[Recruiting] Open World RPG - Currently Untitled

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by RhiKami, Feb 9, 2015.

1. RhiKami

RhiKami Enthusiastically Unenthused Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey all

I'm currently looking for a team of people to join me in creating an isometric RPG using RPGMaker VX Ace and the extension Layy Meta Editor (the thing that allows you to make 3D isometic games with RPGM).

Plot

The story focuses on two sets of people; a young boy named Shiro under the guidance of the mage Eiko, and Rokku, a town guard that finds himself in the elite ranks of the legendary hero Ryuzaki. Shiro's story starts in the Clow Farmlands in the thickets of the Gongala Woods, an area of Clow that's been uninhabitable for over a decade. After getting into an argument with a nameless old man about not wanting to eat, Shiro wonders off on his own and finds a research camp on the boarders of the Farmlands. The mage in charge, Eiko, is astonished as to how the boy was able to survive in lands with such a potent death curse afflicting it. Eiko believes that Shiro is the answer to lifting the curse.

Meanwhile; Ryuzaki, a battlemage that single handily defended the nation's capital on the night the kingdom of Aukigori launched a surprise attack, is traveling to Clow's boarder towns in hope of enlisting new recruits and making sure each town is secured. Recently there had been whispers of Aukigori attempting another siege on the nation and the High Councilors felt a need for extra fortification of the army and cities. When in the small town of Plouplik Ryuzaki is ambushed by unknown assassins. A legion of warlocks cripple the entire town with a submission spell. Only two guards are unaffected, twin brother's Shibito and Rokku both members of the town guard. Shibito is quickly cut down and mortally wounded. Rokku goes into a fit of rage, but is also quickly cut down. He falls next to Ryuzaki who is still struggling against the burden of the submission curse. Rokku now close enough to for Ryuzaki to channel his mana him is supercharged allowing the magic that prevented him from being susceptible to the curse to effect the whole town. Ryuzaki is released and quickly puts down the warlocks. The leader of the assault is sent to the capital for questioning. It is then explained to Rokku that he is capable of casting extremely potent repression magic however he lacks the skill and mana required. He receives an invitation to join Ryuzaki's legion where he will receive the training he requires to reach his potential.

Questing

The player will predominantly control Rokku. You will be given the ability to train your skills or attributes three times a day, you have to then complete five quests to sleep and progress the day. When Rokku sleeps the player will have Shiro's story as a dream. During this dream the player will be given hints where to go in order to progress the main story line. They will also be given hints so they can find special skills, buffs, or more lore.

A quest can be completed by either just following the quest giver's instructions, finding a potential simpler solution, or if you have specific attributes at a high enough level.

Each quest will be immersive and give the player a rich new story to become attached to. The main story isn't something to be focused on. I intend to bring life to each individual person in the game world, there will not be a single standalone kill-and-collect quest in this game.

Attributes

The player will have a set of attributes that will allow them to progress through questing faster, preform special actions or get a better price at stores. These attributes are increased by training them up to three times an in-game day or completing quests.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tilesets are set up and ready to go so anyone who joins up can pretty much get stuck straight into it.

Positions

I will be working on every aspect of the game.

Writers:

I'm looking for about 3 writers. You'll predominantly be writing lore and quests. You'll pretty much have freedom in all the writing aspects of the game. I am fairly set in how I want the main story to play out however, but I'll still be happy to hear ideas.

With your application

What you wanna be called by:

Skype Contact (Or other):

Example of your writing:

Mappers:

I think I'll only need 2 other people to help with mapping. I have all the graphics you'll need prepared. If you need help with how to use the Layy Meta Editor I'll be happy to explain how it all works, but it is fairly simple.

With your application

Example of your mapping:

Eventers:

Only looking for 1 eventer. Potentially more if there's a large interest in this position. An eventer who is able to map would be a dream.

With your application

A demo of your work:

Battle System Manager:

I am currently trying to decide between a tactical battle system or a simple turn based one. A real time battle system will not be possible. You'll be in-charge of balancing skills and enemies and just making sure that combat is fun and changing.

With your application

Picture of your last algebra test:

Scripters:

At this time the game has all the scripts it needs to run.

Artists:

When I'm ready I'll be looking for commissions do be done. Just drop me a message and I'll contact you when I think the game will start needing it's character, and title art to be drawn up.

