RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just finished playing Eternal Senia on steam!! (7 hours!)
it's free by the way and THE GAMEPLAY WAS 9/10 !!
It was exactly what i wanted to play.. A simple battle system and relaxing and fun experience!
I am super excited because i suck at games and this one was simple enough to beat it but it needed "brain" to solve some of the chapters! i recommend it 100% for the gameplay!!
I believe is made by rpg maker vx ace! (i work with ace too) that gave me so inspiration to work harder on my game!
so do you have play the game??

you can find it here >

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is actually one of my favorite RPG Maker Games. It has a fun battle system and engaging story. I beat it while I was developing my first game, which was a year half ago. I even made fan art for this game too.

Attachments

• Eternal Senia-For You Sis.jpg
    Eternal Senia-For You Sis.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is actually one of my favorite RPG Maker Games. It has a fun battle system and engaging story. I beat it while I was developing my first game, which was a year half ago. I even made fan art for this game too.
The fan art you draw is lovely!! the game should be more popular and one of the nicest way is through fan art!
i agree so much with you.. If you have played this "hidden gem" you should know more games like this one? do you know any?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm a huge fan of Eternal Senia. The story didn't do it for me like it did for most others (melodrama and bad localization are a marriage made in hell), but I loved the breezy-yet-visceral combat, the interesting take on "puzzles", and the room design. And Senia herself is really cute. Definitely one of the best gameplay experiences I've ever had with RPG Maker.

Fun fact: Last year a mobile Senia game (Eternal Senia: Hydrangea After the Rain or something like that) was released. It's nothing like the RPG Maker game, but I think it's from the same company and it's quite good for a mobile game.

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Going to check it out, based on you all recommending it. We need to do this more for one another. Guess it is easy when it is FTP.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The fan art you draw is lovely!! the game should be more popular and one of the nicest way is through fan art!
i agree so much with you.. If you have played this "hidden gem" you should know more games like this one? do you know any?
Unfortunately, I don't know of any other games like it. ABS RPG Maker are quite difficult to modify so that's probably why they are so rare. As far as story, my own game "Path of the Martyrs" deals with similar subject matter but its turn based. Sorry I couldn't get you another recommendation and instead kind of plugged my own game. : /

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm a huge fan of Eternal Senia. The story didn't do it for me like it did for most others (melodrama and bad localization are a marriage made in hell), but I loved the breezy-yet-visceral combat, the interesting take on "puzzles", and the room design. And Senia herself is really cute. Definitely one of the best gameplay experiences I've ever had with RPG Maker.

Fun fact: Last year a mobile Senia game (Eternal Senia: Hydrangea After the Rain or something like that) was released. It's nothing like the RPG Maker game, but I think it's from the same company and it's quite good for a mobile game.
I agree for the story.. it would be nicer if it was "build" little more and finer.. it was ok... not bad.
BUT the gameplay was a-ma-zing!! i loved it! and yeah Senia and Magaleta had great desing!
i know about the mobile game but i saw on steam comments that it's not good so i deside not to play it... should i play it??

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Going to check it out, based on you all recommending it. We need to do this more for one another. Guess it is easy when it is FTP.
I wait comments!

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i know about the mobile game but i saw on steam comments that it's not good so i deside not to play it... should i play it??
It's free to play and pretty accessible, so why not give it a try?

What I like about the sequel is that the story stakes out much more confidently (with far better storytelling and more characters), and the boss fights and daily challenges are intense and highly playable. Grinding beyond what's required to beat each level is also unnecessary, which is nice for a mobile game.

What I don't like is that the majority of "regular" gameplay consists of literally clicking on a monster until it dies, then repeating several dozen times before the next boss, and that there's no environmental interaction. The gameplay is simply not as good as RPG Maker's Eternal Senia, but it's pretty good on its own terms compared to other mobile games.

P.S. - You can click the "+Quote" action (near the bottom-right of a post) on multiple posts to quote them all within one response (after selecting all posts, choose "INSERT QUOTES" which will appear below your message box), which is useful so you don't have to post multiple times to respond to multiple people :)

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What I like about the sequel is that the story stakes out much more confidently (with far better storytelling and more characters), and the boss fights and daily challenges are intense and highly playable.
Okay i am gonna play it!
P.S. - You can click the "+Quote" action (near the bottom-right of a post) on multiple posts to quote them all within one response (after selecting all posts, choose "INSERT QUOTES" which will appear below your message box), which is useful so you don't have to post multiple times to respond to multiple people :)
Like this right? ok i got it thank you

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's free man, why not try it?

Me personally, I didn't really enjoy Eternal Senia. The main character does nothing but whine about her older sister, and the plot doesn't really go further than that. I also hate how the multiple endings work in this game and how the best ending makes the game feel like a prologue to a sequel, which made my time feel wasted.

That's my opinion, although I fully realize I'm in the minority here.

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's free man, why not try it?

Me personally, I didn't really enjoy Eternal Senia. The main character does nothing but whine about her older sister, and the plot doesn't really go further than that. I also hate how the multiple endings work in this game and how the best ending makes the game feel like a prologue to a sequel, which made my time feel wasted.

That's my opinion, although I fully realize I'm in the minority here.
it's okay we hear all the opinions!! the story it's not the best part about the game but it's ok..
it could be much worse :p it stands out somehow.. the way the second ending worked, SPOILER:
(if you wear the cross you get the second ending else you get first one which is the worst) i found it very smart.. i like it.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was Doom & Destiny made with RPG Maker? That was pretty entertaining and I got a few laughs. I was disappointed in Doom and Destiny Advanced though (can't remember why).

(There's an ad-free version too)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really lack discipline and find myself far too often giving into or at least seriously considering the temptation to start a new project rather than following through on a WIP that's no longer a shiny and new idea.

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for making themselves follow through with things instead of doing this? Like that actually work?
I'm starting the "Switches lesson" on Learn MV today, what would you like to learn about them?
I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bede0