Recommended Starter's DLC for this assets?

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi all! ^_^ XD I've actually already been eyeing these beautiful medieval asset packs ever since! And wish to be able to try my hand with 'em in the future soon! (After I'm done with my current project, of course xD).

I was just curious. What DLC packs for MV would you recommend for this asset as someone who's just a beginner for this pack? :) Like some sort of base pack, I guess? A DLC where I can get all the basic necessities to make a medieval game for MV. :D

Thanks so much! I'd appreciate any suggestions/recommendations for future references. ^_^

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That depends more on the type of game that you want to make. If you're making a basic game with medieval theme, I guess you can start with Medieval: Town & Country, Interior and Dungeon.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Medieval if you just want a different style. For FTP though, perhaps FSM: Town of Beginnings and Cave & Wood Tiles. Also, I would expand the Music collection. Look around for some of those. Also, if you can wait, get them all when they are on sale.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the responses guys! ^_^

@RishigangiX - Hi Rishi! Hmm! Does the Medieval Town & Country, Dungeon, Interior already come with the basic necessities also like charsets, facesets, busts? XD :) Btw, that idea I have for that future game would prolly be a medieval love story kinda thing xD A very shakespearean tale of love, tragedy and wonderlust <3 So medieval assets with charsets of elegant beautiful women and dashing handsome gentlemen would be nice indeed. :)

@OmnislashXX - Hi OmniSlash! Thanks for the suggestions! ^_^ But i'm indeed drawn more towards the medieval assets with those 3D like features. :) And yes, looking for beautiful music packs is the fun part. <3 And I already have a few packs in mind for that. ^_^

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OmnislashXX This post is specifically in the PV Games resources section, so I believe the poster is enquirer get about those, not DLC packs at large.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ohhh! Thank you so much, Rishi! ^_^ :) It's awesome to know that the pack comes with all the charsets and stuff for beginners! XD :) THis will be very helpful for future references! :D So excited for it soon! :)

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Starmage Actually, even in the readme's PVGames suggests looking at a threat here on RMW, This is the LINK.

If I remember right, I think there is a character generator (beta) just for Medieval games too.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ohhh! A huge list of recommended/necessary plugins to properly use the assets huh?! :o Niceee! ^_^ That'll be very helpful indeed! Bookmarking all these helpful links for the future. :D

Thank you so much for the heads up, @Mrs_Allykat !! ^_^ :D

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're welcome! PV-Games was very complete, and has an extensive set of instructions in the DLC packs. Also, there is a forum section set up here for his packs, I just don't have a link off-hand.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! That;s amazing to know, Mrs_Allykat! :D I'm very glad to know that there will be helpful instructions coming from within the pack once I get 'em! ^_^ That'll truly help a ton! :D Oh! And no worries about it, Mrs_Allykat. I'll prolly find 'em sometime. ;) Thanks so much once again! ^_^

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We are in the PV Games section of the forums. :D

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you are still not sure as to which packs to get first, I would generally recommend the Town and Country and Interiors packs, as that will give you the largest base to work with. They also come with characters and character pieces as well. Each DLC beyond that adds more and more to the library of resources. Warfare adds weapons, armor, and some themed tiles. Dungeons and Underdeep add caverns, dungeon tiles and traps and a bunch of monsters and such. High seas adds water and tropical related stuff (and pirates). You can get some unique heroes from the Heroes pack, or unique towns folk (with unique animations) from the townsfolk packs. It all depends what you need to make :) If you can't find the help that you need in the instructions or here on the forums, you are always welcome to message me or make a post here.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @Jesse - PVGames ! Thank you so much for your response and for clearing things up for me! ^_^ I guess starting with the Town and Country and Interiors would be the best decision if I ever start a medieval based game soon! ^_^ :) And I really appreciate the details you gave for the other packs as well! :D I'll be sure to contact you too if I ever encounter some difficulties with its usage! ^_^ :)

Thank you so much once again, Jess - PVGames! And amazing job on the beautiful pack! :D

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you check out this page on my website: http://www.pioneervalleygames.com/resource-packs.html

You will find a full list of everything that is currently up for sale, along with pictures of what is in each pack and a description of what is included. There is also the "Legacy" section at the bottom which takes you to all of the older packs as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After 5 days, it only need some more details, a few places to furnish and it's done.
I can start the eventing :3
(For the no travel jam)
I feel like I'm living in a ghost town.
Tried playing Panzer Dragoon Remake to fill the empty hole in my heart due to no Star Fox on Switch. Finished it with an even bigger hole. Nothing compares to Star Fox :'(
Is there not a police Character sprite for mv?
... finally, I think I'm making progress with this lookwise. and I even have custom ATB gauges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Udhe