recommended music software

gchan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
any suggestion for recommended music software that easy to use to create music or song for rpgmaker mv or any game?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Useful Development Tools[/move]

You might like to browse the forum I'm moving this to, as there are a few threads which discuss this and you may see something helpful to you.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
LMMS is a free composing software. But the interface might be daunting if you're not familiar with digital composing.
FL Studio is also good, but it's paid

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am not a musician myself but I have heard good stuff about FL studio (paid) and Famitracker (free). Famitracker is for NES-style music though. Dunno if you are looking for software to make sound effect but I can reccomend https://www.bfxr.net/ (free).

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I took for myself Rythmik Ultimate because I am really bad in music. :)

gchan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you all for the suggestions, I'm not musician too, but like to learn some.
For starter or just to get the feel of the music, maybe kind of like suikoden style or similar to any simple rpg game style.
I had tried Magix Music Maker, but still not get into it :)
Will try all the suggested apps, thanks.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd suggest you to know the music theory first before jumping into making a music like suikoden or so. A good learning might be to try to imitate or remix existing music imo

gchan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd suggest you to know the music theory first before jumping into making a music like suikoden or so. A good learning might be to try to imitate or remix existing music imo

yeah...still trying to imitate and get the feel of the beat...that's also a reason still look for any music apps that much easier to learn.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd recommend Audacity for basic audio editing. It is easy to use, and free.

Skoopy

Art-ificial Intelligence
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me, I use a DAW called Mixcraft. While I can't recommend it against a program such as Frooty Loops, I can say it's a good alternative for anyone worried about coughing up the wads of cash to get a license for said program. Mixcraft is still a thing you'd have to purchase, but it's good for beginners and has a simple interface.

Honestly, if you were going to do anything, I would suggest using another DAW over simply audacity unless you have insane sampling and mixing skills.

Roden124

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you want to start making music, download Anvil Studio and grab a whole bunch of MIDI files.
Look at them, learn from them. Examine and edit them to your heart's content.
Due to being an Old World phenomenon, there's a high chance your favorite songs of yesteryear have already been transcribed to MIDI,
so get cracking on those bad boys! Check out VGMusic if you'd like a good place to begin exploring the world of notations.

Anvil Studio is great for composing original music and it's free, but it is based on a format that technically doesn't have corporeal instruments so you will need a DAW to give your song life.

For that, I use Mixcraft. It's the third DAW I've made songs with in my 10+ years of experience.
As for the other software, FL Studio is good for synthetic music and I recommend Reason if you're a consummate professional.

I moved to Mixcraft from the others because it has the most generic instruments and is friendly yet impressive.
It's also the cheapest option, but I got it for free. (If I hadn't, I would have stuck with my old version of Reason.)
You only need one DAW, so pick wisely!

If you go with Mixcraft, here's a tip for you! Add the master track and apply iZotope Mastering Essentials to it.
You'll get a lot of automatic presets to help your music sound real. This will save you time mixing audio.
(I discovered this feature in Mixcraft, but every other program likely has something similar implemented.)

Music is about experimentation. If it sounds good to you, it's music!

gchan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Roden124 thanks for the info, will look into it.
btw....can those software use only with keyboard and mouse or additional equipment to attach to computer to create tune?

Roden124

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The world is your oyster! Digital pianos are definitely compatible with everything I mentioned.
These programs are built for external devices, so you'll be able to do what you want one way or another.

You just need the right cords to connect your goods to your computer and you'll be set in no time!

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I didn't expect someone mentioned Anvil Studio, since I thought at these years, I don't think people would still look into MIDI anymore. I started to make music from Anvil, and still using it up to this year. It's great, and free. But your music won't be usable if you use RMMV.

Landazar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I would recommend FL Studio - It's paid, but very complex software and demo version will suit your needs 100% because demo version is lifetime usage, only limitation is, you can't save projects (for future modifications) but you can export right away as mp3/ogg/midi format.
See (hear) for your self... And It has very well written tutorial inside program demonstrated via examples. With FL Studio you can create any kind of music or even create your own music genre. With FL Studio only limitations is your imagination.

Here are some examples from my YT channel

Ayumi_Kanno

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Other
I've been producing music for 9 years, I signed up just to answer your question (Been meaning to sign up)

I have tried almost every daw. These are the top picks. FL Studio, Cubase, Logic Pro, Presonus Studio.

Cubase and FL Studio have the best midi editing.

Cubase has the most features of any daw, most japanese use this. It is also harder to learn but has been adding features of other daws.

FL Studio is easiest, and hast fastest workflow for (mouse musicians) you easily create full songs. And it has been updating with the best GUI and easy piano roll.

Logic is for mac, I haven't used yet.

Presonus studio is a bare version of Cubase. Easier less clutter but limiting.

IMO FL studio.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally did a test of sorts for the opening of my game... ... including this shot here.
My current status!?
It might be... QUAKE!!! :o
At least that was true several hours ago. :p
Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejenifferze