FREE Recruiting artists (charsets and UI) for SMT Armageddon

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Demi_Fiend, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Demi_Fiend

Demi_Fiend Chaos Hero Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Logo.png

Made with RPG Maker VX ACE

Disclaimer: This is a non-profit fangame based on the Megami Tensei franchise, developed by Atlus Co., Ltd.

Welcome to Shin Megami Tensei Armageddon! This game started out as a small passion project of mine, which eventually blossomed into full-scale game. As a fangame, I intend this project to be a loving tribute to the series it is based. That's not to say newcomers won't enjoy it. In the end, this is a standalone game, with an original world and characters. So, without further ado... let's begin!

Warning: Game contains some mature themes and religious content.
    Story:
    After a Great Flood devastated the earth, humans relocated to an artificial continent known as the Ark. Mankind's new home also served another purpose; to protect them from the vicious Demons in the outside world. However, this supposed safe-haven is not as it seems. Demon attacks are a commonplace, and a rumor spreads that Lucifer himself has breached the Ark. The human race is on the brink of destruction, and it's up to the player to save it.

Gameplay:
    Shin Megami Tensei Armageddon is a dark, thought-provoking, and sometimes cynical RPG. You traverse the dystopian world known as the Ark, exploring dungeons and completing various objectives. Throughout the game, you will make decisions that affect your morality, which determine the ending that you recieve. However, instead of having traditional "good" and "bad" endings, each one will be based on your ideals.

Battles play out in a turn-based order, and require a high level of strategy. Newcomers of the series will have to adapt to a steep learning curve, as the game won't be holding your hand. Expect some brutally hard boss fights, where the solution comes from strong party setup as opposed to grinding for EXP.

The most crucial aspect of said party building is demon recruiting. Most of your party will be made up of these monsters. What is a demon, you may ask? Demons are mystical beings that hail from a world known as the Expanse. They generally appear as creatures from various mythologies and folklores, such as angels, gods, and monsters. Throughout the game you will encounter many demons, and through negotiation, you will have the chance to add them to your party.

Screenshots:
    title.png
    battle.png
    dungeon.png
    fuse.png Inheritance.png

Conclusion:
    Up until now, I've been a one-man team. I've accomplished a lot; laying a solid foundation for the game. Now, I realize that I can't do everything on my own. Long story short, I'm forming a development team. Since this game takes place in its own world, you don't even need to be a fan of the series. There's something in this game for everyone!

Here is what I'm looking for:

• Artists who can draw battlebacks, parallax backgrounds, and some general pictures that appear in the game. Also character busts.
    More info in the latest update.

• Pixel Artist
    • Artist
    • Scripter
    • Eventer
    • Mapper

If you are interested, please notify me through PM or on this thread.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  2. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump!

Still looking for pixel artists as well as scripters.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
  3. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump!

Still looking for:

Spriter: I'm planning on having static sprites for every demon and character in the game. Walking sprites will not needed as most of the game is in 1st person. Anyone who can make detailed sprites would be greatly appreciated.

Scripter: As far as recreating the base mechanics of Shin Megami Tensei, I have mostly everything I need. However, there are many things which still need to be done script-wise (mostly with the Demon Fusion Script) This spot is open for anyone who has scripting knowledge in Ruby.

Composer: Original music will make this game stand out, and make it much more unique. Anyone who is good at composing would be amazing to have.

If anybody wants to join the development team, notify me through PM or on this thread.

4. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Another bump!

Still looking for:

Spriter: I'm planning on having static sprites for every demon and character in the game. Walking sprites will not needed as most of the game is in 1st person. Anyone who can make detailed sprites would be greatly appreciated.

Scripter: As far as recreating the base mechanics of Shin Megami Tensei, I have mostly everything I need. However, there are many things which still need to be done script-wise (mostly with the Demon Fusion Script) This spot is open for anyone who has scripting knowledge in Ruby.

Composer: Original music will make this game stand out, and make it much more unique. Anyone who is good at composing would be amazing to have.

If anybody wants to join the development team, notify me through PM or on this thread.

5. ThatGuy EJohn

ThatGuy EJohn TheDudeWhoShallSay"Wut" Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! I would like to join your team as a composer. Just as a forewarning, I am not the most amazing composer, I am kind of getting into the business of making music. With this project though, I feel like I can come up with music that would fit for this game. Would love to join the team!

6. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @ThatGuy EJohn Great! I'll send you a PM

No longer looking for composers!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  7. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump again!

Still looking for spriters and scripters.

If anyone's interested, notify me through PM or on this thread.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  8. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  9. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump!

The only open job left is spriters (2 spots open). For anyone who excels at pixel art; your help would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Re-opened.

11. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Update (6/4/17)

The battle UI has been completely overhauled. Its current design will most likely be permanent. Most of the gameplay and story is complete, with some things that still need patching up. There are currently 4 spots open for the development team:

1) Artists: This one is split into 3 main categories. (Each category is an open spot)
    1. Character/Demon Designs: Draw character and battler sprites for NPCs and demons. This will probably take the most time.
    2. Textures: Draw textures for the dungeon walls, floors, and special items (doors, treasure, etc.)
    3. Logo: This one's optional but would be nice to have. The game's logo is kind of basic. I'm trying to add some flair to it, but I don't really have the art skills.
    2) Scripter (RGSS3): I am trying to implement a demon fusion system, that essentially allows you to combine 2 demons to form another. Due to the logistics of the fusing, I will most likely need an original script. Anyone who excels in Ruby would be amazing to have.

Since this is quite a lot of work, I would be more than happy to assist with somebody's project in exchange for help. I'm not very good with scripting or anything resource based (music, sprites, etc.), but I can help with story or testing.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  12. Evilmitsui

Evilmitsui Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Love this my dude. I'm afraid I won't be much of a help but I wanted to give you a thumbs up!

Demi_Fiend likes this.
  13. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Update (6/14/17)

I am currently working on a playable demo for the game. Release date is unknown, as I still need some graphical assets to complete the task, as well as some scripts.

Here are the open jobs:

1) Artists (2 spots open):
    (Look at next update for details)
    2) Scripter (1 spot): Still looking for the Demon Fusion system. More info in the previous update.

Also, due to graphical and script limitations, dungeon exploration will no longer happen in first-person. Cutscenes and conversations however, will still be happening in the 1st person perspective.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  14. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Update (6/19/17)

Some major changes have been added:
    • Screen Resolution is now 330 x 250
    • Art style changed (more pixelated
    Demo is still in very early development. Most gameplay features are complete, apart from demon fusion.

I am currently looking for:

• An artist, who can draw battlebacks and parallax images like in the screenshot.
    • A scripter to make a demon fusion script. More info in past updates.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  15. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Update (6/26/17)

Sprite style changed, and screen resolution increased to accommodate larger sprites.
    The number of party members in battle changed from 6 to 4 due to balance issues.
    The demo is currently being developed, with no concrete due date in sight.

Still looking for:

• Artist
    • Scripter (RGSS3)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  16. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump!

As of now, we're only looking for artists. Here is what we still need:
    • Parallax images + battlebacks
    • A new game logo
    No longer looking for scripters!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  17. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bumpity bump!

Major Update:
    The demo is no longer happening. It was decided that the focus should be on the actual game itself instead of a short, playable portion. In regards to the game, the story and scripts are complete, and all that needs to be done are maps, events, and some graphical stuff. Speaking of graphics...

As of now, there are a few spots open, mainly for artists.
    The jobs are as follows:
    • Character walking sprites (Pixel Art)
    • Battlebacks and parallaxes
    • Character portraits + Demon Art
    If you are interested, you can reply here or shoot me a PM :biggrin:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  18. Dodokajet

Dodokajet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I can help a bit with character portraits if you don't need a lot of portrait and if the not consistent artstyle doesn't bother you since i'll not do all the stuff and you'll probably have to ask someone else to finish if it's too much for me

19. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Dodokajet The art is going to need a bit of dedication, as the style should be consistent throughout.

20. Dodokajet

Dodokajet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    it's better to find one person to do all the portrait I guess
    good luck