Zodiac_Kleiss

The Fool
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/bannerbritfacescopy_zpsccd11a01.png[/IMG]
 ​
 ​
 ​
Haiiii  Everyone!! ^ ^
For some time now me and my bro have been working on a Non-Commercial pixel horror game entitled “Brittle Faces” for RPG Maker VX Ace and we thought it would be great to recruit more help! (Progress can get a little slow when there are only two peeps working)  So yeah! Brittle Faces is a pixel horror game that will rely on psychological fear factors and not solely on jumpscares. So far the whole story has been planned out along with level designs and characters; the introduction of the game has also been finished along with some minutes of gameplay. Before I digress, here is a short synopsis…Have fun and have a nice day!! Weeeee!!! :D  

The Story:
It was everywhere. A twisted and cruel monster which thrived off her pain. It wanted to feast on her loneliness and suffering, so it killed all those dearest to her in life. But she did not want it to satisfy its appetite. She told herself that she would keep her loved ones alive in her memory. For as long as they lived on in her memory, she was happy, and her happiness drove the monster away.

At the age of 27, Minuit Kale has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, a degenerative disorder which in a given amount of time, results with severe memory loss. To further her devastation, she is also told there is no known cure for it. Determined not to lose the last of what she holds precious, she vows that she will find a cure no matter the cost. Early one morning, she receives a call from an unheard of town claiming that a cure has been found. With her determination as fuel and nothing left to lose, Minuit does not think twice before heading out.

In this game, you will guide Minuit Kale through her unrealized fears in order to reach her goal; Finding the cure and freeing her once and for all from the monster that has tormented her all her life. 

The Characters

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/MintNeutral_zps52d5cb5c.png[/IMG]Minuit Kale
The protagonist of the game. Behind her strangely silent demeanor lies a character whose burning determination will pull her through any obstacle. However, that same determination also causes her to become quite impulsive, and at some times, gets her into deep trouble. Minuit will stop at nothing to protect the last of what she holds dear. 
 [IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/NixSmug_zps439d423b.png[/IMG]Nix Solis
Boasting the looks, a brilliant mind, and unnaturally high charisma, Nix feels he has every right to be a pompous and smug character. He favors logic above all else and is a downright skeptic when it comes to anything supernatural. Though Nix prides his ability to stay calm and rational during any moment, there will always be two things that make him go absolutely crazy: losing track of the time, and being ignored. 
[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/MayNeutral_zps60138305.png[/IMG]Mae
A teenage girl who gets left behind while on a field trip in an abstract museum. She is a bubbly person who may at times exhibit gullibility and cowardice. She is a stout believer in the paranormal and loves talking about romantic comedies. She does not realize it, but she is a genius when it comes down to creativity. 
[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/BerryMad_zps35db9700.png[/IMG]Berry
An 11 year old boy who is encountered in a closed down zoo. Often passing off as a mischievous troublemaker, Berry finds his fun by exploring places he isn’t supposed to be in. He is awfully blunt and straight to the point for a kid. Upon meeting Minuit for the first time, he forces her to play hide and seek with him despite an awkward age difference. 

The Setting
The game takes place in a fictional town called Temwood. Though the time period is modern day, the town itself appears unkempt and abandoned for years. The gameplay will involve the character navigating her way through the town and into several main buildings/levels.

Major Levels include:
Temwood Indoor Zoo –A zoo with all biomes and enclosures indoors.
“It was the lifeblood of Temwood; With its lush gardens, creative biomes, and expansive animal collections, families from all over the country traveled to Temwood just to see if it really did live up to the name “Ark of the Seven Worlds”. Things were looking great for it until the day a massive fire broke out. No human was harmed in the fire, but the animals had no way of escaping. It never did reopen after that incident. Some like to speculate the animals are still there; forever trapped behind glass windows…but I say that’s all just a bunch of nonsensical nonsense!” –Nix Solis

Musee Abstraito- The Museum of Abstracts.
“Created to appease those with a taste for out of this world experiences, the Musee Abstraito is not only home to thousands of unique art pieces, but to a strange and new way of appreciating them as well. Hoping to provide individuals with an immediate experience of visiting one world and hopping straight into another, the creator aimed to bring in several different themes and unite them all within one building. Wish to hop into the mouth of an active volcano and come out not burnt to a crisp? Here, it’s possible; only if you don’t mind ending up in a rather twisted doll house. Musee Abstraito is confusing, crazy, and may at times even borderline insanity; but coming from those who left with their minds fully intact, it is truly an amazing experience one must live at least once in their life”.    Excerpt from Tracks in Temwood.

Wester Haights Research Facility- “All for the sake of science!”.
First starting off as a small laboratory for the research and analysis of geologic and plant samples, it evolved into one of the largest and most renowned science facilities after an individual named Wester Haights made a great discovery to science. Known now not only for its many study departments, but for the unique and innovational ways experiments are conducted within. Though it has quite the reputation, Wester Haights does not boast a clean history. Much controversy had been raised when documents regarding unethical forms of treatment were exposed. 

Game Features

Interactive Gameplay- As most traditional pixel horrors go, the player guides the character through puzzles and finding unique ways to open locked passages. The player will at times be given choices which will affect the story later on. This also means creating multiple possibilities for the ending as well.
Action-time events – Occasionally, the player will enter an action-time event which requires the player to enter a series of on-screen buttons to proceed further in the game. Consequences for failing to achieve the required buttons may result in death and/or injury to the protagonist.
Multiple Endings – The player may discover alternate endings based on certain decisions made while playing through each level. You will also have a chance to find a secret ending.
Real-Time Menu- Events in-game will not pause once the menu has been accessed. Make sure that you are safe or well guarded before opening your inventory.
Sneak System -  Allows the player to sneak quietly past monsters... sometimes.

