chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
RPG VX ACE is the maker we will be using.

Alright. I have a group on facebook for the project, to coordinate file sharing, and progress on the project.

I should mention off the bat, that this is not a paying project, but credit will be given to all individuals involved. And there is an expected minimum of experience of 2 months on all fields, unless otherwise specified. That is so we (as a team) don't get stuck on a particular aspect of the game for too long.

I do not have a deadline, as the game concept is quite large.

Game Concept

Essentially it is 530 BCE on earth, and as history has proven, there are 53 factions, and 14 cultural areas. The player will get to choose between a list of factions to play as (changing the actor), and a list of classes the particular faction supports.

Each faction has a set number of cities, a custom ***, particular armor and weapons, and religion. Some religions share similar types of pantheons, while others are more different.

Each faction will have a total of twenty side quests, and five main quests. (this can be changed to allow for more or less gameplay)

Once you have created your own character, you start out in South America, where there is one faction to start with. Each map (or continent/country) has different tiers of enemies, progressing from easy, to difficult, and all in between.

Scriptwriter

So I'm not certain what exactly you'll be doing right away. But the title allows you to make suggestions for the game that involve scripting.

There are already some ideas the team currently together have for the game, but nothing yet is final, as we need someone familiar with scripting in RPG VX ACE.

Artist

Basically we will need custom tilesets, and a lot of them. Each faction has its own unique architecture. It would be nice if you have the ability to make custom characters, the character generator RPG VX ACE comes with isn't precise enough. We need things to be specific to even clothing color. Correct me if I'm wrong about that, please.

We will also need some custom art for the screens, and scenes. Not so much every scene, such as battlescreens, but some things will be needed to make the game unique. Each continent has a unique landscape we want to show off in the game.

Dreamer

You get to make life bitter sweet. When you have an idea, suggest it, and we will see if it can be implemented. Should keep to the plot of the game, and make sense with limitations of the game maker RPG VX ACE.

We only need one of these, and you should have a year of experience with RPG VX ACE.

Plotter

So you work with me and our other current team member in coming up with overall plot, as well as the small side quest plots.

Realistically, this is an important position. Members of this position should have three months experience with the game maker RPG VX ACE, and at least one year experience of creative writing.

We need about two of you guys.

If I did not mention how many we want, the limit for number is four.

We need a good sized team to handle the bulk of the work, and as we progress, the work will become smaller and smaller.

If you would like to become a member of the team, please post a reply with which position you would like, and the experience you have as requested per subject. If someone else has similar or same experience, it is first come first serve, otherwise it is based on who is more experienced.

Sorry, experience means a lot in terms of teamwork.

As for the dreamer, it's first come first serve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
hey, im a good dreamer/plotter so if you ever need ideas just send me a pm

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
We now have an artist :) Will do a blog entry featuring the work they make at a later time, with their permission.

Also, I forgot to mention. If you join, and help with all versions of the build, through to version ten, we will be selling the game, and there will be royalties for members involved.

holydeva

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
I could help with dreaming plotting and some basic programming!! email me at giorgakhs93@gmail.com if you d like.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
well all went well. the new scriptor/dreamer is hard at work. I cannot get in contact with the artist orMaikeruKeay

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
a forum has been made to help further coordinate team member ideas and concepts and such.

please do not register unless you want on the team, thank you. (as a guest, everything is viewable)

http://s13.zifboards.com/Earth_Dominix/

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
so if anyone just wants to bounce ideas back and forth, that is welcome.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
it's been 72 hours. one thing I could use help with is coming up with Tree Skill Skills (passive skills) for the player. > http://pastebin.com/dtaCY1QB

I have some ideas for what to add to expand on skills sets, but I could use a few other brains in the quest to complete the list.

IamGilgamesh

Game Developer - Rapper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plottin' and Dreamin' as per your descriptions I'm GREAT at. Just don't expect me to use VX Ace.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanceGuanti