RMMV Reclamation

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by JoelMarler, Jul 14, 2018.

1. JoelMarler

JoelMarler Minister of Entertainment Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Reclamation - A Steampunk/Sci-fi/Fantasy Mishmash
    SECTION A: SYNOPSIS

This game is set approximately 200 years after the collapse of the economy. Most of the world has reverted to feudalism, but one island is re-industrialising under the tutelage of a supercomputer originally built to avert the collapse. This 'kingdom' has received a distress signal from another island assailed by strange forces. The kingdom's agents must uncover where these forces originate from and defeat them so that they can convince the island to become their vassals.

This is a steampunk RPG. Most communities in this world are neo-medieval, but have preserved relics from the technological age which preceded them. The protagonists' community has redeveloped to roughly our technological level. Although the plot and world is dark, it's also a comedy. It's also the prequel to a book I wrote earlier, 'Rise of the Iron Sun', which is available online for free (https://www.booksie.com/489562-rise-of-the-iron-sun).

As this is my first RPG Maker game, I plan to only create eight main maps: Intrepid Bay, Rice Road Forest, Apple River Village, Apple River Sewers, Thunder Tongue Mountain, Thousand Souls Wasteland, New Fortune Rice Fields, and Silent Springs. All of the areas will have nestled maps to explore, mainly dungeons. I'm modifying the animations and a few of the battlers slightly, but that's all the 'custom' resources I'm using. The game will be ten hours max.

The main game mechanic I use is making all skills be provided by your equipped items, as in a little-known game called Card Quest. Equipping a pistol may provide the player several small-arms tactics, for instance; equipping heavy armour may provide the player some defensive tactics instead. I also have four elements, one of which most foes are usually resistant too. I'm not trying to do anything too crazy as it's my first game.

Any feedback and bug reports would be appreciated. I've created a list of things to improve and fix on the sign next to where you start. If you can figure out how to fix some of the thornier problems, please let me know!

Note: Some of the skills that you can access in the battle menu haven't been created yet. I have also only created the skeleton of the game's last quarter, although it's still possible to win. Areas containing puzzles will also be upgraded to contain better puzzles once I have some ideas on how to do that.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TRAILER ONE (SHORT)

TRAILER TWO (LONG)

GAMEPLAY VIDEO

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1j38ti7bt4vlw1f/AABZo58Qqwd6lFqBmMXLI1XTa?dl=0

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018 at 6:28 AM
    Uzuki likes this.
  2. VioletSpark

VioletSpark Launcher of a Thousand Ships Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love the concept. It's unique, but easily explained.

I feel like you've chosen some good screenshots to convey the central ideas of the game.

JoelMarler likes this.
  3. JoelMarler

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! I've updated the game by the way. It's about half finished now.

4. JoelMarler

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    v1.01: Dynamic lighting, fog, new skills, weapons, and armours have been added to the game. Minister battle has been extended and made easier. Encounter rates have been increased on some maps. Skills have been restricted during the beginning of the game. Enemies now flee if party is overpowered. Short and long trailers have been created.

MaGicBush likes this.
  5. JoelMarler

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    v1.02: Voice acting added for most minor characters. Difficulty modes have been added to the game. Scan lines have been overlaid over the screen. A few quests have been added to the game. Diving areas have been added to the game. Game file size has been reduced. Several bugs have been fixed.