Available Positions:
Artists- Currently I’m taking care of the art concepts and stuff. But it’s always great to have help! If you want to be an artist on the team, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Pixel Artist(s)- I tried my hand at pixel artistry and most of my sprites ended up looking like floating steaks (Completely unintentional!). I’ll need a lot of help turning a couple of designs and reference pictures into non-steak-y looking sprites!

Musician(s) – it would be great to have some original soundtracks, sound effects, and ambience for the game.

Eventer(s)- Anyone who could help out with event creation and the like. Like Puzzles, etc.

Script Writer(s) – Looking for someone who could create (or modify) some script codes vital for our game such as a custom title and modding the inventory.

Mapper(s)-Most of the maps created so far for this game are parallax maps. So it would be necessary to know how to parallax map in order to assume this position.

Game Testers- Someone who could test the game for bugs and check for anything else out of place. Constructive criticism and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshots
[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/Nix_zpsfc070cd2.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/SSLibrary_zpsf2e167f7.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/SSDrone_zps9a8a5a05.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/SSAbstractExterior_zpsc23698ae.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/SSHall_zps8426a61f.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/SSCryo_zpsb6414621.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/emperor24/SSFairy_zps595af0f5.png[/IMG]
What I expect:
No spoiling the story or ripping ideas please
Maintain communication at least once a week through email or skype chat (so we all stay on the same page!)
Aaaaand…
Yeah! That’s about it!  :p  

Extra Notes:
Just in case things are unclear, questions are always appreciated. Also, opinions and thoughts towards the project will help greatly! Everybody has something unique to offer on the table and new ideas are always considered with thoughtfulness and respect.
This post does not have all the details written down because I worry about spoiling the story to others. Once you join the project, I’ll fill you in on all the details you should know.
A playable demo of the first 10-20 mins of the game might be available in a week or two. 

Thanks for Reading!!  :)  ​

killerkane567

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will help you with your project! I am looking for a project to jump on board with! Email me at ryanmario98@yahoo.com (I know, stupid Email name)

Zodiac_Kleiss

The Fool
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome aboard Killerkane! I'll be sending you an email shortly ( I think it's a nice email name :)  Looking forward to working with you! 

Aeri_Sicher

Rookie Programmer! >.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Killerkane,

I'll be handling all contacts and group meetings (which are really just chats lol) and making sure everyone is up to date! We sent you a message not too long ago, let us know if you did not receive this one. Also, it is recommended that we use skype to communicate... that way, we won't lose contact through emails not being sent correctly~ My skype user name can be found by viewing my profile, but I think I'll just put it here anyways. Aeri_Sicher (lol, same as my username x])

Cheers~!

woeterman_94

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is your project still active? 

I really love the story and I would love to help with this.

Aeri_Sicher

Rookie Programmer! >.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is your project still active? 

I really love the story and I would love to help with this.
Thanks for the comment, Woeterman =]]

And yeah, our project is still up and running~ I just sent you a message with all the general information regarding how the team work works and gets things done =]

giu926

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you still looking for people to help with the project? I can help with music if you still need it. My email is giu926@hotmail.com

huntersouls

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
 I'm web designer work in project surviver-horror call "Dead City" and just stop because i´m alone do that..so  i wish help in ur project in what you need, and who knows when u finish ur project maybe help in mine  ;) ...

mail saulo.coelho@yahoo.com

skype saulo.coelho5

MizumoriFumaira

B-blood type girl
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I want to take a part too... ~ :D

since I don't understand about making games (uhh...) I will be gald if I can be one of the game' testers~

the game seems interesting! can't wait for playing it :)

Lifestorm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This sounds like a fantastic concept! Are you still looking for beta testers? If so, I'd love to help out!

Additionally, I can also help you with proofreading game text if necessary. Let me know!

-Lifestorm

Zodiac_Kleiss

The Fool
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys! 

Yay! Thanks bunches for responding.  The project definitely needs as much help as it can get.  I'll be sending ya'll some PM's shortly :D  

EpicPlatypus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Do you guys still need a eventer? I really wish i could join o/

Ah, and my email is wowaccount123555@hotmail.com (kinda childish...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zodiac_Kleiss

The Fool
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey EpicPlatypus!

Thank you for asking! I sent you a PM with some detail. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Signing divorce papers today. Still makes no sense to me that this is a step I need to take to get my hubby the help he needs and deserves :( Life is strange people and sometimes it throws you a curve ball you have no chance in hell of catching
Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
MacAdams wrote on Frogboy's profile.
Hey is there an MZ set of D&D style plugins yet?
Wheel of Attacks.png

MORE GAMBLING THEMED ATTACKS!

I AM UNABLE TO STOP!
Is it ok to repost stuff that i've posted to threads in the status feed?
If so, here's art of Shiloh, the main protagonist of the game i'm making:20220807_181702.jpg
They are meant to be ambiguous in gender, like Frisk from Undertale or Gogo from FFVI. I haven't decided what their age will be yet. Any ideas?
Please comment what you think about the art and design!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AloneSee9