• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nerd Letter

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been using RPG Maker MV for quite a while now, and I've grown quite comfortable with it. However, I've heard a lot of people who have experience with RPG Maker criticizing RPG Maker MV and suggesting that people just stick with RPG Maker VX Ace. I'm curious to try it out because from what I've heard I'll have lots more customization options, but I've found the easy-to-use features of RPG Maker MV to be...well...easy to use. What do you guys think? Should I stick with RPG Maker MV or switch to RPG Maker VX Ace? I'll be posting the same thread in the RPG Maker VX Ace section to see what people there suggest.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Personally I prefer Ace for a couple of reasons:
- More powerful: because it's exclusively for PC, there's less lag when you want to make an event-heavy game, and as an eventer, I make a lot of event-heavy games.
- More reliable: MV deployment is far more hit and miss. Ace works almost every time, but I've had several instances where MV deployment just does not work.
- Art style: Even though MV has more tilesets, the sprites, especially the battlers, are not very visually pleasing.
- Compatibility: Whenever I try to use Ace graphics in MV, they come out blurry and very ugly. But whenever I use sprites that are smaller than Ace's default, it's fine.
- Keyboard shortcuts: This may seem a little picky, but it's annoying when you have to wait extra time to test your game or open the database, especially since the icons are confusing as heck in MV. Play testing just goes much more smoothly in Ace.
- More resources: This is temporary, but there are way less MV resources than Ace resources.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't post the same thread in more than one place. That's just annoying and the mods will close one of them anyway. Probably should have just posted in Product Discussion & Support.

Why would you consider ditching an engine you've been using for a while and are comfortable with because of what other people say? Have you had the issues they're talking about? Are you trying to do the things they're talking about? If not, why would you consider doing that?

The only thing you listed in your post was customization options. MV has far more than Ace, and new plugins will come out more often for MV than for Ace now that MV is about 2 years old.

Don't let other people make up your mind for you or tell you what you should use. If you are considering switching, download the Ace trial, play with it, and then make up your own mind.

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Stick with MV, it'll be easier to use.
Also what customization features does VXA have that MV doesn't?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkSpektre