FREE Recruiting a Small "Serious" Team for a Project (Alice's Under-Tower)

TrevonMailer

Writer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Engine

RPG Maker MV

What is Alice's Under-Tower?

Alice's Under-Tower is planned to be a semi-linear, episodic, choice-based, visual novel-like, RPG game that takes place within the Under-Tower, a place born from the tear of the great angel of light Li'ace before her supposed, unruly passing.

The tower is considered a heaven for all of the worthy deceased that had met their end in the mortal world, however were unable to find solace during their time of passing and remained as roaming, purposeless spirits full of either hatred, despair, or a grooming sadness.

The tower is ruled by 7 individuals known as The Maiden Rooters, with the task of maintaining peace and order on all 7 floors of the tower. These were powerful humans, granted extremely sacred power from the great angel of light herself. With the tower being managed and controlled by these 7, peace would reign for many years as organizations and orders, villages and cities were born from their will and the humans who served them.

However, one fatal night the skies began to turn crimson red, as tears of blood streamed from the heavens. The ground and air became corrupted by a being known as The Traverser, a demon from outside the tower than found their way in through unknown means. He began corrupting the hearts of 6 Maiden Rooters by implanting lesser yet extremely powerful demons into their souls, and they then began serving his will and abandoning the will of Li'ace. From this spawned creatures of unknown origin within the tower itself, demons, monsters, beasts from underneath began to roam the tower's unholy floors.

The tower quickly became corrupted by an overwhelming darkness, with it's people either becoming slaves or corrupted themselves, and with only a single Maiden Rooter maintaining her sanity through the thicket of said darkness, the great angel of light requested that the last remaining Rooter, Alice, take her remaining power and choose a worthy individual to become the Hero of Light as a last ditch effort to fight back against The Traverser. This is when your story begins.

You play as the Hero of Light, a human reborn under the tree of radiance with the destiny of eliminating The Traverser and freeing those under his control with the power of light and purity. But there is much more to this story, many things unexplained. Corruption, greed, betrayal, and much, much more.

The truth is a far cry from what it appears to be. Be vigilant, Hero of Light. As beauty may have already blinded you from your True Destiny.

Guidelines

We have had a problems with individuals abandoning the project out of the blue without any specified reason, so I have made a short list of guidelines if you are interested in assisting with this project.

1. You can leave at anytime, but you must give us at least a few days notice before leaving and finish whatever it is you told us you would do. This is to prevent a lot of headaches throughout the project with individuals leaving out of the blue and disrupting the progress of said project.

2. You will not be micromanaged, we will trust in you and your abilities. We will simply give you a task, and you will be expected to have it fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time. We used to give out more freedom and as much time as they need, but someone on our team exploited this and abandoned the project completely without putting any work in.

3. You must show us a few samples of your work in order to see whether or not it fits into the game's world.

4. This is a serious project. This means that we're looking for serious individuals who want to see this project come to life. That doesn't mean you can't have fun and chat with the rest of the team, it means you're expected to have your tasks done in a reasonable amount of time.

5. Finally, you must give us some sort of update daily so we know how far you've come with the task. That's all for the guidelines, I'm really sorry about that, but we seriously want this project to come to life.

Q & A on Project

Q: How long is the project expected to be?

A: The length of the project itself is unknown, as it is based on a variety of factors within the team and game itself. However, gameplay wise the game is expected to at least last 10 hours.

Q: What exactly does episodic mean in regards to this game?

A: It's similar to the recent release of Corpse Party 2, where the game will be released in episodes rather than all at once. This is to prevent headaches within the team and is set as a sort of milestone.

Q: How many episodes will the game have?

A: Around 7-8, each episode lasting around 2-3 hours. Each episode represents a floor... for the most part anyway.

Q: How can we contact you?

A: You can either start a conversation with me or post down below in the reply section. However, if you decide to work with us on the project, we'd prefer it if you used Discord. I will personally send you a link once you and I have had a conversation with each other.

Q: I don't want to work on the project, but I want to support it.

A: If you wish to support the project through other means, feel free to message me with a direct conversation.

Roles Needed

(OPEN) Coder -
I'm looking for someone who is capable of making both battle and party scripts for a reasonable price. This is the only paid role.

(CLOSED) Composer - I'm looking for a composer to work alongside me on this project who can create decent music for various scenarios such as battle themes, romantic themes, field themes, etc.

(OPEN) Character Artist - I'm looking for someone to work alongside me on this project who can create visual-novel like half-body and maybe full-body images of characters with a cute, artistic, anime style. Also if possible, to create unique pixel art for the characters as well.

(OPEN) Tileset Artist - I'm looking for someone to work alongside me on this project who can create art for the various equipment, objects, and tiles within the game. I don't need any tilesets that are too complicated, basic would do just fine. I would just like this game to have a unique feeling to it.

(OPEN) Playtesters - I'm looking for individuals, once the project is underway, to test out the game and report any bugs and issues they may have with it. So for them to offer their opinion on the game and what they believe could improve it.

My Role

My role is to ensure that the team works well together and to take care of any issues that may come up in the future. I am also the writer for this project.

Skill Trade

I believe myself to be a decent writer and have some experience in creative writing, so I'd be willing to trade my writing skills if anyone needs them. :)

Final Words

Thank you for taking the time to read this! I really look forward to working with anyone interested in starting this project with me!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments and I'll answer as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Taylor123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey I'm a composer. I have been writing music for over 2 years, and I am self taught. I am interested in working on this. Here is my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/taylor-hart-536905674 . I also have other songs that I haven't uploaded there and wip pieces I'd be willing to share if you are interested.

TrevonMailer

Writer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Taylor! Thank you so much for your interest in joining the project.

I took a look at your soundcloud and I must say, I am very impressed! I especially took particular interest in your Chiptune, The Fated Battle, and Winter Spirits tracks. And my favorite was Forest of Longing, it has that wonderland vibe, and that's exactly what I'm looking for!

However, if you don't mind I have a few questions to ask you.

What are you comfortable doing for the project and how often are you available to make music for it? I ask this because I want to ensure that you'll be stress free and not feel pressured to do anything when you can't.

And one last question, how would you like to go about this? Would you like me to tell you all of the scenarios in which music would be required within the project or through some other means you personally prefer?

And of course you'll be updated on the project's status, how it's coming along, you also can express your opinion on anything you like and it will be taken to heart. :D So if you feel like something's not quite right with the project or if something needs to be added. And if you have any questions regarding it, I will answer it personally.

And again, thank you for your interest in the project! If you're still interested of course.

Last edited:

Taylor123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for taking a bit to reply.
Regarding availability, I am student so there will be times when I do not have very much time to write music. I think I could write anywhere between 1 and 4 tracks depending on what I have to do for my classes. Worst case scenario I may have to take a few weeks off if I feel I need to for class.
I think giving me scenarios is fine, having reference tracks would also be nice.

TrevonMailer

Writer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, nice! That's great! I've sent you some more information in a conversation.

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi I an artist, I started to draw in 2018 but I'm not confident on my skills yet, but I can draw half/full body my style is more towards for stylized semi-realistic but I think I can learn to draw cute anime in one week.
If you are interested I can send some of my drawings via PM.

Tatsuya

Tatsyua Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi

I can be an Playtester for this project. The project looks really interesting.

Thanks
Tatsuya

JP92717

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm willing to be a PT for your game. I'm also working on a game called QuestBound and am serious about seeing it completed.

TrevonMailer

Writer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm willing to be a PT for your game. I'm also working on a game called QuestBound and am serious about seeing it completed.
Alright, I've marked you down as well for PT!

Also do you need the assistance of a writer for your game? I'd be glad to help.

Last edited:

JP92717

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TrevonMailer

Thank you for including me as a PT! It would be great if you could lend assistance as it's only me working on my game right now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kujo1189