Composer:

At this time music is not a priority but it will be when more maps and quests have been added. Just send me a link to your Soundcloud or other place you host your music and I'll contact you when the game is at a point that it could do with some music.

Voice Actors:

At this time there is no real dialog to be recorded but if you're a voice actor looking to get themselves out there feel free to contact me and I'll contact you as soon as we are ready to record.

If I'm forgetting anything important you can apply for that too.

Everyone will be considered regardless of how long you've been using RPG Maker. As long as you have a passion to make a good game I'll be happy to work with you.

I don't intend this game to be commercial.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    AngelicFox, Tsuyu, NH97 and 3 others like this.
  2. Culai03

Culai03 "Wanted Cookie Monster" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow!  This looks really cool! I love how it's not like the traditional RPG Maker game. I would like to be a writer for this game.

3. RhiKami

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Glad you like it xD I was worried that people would be put off

Culai03 likes this.
  4. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nice idea, I am interested to write the music. Check my signature for a few of my compositions and if you like more, send me a pm.

5. Culai03

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys! We need more people to join the group! If you are interested, please PM RhiKami or me! Dimitris, did you talk to RhiKami about being part of the team?

Dimitris likes this.
  6. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes of course. I am ready and waiting :)

7. Culai03

First Language:
    English
    Alright! I love your music by the way and think you would be a great addition to the team!

Dimitris likes this.
  8. Ralpf

Ralpf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This seems interesting, I'm messing around with the Layy Meta Editor, to see if I can get used to it, it's a bit different.

9. The Evil Pie

The Evil Pie Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I would love to help with art work if you are ever needing any, sounds like a cool idea : P

10. Tokumei No

Tokumei No Kojima Fan Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    I will happy to help you with my humble art

Dimitris and RhiKami like this.
  11. RhiKami

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I think its amazing xD hopefully we see something similar in the next version of RPG Maker. If you would like some of the tilesets I customised for it then feel free to shoot me a PM. I can also send you a few tutorials that I've made on building structers and dungeons.

I have a feeling I messed up the quoting sections >3> anyway! I really wish I could draw as well as some of the people on this site xD it'd make my life so much more easier, but until then I'll rely on the talents of others! Sending you a PM.

Tokumei No likes this.
  12. Ralpf

Ralpf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have gotten used to it a bit more, I think with tilesets set up for it it would be better. I'm gonna send you a PM in a bit, I have an incomplete farming sim that I will use for my demo, I need to add a few things to give instruction, and I need to connect the maps. I'm going to apply for the eventing position and I may help with mapping, depending on who else you are able to get signed up.

Dimitris likes this.
  13. RhiKami

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Another mapper would be great xD I just sorted out how big the world is going to be and I'm gonna need all the help I can get xD

14. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's cool that people showing interest! @Tokumei No @Ralfp Welcome guys!

Same here mate, I love watching speedpaintings and learning the theory behind it but I couldn't draw if my life depended on it! Also, I can help with mapping and eventing (not full time because it's not my forte :) ). Again, check my game in the signature to have a taste. 

Thank you mate, can't wait to learn about your story!

Culai03 likes this.
  15. Maxjonathay

Maxjonathay Jonathay Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    hello, can i test my english and voice, to be a Voice actor?

Culai03 likes this.
  16. Culai03

First Language:
    English
    Oooooo! A voice actor! I was interested to see if anyone would apply for that job!

17. Maxjonathay

Maxjonathay Jonathay Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    if they doesn't understand my english, i would like to know if you guys will add some brazilian portuguese character for some reason.

Culai03 and Dimitris like this.
  18. RhiKami

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey there! I'm more than happy to have you on board as a voice actor. However it does depend on how well you are understandable. Shoot me a pm and when the initial draft of the script is done you can have a read and record a demo if you'd like. However there has been a fairly large number of people interested in voice acting xD right now I'd really love a voice actress for the female characters xD

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    Culai03 likes this.
  19. Culai03

First Language:
    English
    It's great there is a lot of people wanting to be voice actors! I mean, it is an open world RPG. There has to be a lot of characters!

20. NH97

NH97 Humble Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow the game look awesome! Especially the map! Can't wait for it to be finished!

Support +1

Culai03 and RhiKami like this.