Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, I think it'd be better to create another group - freemium.
I have tried multiple recorders. Camtasia Camstudio is freemium, not paid (at least older versions). You can use it for free, but it has limitations (and did not work for me in the end). Bandicam is freemium too, but leaves a watermark, so it's not the best solution sometimes. The one that worked for me though was Icecream video recorder, also a freemium program. A free version limits video length to 5 minutes. OBS did not work at all on my computer due to being heavyweight, and I don't know the other two, so cannot say anything about them.

EDIT: From the looks of it FRAPS is also freemium, with limited length of a video for the free version. And XSplit broadcaster is freemium as well.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
EDIT: From the looks of it FRAPS is also freemium, with limited length of a video for the free version. And XSplit broadcaster is freemium as well.
I call those "trials" mostly. But Xsplit is only "freemium" on certain streaming aspects. But definitely not necessary to pay for recording your own things nor does it add watermarks or whatever. So I just sticked it to Free category for now.

I could've sworn Fraps was 100% free before but I really should've rechecked that lol.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hmmm, I like screencast-o-matic. I use the paid version, but the free version is okay, too.

JtheDuelist

The Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Can we put BlueBerry FlashBack Express 5 on the free list? Sure there is a premium version, but if you already have a video editing software, all you even need is the free version (all premium adds is a built-in video editor and that is it.)

goldenhawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another free tool you can use for screen recording is gomcam recorder and it’s also got a premium version for extra features and to get rid of the ads in the software

Ashley2060

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As for me, I prefer Joyoshare Screen Recorder, an easy-to-use yet efficient video recording software with high quality. Yet its free version has stamped watermark on it.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I bought a piece of software a while ago. Movavi Video Suite 16. I think they are on 18 now.
When I went to buy it I was considering the price and decided against it. When I removed the item from the cart and went to navigate away from the page, the site popup a code to save 50%. So I bought it.
It's been pretty good. It has flaws in the video editing part, but it does include a screen recorder feature.
I've used it quite a few times to get things I would normally not be able to.

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For Radeon users I recommend built-in ReLive.

ciderpunk1984

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Camtasia is all the best except it is pricey. As for free video recording software, OBS and Screen-O-Matic shall not be missed. TunesKit Screen Recorder is also nice but has a watermark on it. Online screen recorders like Loom and Screencastify is quite easy to use.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does OBS come with an editor, or is it purely for recording? If it doesn't, can anyone recommend a good, easy-to-use (and free) editor? I'm just after something that will trim/splice, and let me add text and images.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does OBS come with an editor, or is it purely for recording? If it doesn't, can anyone recommend a good, easy-to-use (and free) editor? I'm just after something that will trim/splice, and let me add text and images.
OBS is purely for recording, there is no editor in which you can edit your videos. Personally, I record everything in OBS (since it's the best free software to record your screen) and then I use Shotcut to edit my videos. Shotcut is free, open source, very lightweight, intuitive, and powerful enough for video editing (there are even a little some more professional functions like recoloring).

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you :) Will check it out.

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can also reccomend OBS, it's free and I use it to record everything from my games to drawing videos, you can also use it to stream.

For free video editing software personally I use Davinci it's free but isn't super intuitive (its incredible what a beast it is for being free, think photoshop) but it's still pretty straightforward. You can google any question or tutorial you have n' once you learn it you're golden!

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can recommend DaVinci for editing resolve too. I haven't had as much luck with OBS, couldn't even get it to run, but... Not a concern for me, since I got a video recording program called Action recording software in humble bundle. :D I'm not complaining at all about it, it serves me well.

I use Davinci it's free but isn't super intuitive (its incredible what a beast it is for being free, think photoshop)
Well, be glad that you don't use Sony Vegas. I've bought it, because it wasn't as resource hungry as DaVinci, so on my previous laptop I could work on the video with much less lag. No need to say, it was hell compared to DaVinci.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used Davinci Resolve for a long time, but I started having bugs and crashes, so that's why I switched. But before encountering those issues, it was a pretty good editing software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightburnz