Recovery item problems

BoredDM_Jake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. None of my recovery items work correctly on my slot 1 character.

I've added Recovery 100% and Pharmacology 100% to all characters in case that was the problem. "Variance" is zero. Heals 2nd slot character 5 hp like it should. Heals 1st slot character 1 hp. Why?

Attachments

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this throughout the entire game? What's special about your #1 character? Do you have a state that affects recovery? Do you have a parallel process that affects this character? Do you have a plugin that's taking over?

Start a brand new game, copy your #1 character and your item over, and add no other changes, no plugins. Does the same thing happen?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show us screenshots of the first actor and its class

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which actor and class is having this problem? Both or just one? I notice the HP curve for the Kid class is very low.

You know you can have just one actor and use Change Class, Change Images and other commands to evolve them throughout the game? You don't have to have an actor slot for every 'iteration' of a single person.

BoredDM_Jake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, Actor 5 Hannah is from before I figured out how to change all the things. Kid is very low and really is only played for 3-5 fights. Both Actors, 1 and 5, occupy slot 1 in the party and both have had this issue. Actor 1 changes from Kid to Thief, but has the issue in both iterations. Items that heal 1 go don't heal her at all.
I need to put a different Actor in slot 1 and see if they also have the issue.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are welcome to zip up your project, load it up somewhere, and send me a link if you like. Just make sure to set it up on a map with an event to set up the party members correctly, give me some items, and put me into a battle, so I don't have to go searching for things or wander around for half an hour before I can reproduce the issue.

BoredDM_Jake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would consider it, but... *deep breath* I ran the simulation I would have sent you. Hannah 1 worked exactly as it should. Miracle! RE-ran with Hannah 5- broken. I decided to just clear Hannah 5 since I learned more about the game and didn't need her anymore. Great.

An hour later, I was doing a run through to check events and switches, etc. Hannah 1 broken from the start. Gaaagh!

Unfortunately, I also had a broken event near the end of what I have programmed that prevented me from testing Hannah 1 after she changes classes. I think I fixed the event, but I don't wanna run back through right now. And since she worked in one test, but not in the run, I'm not sure sending only a section would help.

I'm wondering if there is just a corruption somewhere. Sometimes, I create an NPC, save them, go to use them, and their section is missing from the .img. I go back to the charactor creator, import the. img, and it's there. I export again to make sure. Go back to the NPC's event. Their image isn't present. All the other characters are present in the .img that should be, just not the one I just created. i'm a little at a loss...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BoredDM_Jake I think it might help you somewhat if you read through the "bughunting" tutorial in my signature, although it will help only indirectly.

The important thing is that there is no random effect in the computer at all - everything that happens is there because somewhere the computer received a command to do this, even if the command itself is wrong or a bug.
And you have to focus and systematically search for it in any way to find it.

The problem we have is that this problem is not consistent and produces no error code - which makes it difficult to hunt down.
That is another reason why I referred you to the tutorial - it can for example be a timing problem (which are explained in more detail in the tutorial), and those can only be found and removed if you as the developer make sure you have your events stable. We on the other hand have no idea if you have fallen into the trap of using too many parallel processes in the rest of your game.

As for the last case with the images:
There are two possibilities that come directly into mind:
1) If the filepath to the project does not follow networking rules, then sometimes the engine can fail to load images. However you should get a message "failed to load xy" in this case.
2) Sometimes the editor itself is slow in updating images. In those cases the engine/project already contains the correct images but the editor still works with the previous version of the same file.
That has to do with the way the editor handles saving the project (which is NOT by regular filesave for good reasons, but creates a few disadvantages). This effect is especially bad if your project is stored in a cloudsync'd folder, because then the cloudsync and the editor save can clash (up to the point of destroying all data in the project if you're really unlucky, has already happened to dozens of users).

Some people save, quit and restart the editor to force an update of those cases. But if you have stored the project in a cloudfolder you should move it elsewhere.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. None of my recovery items work correctly on my slot 1 character.

I've added Recovery 100% and Pharmacology 100% to all characters in case that was the problem. "Variance" is zero. Heals 2nd slot character 5 hp like it should. Heals 1st slot character 1 hp. Why?
What equipment does that character have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DenRebrov wrote on Celianna's profile.
Seliana, will you be making desert tiles in the ancient dungeon?
Working on a casual shirt and jeans for female MZ gen. Woo.
Crazy idea: a crossover game made to showcase different RPG Maker games. Dimension crossing is involved and you get to play as different people's characters in some wacky nonsense plot.
HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tenchi30