RMMV Reclamation

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by JoelMarler, Jul 14, 2018 at 5:50 AM.

1. JoelMarler

JoelMarler Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Reclamation
    SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
    • This game is set approximately 200 years after the collapse of the economy. Most of the world has reverted to feudalism, but one island is re-industrialising under the tutelage of a supercomputer housed under its sands. This 'kingdom' has received a distress signal from another island assailed by strange forces. The player must uncover where these forces originate from, and defeat them.

This is a steampunk RPG. Most communities in this world are neo-medieval, but have preserved relics from the technological age which preceded them. The protagonists' community has redeveloped to roughly our technological level.

As this is my first RPG Maker game, I plan to only create seven maps: Intrepid Bay (0, 0), Rice Road Forest (0, 1), Apple River Village (0, 2), Thunder Tongue Mountain (-1, 2), Thousand Souls Wasteland (1, 2), New Fortune Rice Fields (0, 3), and an as yet unnamed area (0, 4). All of the areas will have nestled maps to explore, mainly dungeons. The game will only be an hour or so.

The main game mechanic feature I plan to use is making all skills be provided by your equipped items, as in a little-known game called Card Quest. Equipping a pistol may provide the player several small-arms tactics, for instance; equipping heavy armour may provide the player some defensive tactics instead. At the moment TP and Pw (the equivalent of MP) start at zero each battle, and recover by 10%. I am thinking of changing it so that tactics skills use TP and provide Pw, and tech skills use Pw and provide TP. The battle system is very incomplete right now.

That said, the game will mainly be based around dialogue. I want everything to have a description, and everyone to have dialogue: preferably several different dialogues which are accessed through switches (whether self-switches or otherwise).

Any feedback and bug reports would be appreciated. I'm unfamiliar with mapping and the tech side of things, so I know those will be weaknesses of the game so far. If anyone wants to help me out, they're more than welcome to too! There's lots of skills, items, and enemies to make (and even a few maps).

Note: Most enemies have 1HP at the moment as I haven't properly created them yet. Some of the skills that you can access in the battle menu haven't been created yet either. Don't talk to the boss in the ship: doing so causes an error to appear.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DEMO VIDEO

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018 at 8:14 PM
    Uzuki likes this.
  2. VioletSpark

VioletSpark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love the concept. It's unique, but easily explained.

I feel like you've chosen some good screenshots to convey the central ideas of the game.

JoelMarler likes this.