Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Engine:
RPG Maker MV

Synopsis: The game is a horror mystery, so it doesn't have any fighting system. There are puzzles and different strategies for trying to survive different situations. The game also has a time system where different things will happen at different times of the night and overall, you have the option to do a lot of things.

Roles Needed: I have developed the story and am creating the game, I even have people in charge of the soundtrack and visual art but I am in need of people who can create original pixel art such as sprites and tile sets. This being said, I am not opposed to anyone who is talented in music or art to help as well, but it isn't as much top priority as sprites and tile sets. Everyone who joins this project also does get a say in the story and gameplay with all opinions being considered and discussed.

My Ability to Help: I am the main story writer for the game and have enough knowledge of RPG Maker to make most of it. I'm not too good at creating plugins so I may need help with that in the future, possibly. I also have a small development team already as mentioned before and am fairly good at keeping them organized. I do know I am not always a perfect writer and getting feedback from my team has been really helpful so far and I'd love to hear what ideas you would have moving forward.

Basic Story: Austin Mendez is a freshly graduated law student who has fallen in love with a girl named Lesa (still working on her last name). Austin has decided to marry her but before he proposes to her, Lesa asks him to meet her family that lives in a small town in Washington. Austin travels there and arrives in town before Lesa. When he arrives he finds out that the people in town act a bit odd and have a constant fear of the night, warning Austin to stay inside before when the sun goes down. Apparently there have been a series of kidnappings in town and a lot of the people in town claim that monsters have been taking people from their homes and eating them alive. Austin spends the night at a hotel when hears someone screaming. Long story short, he was attack by a monster that night and was saved by an entity known as the Overseer that tells Austin that he must find the person kidnapping all the victims. The Overseer gives Austin one night to do so, telling Austin that Austin will die if he fails to complete this task by the end of the night. Austin is also a suspect in the disappearance of a lady who was staying in the room next door. Austin also finds out that Hope, Lesa's little sister, is the next target of the kidnapper. Austin has no choice but to go into town and investigate the missing people, find the kidnapper and save Hope all before the sun rises.

(There are many more details and information that the player will not know going in and I'll go more into detail with that to anyone who wants to join. We will also likely have a Discord channel dedicated to communication but if you don't have one then we can work around that.)

Characters: (Only two of them)

Austin, the main character who has to explore the town and not get arrested or killed.
image1 (2).png

Hope is Lesa's little sister who for some reason is the kidnapper's first target and most important one.
image2 (2).png

Screenshots:
I'll get there :(

Last edited:

sousen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sounds like a good game, hope play soon.

phamtruong1992

Mage Art - Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gotta say that i usually dont like games without combat system, especially games that made in rpg maker, unless it's farming games. But anyhow, good luck on your project dude.

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I gotta say that i usually dont like games without combat system, especially games that made in rpg maker, unless it's farming games. But anyhow, good luck on your project dude.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the support!
Also regarding not having a combat system, I am hoping that I can still create exciting gameplay with different survival elements and puzzles.

Last edited:

Eyehavey0u

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Engine: RPG Maker MV

Synopsis: The game is a horror mystery, so it doesn't have any fighting system. There are puzzles and different strategies for trying to survive different situations. The game also has a time system where different things will happen at different times of the night and overall, you have the option to do a lot of things.

Roles Needed: I have developed the story and am creating the game, I even have people in charge of the soundtrack and visual art but I am in need of people who can create original pixel art such as sprites and tile sets. This being said, I am not opposed to anyone who is talented in music or art to help as well, but it isn't as much top priority as sprites and tile sets. Everyone who joins this project also does get a say in the story and gameplay with all opinions being considered and discussed.

My Ability to Help: I am the main story writer for the game and have enough knowledge of RPG Maker to make most of it. I'm not too good at creating plugins so I may need help with that in the future, possibly. I also have a small development team already as mentioned before and am fairly good at keeping them organized. I do know I am not always a perfect writer and getting feedback from my team has been really helpful so far and I'd love to hear what ideas you would have moving forward.

Basic Story: Austin Mendez is a freshly graduated law student who has fallen in love with a girl named Lesa (still working on her last name). Austin has decided to marry her but before he proposes to her, Lesa asks him to meet her family that lives in a small town in Washington. Austin travels there and arrives in town before Lesa. When he arrives he finds out that the people in town act a bit odd and have a constant fear of the night, warning Austin to stay inside before when the sun goes down. Apparently there have been a series of kidnappings in town and a lot of the people in town claim that monsters have been taking people from their homes and eating them alive. Austin spends the night at a hotel when hears someone screaming. Long story short, he was attack by a monster that night and was saved by an entity known as the Overseer that tells Austin that he must find the person kidnapping all the victims. The Overseer gives Austin one night to do so, telling Austin that Austin will die if he fails to complete this task by the end of the night. Austin is also a suspect in the disappearance of a lady who was staying in the room next door. Austin also finds out that Hope, Lesa's little sister, is the next target of the kidnapper. Austin has no choice but to go into town and investigate the missing people, find the kidnapper and save Hope all before the sun rises.

(There are many more details and information that the player will not know going in and I'll go more into detail with that to anyone who wants to join. We will also likely have a Discord channel dedicated to communication but if you don't have one then we can work around that.)

Characters: (Only two of them)

Austin, the main character who has to explore the town and not get arrested or killed.
View attachment 127265

Hope is Lesa's little sister who for some reason is the kidnapper's first target and most important one.
View attachment 127266

Screenshots:
I'll get there :(
My talents include composing and pixel art.

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My talents include composing and pixel art.
If you are interested in helping us I would love to have you on our team! If you have a Discord that would make things easier and you could join our soon to be created server of people on the team. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Got your game? Cause its time to duel!"

I'm so into YuGiOh these days...
(And of course the hand is awful)
Been working on this new character for the battle system It's BOSS time!
Happy Year of the Rat all! Wish everyone can achieve their dream this year
Please support my Lego Ideas Untitled Goose Game set, thanks in advance :) https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2bcb743a-1071-4f44-89f4-97ad6ec27b5d
Here we are....REMIND is out and what am I doing?
Still Playing Kingdom Hearts 3.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonesaw577