Recommended Video Recording Softwares

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Archeia, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually, I think it'd be better to create another group - freemium.
    I have tried multiple recorders. Camtasia Camstudio is freemium, not paid (at least older versions). You can use it for free, but it has limitations (and did not work for me in the end). Bandicam is freemium too, but leaves a watermark, so it's not the best solution sometimes. The one that worked for me though was Icecream video recorder, also a freemium program. A free version limits video length to 5 minutes. OBS did not work at all on my computer due to being heavyweight, and I don't know the other two, so cannot say anything about them.

EDIT: From the looks of it FRAPS is also freemium, with limited length of a video for the free version. And XSplit broadcaster is freemium as well.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I call those "trials" mostly. But Xsplit is only "freemium" on certain streaming aspects. But definitely not necessary to pay for recording your own things nor does it add watermarks or whatever. So I just sticked it to Free category for now.

I could've sworn Fraps was 100% free before but I really should've rechecked that lol.

4. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Hmmm, I like screencast-o-matic. I use the paid version, but the free version is okay, too.

5. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can we put BlueBerry FlashBack Express 5 on the free list? Sure there is a premium version, but if you already have a video editing software, all you even need is the free version (all premium adds is a built-in video editor and that is it.)

6. goldenhawk

goldenhawk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another free tool you can use for screen recording is gomcam recorder and it’s also got a premium version for extra features and to get rid of the ads in the software

7. Ashley2060

Ashley2060 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As for me, I prefer Joyoshare Screen Recorder, an easy-to-use yet efficient video recording software with high quality. Yet its free version has stamped watermark on it.

8. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I bought a piece of software a while ago. Movavi Video Suite 16. I think they are on 18 now.
    When I went to buy it I was considering the price and decided against it. When I removed the item from the cart and went to navigate away from the page, the site popup a code to save 50%. So I bought it.
    It's been pretty good. It has flaws in the video editing part, but it does include a screen recorder feature.
    I've used it quite a few times to get things I would normally not be able to.

9. Soulrender

Soulrender Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Poland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For Radeon users I recommend built-in ReLive.