Reduce lag from YEP_X_LimitedSkillUses ?

TheDrifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just found out that YEP_X_LimitedSkillUses and YEP_X_SkillCooldowns cause a very noticeable amount of lag on project startup and items used on the field.

I don't really use YEP_X_SkillCooldowns, but I found out it suffers from similar problems as YEP_X_LimitedSkillUses.

Whenever I start my project with YEP_X_LimitedSkillUses turned ON, it takes 10-15 more seconds for the game to start (which feels like an eternity) than if I have it turned OFF.

Also, whenever I use a healing item (HP, MP or TP) on a character when I'm on the field, my FPS drop to 5 for like a second, and causes a lot of lag in that instance. At first I thought the lag was due to the Sound Effect loading, but by digging further I indeed found that the lag was caused by those two plugins mentioned above. If I turn both of them off, my game starts up within 2-5 seconds instead of 12-20 in total, and there's barely any lag when using healing items in quick succession while in the field.

Is there any way to reduce this severe lag or frame drop from having YEP_X_LimitedSkillUses turned ON ?

TheDrifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump, in case someone else has experienced this or found a fix.

I still don't know why the plugin causes such massive lag on item use. Is it trying to load something?
I tried Irina_AntiAudioDelay plugin just in case the lag was due to loading audio files, but it doesn't help.
I don't think the lag has anything to do with loading audio.

The issue happens even in a brand new project made for testing purposes with just the bare minimum plugins.

I also tried adding the plugin's <Unlimited Use> notetag to some items just in case, but there were no improvements or changes. The massive lag spikes still happen when using items on the field.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's strange...I'm using YEP_X_SkillCooldowns with close to 300 skills in my database and my game loads nearly instantly, or at least within 2 seconds. I'm also running 106 plugins! lol

What version of MV are you using?

TheDrifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1594606270109.png
Version 1.6.2

---

YEP_SkillCore
Version 1.13

YEP_X_LimitedSkillUses
Version 1.06

YEP_X_SkillCooldowns
Version 1.12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my first big game since joining the forums! Please check out Petal Knights! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/petal-knights-playable-now.117898/
Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr