xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
TOPIC CLOSED

This game seems to be uninteresting for everyone here...i take that as a lesson. I've seen

other projects and to be honest, comparing to my game my game sucks *****

I'll start a new project (don't know when, and i'll improve my skills, like learning photoshop and stuff.

I'll keep my Mason character, i'm changing his name and change his face image. If i'll keep doing love drama games i don't know, maybe a horror suits me, or a mystery. I'll see...

You'll hear from me soon!

SparkZ out.

Last edited by a moderator:

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
it has passed 72 hours, so i'm sorry to bump this thread but i don't want it to be ignored and get into the 7th page or something. Please people, think about it :o

Mana Aeliria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
your thumbnails looks very interesting.

hope you'll find your crew!!

Don't give up

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I can't progress if nobody can help me...and it can't be a waste of time you know...plese understand me.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Remember, someone is going to have to pass by paying jobs or stop working on their own things to do your pet project, you need to give them a reason to stick around. No one is obligated to help you just because you want something. You have to give them a reason to want to stay and be a part of your team, something that they won't get better elsewhere. Your beginning post makes it pretty clear what you expect to get out of this arrangement but it isn't very clear for what the artist would be getting. Being a part of a game isn't enough, convince people that they'd be a part of a good game. Tell them why they should be excited to work on it. This is your first sales pitch for the game, saying "hey I'm making something" isn't really enough. Being part of a team isn't good enough, you need to convince them that this team is going to put in at least as much effort as they are and won't be a drain.

You can have it fast, you can have it cheap or you can have high quality, and you can only pick two of those. You can't have all three.

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Alright, i understand. But how should i convince artists to join me...it's free, so i won't pay.

Maybe i didn't mension it but people who help me gets a early access alpha of my game. I want to

offer many things for the artists but i don't know what. As it's a free service i can't offer much.

Well here's a list of what i can give in return:

- Advertisement (i can spread your work to other people so they know of you.)

- Early access alpha copy (i can send you a copy of the early access copy of the game before i'm releasing it.)

- Choose part of the story (you may choose something to happen in the second chapter, affecting the story.)

- A place in the credits (as you may know, your name will be shown at the ending of the game.)

Honestly i don't know anything more. Maybe anyone can suggest something. But i'm out of idea's.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, let's see. Creative input can be a motivator. Sometimes if a project is exciting enough you'll get people to join. Skill trades can work very well. Sometimes all you have to do is prove that you're extremely competent and that this game isn't going to be more vaporware can be enough. Just try thinking of reason why your project would be interesting for someone else.

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I edited my post, and made it look prettier. I'm a writer and editor all at once, i can create beautifull maps...the only thing that's missing is an artist.

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
If someone is possible to change the girl character prettier will be appriciated. :)

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
TOPIC CLOSED

This game seems to be uninteresting for everyone here...i take that as a lesson. I've seen

other projects and to be honest, comparing to my game my game sucks *****

I'll start a new project (don't know when, and i'll improve my skills, like learning photoshop and stuff.

You'll hear from me soon. SparkZ out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New starting map, hope it's better than the first.
new evolutions coming soon:ewink:
Oddball wrote on The_Sarah's profile.
Today: started the Army HQ. I opted for a bulky, heavy design.
Did YOU know that "$game_switches[55] = true" and "$game_switches[055] = true" do completely different things, and you should never leave a zero in? I didn't. :p
mzActor2.png mzSF_Actor2.png, mzSchoolActor2.png added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UTfan1243