reedo's simple side battle system bugged

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by thatguywhoneedshelp!, May 21, 2019.

1. thatguywhoneedshelp!

thatguywhoneedshelp! Veteran Veteran

(this is a problem for any sideview script,but im say this person because it's what im using) basically,my damage popup script only
    shows up on my enemy's side,and the spears never attack.ps im looking for a script that shows your map location on the save/load screen like final fantasy 1

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please give a better description and better title - what has a battle system to do with maps on loading?
    also link to the scripts you have problems with

3. thatguywhoneedshelp!

4. thatguywhoneedshelp!

you know how damage popup scripts show number as damage?,well that only applies on the enemies for whatever reason,its suppose to show damage number on enemies and your party in the battle

5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I would like to make a suggestion, because it is important that you help people to help you.

Could I ask you to read through a few of the threads in this section to see how people go about asking for help with their problem. They give a lot more information than you do. They describe what they think should happen, what actually happens, and in what circumstances. If there are error messages, they say exactly what they are, often by way of a small screen shot.

If you do not describe exactly what your problem is, with the necessary detail, no one will be able to guess what is going on, and so you will not get a solution.

Also, please only ask one question per thread, otherwise it gets very confusing. The map script is irrelevant to your battle script, and so should not be part of your query.

7. DerVVulfman

DerVVulfman Resident Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    OH! You're that guy who needs help! ;)

While I don't have VXAce, I did a little review. Even a fellow named bluenakkiame had reported a damage pop issue in Reedo's own thread back in 2014. It overwrites some methods and won't work with someone else's damage pop script. Since then... no reply by Reedo.