Nawfanial

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to program a skill that has a 50% chance to apply debuffs to either your enemy or yourself. I'm somewhat familiar with javascript and wrote up a simple if x = 1 do this, or if it's = to 2 do that, but I keep getting the above error. It changes from a to b every once in a while, so at least the if statement works, but the rest of it just breaks down. Can anyone help me out? I've attached a picture of the code for reference.

Attachments

• takeachance.PNG
    takeachance.PNG
    60.2 KB · Views: 6

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a and b are only valid in the context of damage formula and maybe plugins. They mean nothing in a common event.

Also get rid of the == 0 in the top line. That is setting x to a true/false value. Technically, true equates to 1 (or anything other than 0) but if you're comparing x == 1 then you shouldn't be setting x to a boolean.

Nawfanial

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a and b are only valid in the context of damage formula and maybe plugins. They mean nothing in a common event.
In that case, how can I go about applying a state through a common event?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that whole thing should just be in the damage formula of the skill.

It doesn't affect your code working, but your x variable is pointless - especially since you only use it once, you can just say
Code:
if (Math.floor(Math.random()*2)==0)
{
}
else
{
}

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:
All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trollolol