there will be enough completed within the coming weeks to show off a few screenshots.​

Last edited:

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very nice thread, but I had to make a couple changes in order to Approve it:
  • Offering payment of any kind is not allowed in the Project Recruitment forum. Applicants who want to work on this team should apply without any expectation of payment. You can negotiate payment privately once someone is already on the team if you want, but RPG Maker Web's staff cannot enforce it.
  • I had to fix the formatting on a few paragraphs which were displaying badly on the forum's "Dark Theme". Should be good now.
Additionally, just a bit of advice - the character bios are very hard to read. Simpler formatting and higher contrast between the background and the letters would help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.
Got myself card game plugin, its bit laggy but worth it
Finally made battler stuff for my last character...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoyasilk