recruitable NPC

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by omeg, Aug 21, 2019.

1. omeg

omeg Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello boys and girls !

Today i want to try a system discovered on suikoden2 long time ago :

In this game you can recruit some characters if you meet the condition and when recruted they are in your base and not in the initial map anymore ^^
    I want to do the same and i was wondering if its possible to do in rpg maker MV .
    For battler i will figure it out but for NPC im struggling a little^^ Is there a wy to recruit a NPC (already in a shop,selling some stuff) and after this recruitment make this npc disapear from this first shop and teleport him in the new one in the player base(other map and position?)?

thaks you for your help =)

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    JS Plugin Releases is where people who have written a completed plugin which they want to share with the community can post it.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    quickest, cheapest way to do it without plugins: make as many switches as NPC are there to be recruited, and make those events in both maps they're supposed to appear in.... check both events for switch ON, one with the character page first, and one with a blank page first.
    when the switch is OFF, they'll both spawn with the opposite page, and either appear or not.

4. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The best way would be to have a plugin to do this. Anything that dramatically changes the engine's functionalities always require a plugin. This is a harder thing to do, and I suspect there won't be many people willing to code that for free for you. There might be a free to use plugin that does something similar to what you're asking, but I'm not aware of one.

The second option is to mimic that system via complex eventing and conditionals with switches/variables. It is most likely doable, but will require some work on your part. You can have like a switch for when the NPC joins you, and when ON it will make the NPC disappear from its original location and it will make it appear in your player base. Anyways, my point is that it is doable.

5. Ebanyle

Ebanyle Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Activate a switch after recruiting them, and make a blank page of the event with that switch. In the base, make the event only appear when said switch is on.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    neither switches nor plugins.

the simplest way is to use the event condition "actor exists".

All the events pretending to be NPCs get a new event page, the one with the highest page number, and set that to "actor exist" as well as "above character priority" and NO SPRITE.

as soon as the actor is in the party (which will be when the NPC is hired) the event pretending to be the NPC will vanish - and return if you release the actor from the party at a later time.

7. Thefirelion

Thefirelion Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    In the condition part of the event, check box "actor" if "x" actor exists in you party then "delete" the NPC or create the NPC.

For the npc that activates recruitment, 2 pages:

In the first for the character recruitment sequence.
    On the second page, check the "actor" box in the conditional configuration of the event to "delete" the event or continue with other events that you want to create from that.

To activate the events that depend on the recruitment of that character, do the same with the check of the "actor" box as a condition.

8. omeg

omeg Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yep but i dont want this NPC in my party because player could use it in the formation and will crash only sprite is set on this "actor"

What i need is close to a teleportation of that NPC from a A point to an B point transfering the event(the shop) or copying this event(npc+shop) to the point b ,deleting the one in A point .

I don't know if i am clear enough^^

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  9. Thefirelion

Thefirelion Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, then use the switch and seft switches method.

10. omeg

omeg Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried something just to see what happens :
    The first page is completely ignored ,when i talk to this npc only the page 2 occur... =s

11. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    When you have an Event with several pages, the highest number page whose Page Conditions are met will be the active page and its event contents will run when you interact with it. (Page Conditions are the checkboxes at the top-left.)

If no Page Conditions are set, then all of them are met! So, since you have no Page Conditions for Page 2 (your highest-numbered page), it will always be the active page and Page 1 will always be ignored.

What you need to do is make it so that Page 2 has a Condition which is only met when you no longer want to use Page 1. Usually, you will do this by adding a "Switch X is ON" Page Requirement to Page 2, and something in the event contents of Page 1 will turn that on.

12. omeg

omeg Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    aahhhh yes ,didn't know that thing ^^And it works perfectly ,thank you all for your advices ,this forum is awsome =)